Best Beginners Class In World Of Warcraft?

Comments

• Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Well, no matter the WoW fourms are fulll of trash talk, nonsense, and the only good that comes out are humerous posts by noobs. (see alamo on wowwiki)

I made a nifty "pick a side" comparision guide =p

Pros of Horde:
    -Generally older people (if thats a pro)
    -Amazing passive racial abilities
    -Good tanks
    -Very war-like environment
    -Lots of drums in music

Cons of Horde:
    -Everyone is fugly
    -Environment is arid and bland (unless you like orange)
    -Rogues can been seen by humans in PvP
    -No comedy. AT ALL.

Pros of the Alliance:
    -Young people
    -Amazing active racials
    -Dem humies can see stealthed enemies
    -Good PvP dps
    -Pery pretty
    -Comedic quests

Cons of the Alliance:
    -Generally though of as insuperior to the Horde
    -Going from The Exodar or Darnassus to Stormwind is a pain (i tihnk they may have added a portal to ease it, though)
    -Paladins have a nasty, NASTY reputation of popping up an unbreakable shiled and teleporting out of there at the mere sight of the Horde
    -Everyone has blonde hair

Upon looking at the servers, our best best is probably Black Dragonflight. Horde or Alli, i done care as long as we all play on the same.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2008
    The human racial is retarded. 15s of some extra stealth detection on a 3 min cooldown. I doubt most alliance even have it on their toolbar or forget they have it if they do. I wouldn't consider it a pro. I'd rather have Rank 1 AE on my toolbar than that PoS.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited January 2008
    mmonnin wrote:
    The human racial is retarded. 15s of some extra stealth detection on a 3 min cooldown. I doubt most alliance even have it on their toolbar or forget they have it if they do. I wouldn't consider it a pro. I'd rather have Rank 1 AE on my toolbar than that PoS.

It's very useful in arenas.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Well, it may be good for arenas, but 2-3 years down the line from the start of WoW, arena has only just been created, so for 1-2 years it's had barely any use whatsoever... ggblizz.
    edited January 2008
    mmonnin wrote:

not everyone is a mage and has AE

Its like the Forsaken's breath passive, it seems utterly useless untill you find yourself fighting like a word boss 30 feet under water.
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, but in that situation a passive is better than an active racial- Comparing the two different types would be difficult, like a 5% hp bonus against being able to eat a corpse to regain HP.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2008
    You guys are talking special situations and not everyone PvPs....

A potion can easily overcome being underwater for a worLd boss....
    edited January 2008
    mmonnin wrote:
    You guys are talking special situations and not everyone PvPs....

A potion can easily overcome being underwater for a worLd boss....

true...but pots dont come free and are not reuseable...and do they have a level restriction? im a blacksmith, not an alchemist.

has thelemech given up on the thread? lol, he hasnt posted on it in a while...WE NEED WORD! or at least i do, it determines weather or not I keep coh and switch to wow.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    They have a tiered level restriction. If you happen to be herb/alch, they're very easy and inexpensive to come by. I'm herb/alch on my paladin and couldn't be happier.

Apologies for any typos as this post was produced on my Crackberry for the hell of it.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Gate28 wrote:
    has thelemech given up on the thread?

Nope! Just being assaulted by real life at the moment{damn foolishness called reality:bigggrin:} and have what seems to be about a dozen doctors appointments compounded by some computer repair work for a few neighbors + landlord(whom has to be the thickest headed computer user this side of the planet=literally has to be shown the simplest things dozens of times)plus I have been working on my run on sentence abilities as well :tongue:.

And all these different terms you veterans are throwing around are admittedly slightly intimidating; I just do not want to waste any of the time I have for the game on too much noobiness. I have also been holding off since I cannot seem to choose between these three classes
    Mage(my preferred class in AD&D-especially as a DM; which might not transfer over that fluidly into a WoW campaign)
    Warlock
    Rogue
    edited January 2008
    Mages die a lot in solo because they wear cloth, but have lots of dps
    Warlocks take a lot of crap in pvp cenerios for relying on fear to survive, but lock is my personal favorite class
    Rogues are fun, so ive heard...personally i hate playing them.

Mages arent so simple as in other games, probably the easies class youve listed in rogue because they can win without even getting hit, using evasion and sap.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I play a lvl 70 rogue and so long as you don't plan on doing much PvP you'll be fairly happy.

I PvP pretty regularly and have gotten to a stand still where there's a bit of a gear gap at 70. As far as leveling up goes it's pretty standard fair and really easy from what I remember. If I can suggest one thing its to do as many quests as you can get your hands on and save your money by no respeccing your talent points every 3 days (like I do).
    edited January 2008
    saving money is easy for cloties and leather-wearers, us plate-n-mail guys have repair bills! haha
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Saving money is easy for every class. Most people just don't.
    edited January 2008
    Aye, simple things like gathering mats for pots saves surprising amounts of money.
  • edited February 2008
    I have saved 1200g this week. I also play a hunter (highly geared and skilled though) and have no problems finding groups. Don't let these 'negative nancies' tell you otherwise. Also....all classes are terrible at certain things and good at others. Up until the other day I was specced for soloing/battlegrounds and would easily top damage for the battle ground by 20k damage and would own in pvp combat. My guild has decided to start raiding more diligently though so I specced into the best spec for pve content for hunters..now I suck at pvp but my pve damage has increased by 20%....it's give and take for every class, Blizzard does a decent job of balancing classes.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2008
    I just started playing, tried several different classes and for running around solo, so far my Troll Rogue has brought me the most entertainment. I can't speak of the end game. But the start game has been a hell of a blast with this toon so far.
    edited February 2008
    Troll rogues are good for pvp because they get their fast health regen so they can get back in sooner
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2008
    Plus their frenzy racial works wonders.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    My main is a 70 Dwarf Hunter, and yes, he's beastmaster spec'd. There's a lot more to being a BM hunter than just hitting The Beast Within (big red pet thing). It only lasts 18 seconds with a couple minutes of cooldown.

You still have to pick shots carefully, as some shots don't do anything to certain enemies, the pet has to keep the enemies' attention, and if the enemy does run to you, you've got to handle that as well, as hunters aren't the best at melee combat.

I leveled almost entirely solo, I didn't go to many instances along the way, and I'm just now starting raid groups. I don't NEED to have a group around to have a good time in the game,. I'd rather do things my way on my schedule.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    The truth.
    edited March 2008
    The truth.

Pure win.
    edited March 2008
    i like how theres a single DOT button, RANDOM DOT BUTTON FTW
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2008
    The truth.

Awesome ;D
  • DarkrulerDarkruler Mi, USA
    edited April 2008
    Mage or a Pally in my opinion.

Mages have massive dps. The only downside I have found is it's very easy to kill a mage (if you can get to him).

Paladins can self heal and do some decent damage at earlier levels (20 and below?) After you get to about 50, I found my Retribution (dps) paladin useless. Now I'm prot and kickin butt!
    edited May 2008
    A few weeks ago, I finished saving the 5000 gold needed to get my Turbo Roflcopter. I love that thing, it's FAST! I can just about stay with a regular Gryphon, and depending on the route they take, I can outrun them by cutting the corners! 280% speed boost, plus 10% more for having the Riding Crop = 290%!

Now that my single biggest financial bill is taken care of, my alts pretty much get all the money they need for whatever. My 70 hunter finances it all with 375 Mining and Engineering. My 39 Human Mage just spent about 230 gold on new gear and enchants to get his mana up to a little over 4500.
  • edited May 2008
    Gate28 wrote:
    Mages die a lot in solo because they wear cloth, but have lots of dps
    Warlocks take a lot of crap in pvp cenerios for relying on fear to survive, but lock is my personal favorite class
    Rogues are fun, so ive heard...personally i hate playing them.

Mages arent so simple as in other games, probably the easies class youve listed in rogue because they can win without even getting hit, using evasion and sap.

i protest.!!

I have lvl 70 priest, warlock, hunter. and i am leveling a mage. Sisnce i started and now i am 58, i only died from mobs 3 times max. and 1 or 2 from pvp, the thing is if you level as fire mage, you have higher DPS but less survivability. But if you level as a frost mage = extremely hard to die, you can just run and run and run, frost nova run again, coldsnap + frost nova gain, blink, ..... its very very hard to die, especially after you get a pet with extra frost nova and ice barrier. Just team frost with alchemy and you will never die :P. in pvp just summon your pet, ice block wile your pet doing the shooting you are safe in the fridge, pet nova, blink out, pew pew, nova again... if you don't kill some one at least you can out run them.

and polimorph ftw :P
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    This is an old thread but wanted to add my two cents in. I love druids. I'm not resto though, I hate healing. I play to kill stuff. At level 70, feral druids are awesome, cause you can heal yourself, but you hardly EVER have to. IMO it's one of the best farming and solo classes at 70, you can basically kill stuff non-stop because of the talent called leader of the pack. It heals you every 6 seconds at most, on critical hits you make on mobs and since your crit in cat form is so high (mine is almost at 40%) you almost always crit.

The only crappy part about druids is leveling them. It's a pain until you hit level 20 honestly because you don't get cat form until level 20. If you can make it there, leveling really starts to pick up in pace.

forgot one thing. feral druids in pvp are not that great. I should clarify that. If you plan on doing lots of arena, feral druids are a huge pain and there are very few highly rated feral druids. for battlegrounds and world pvp, feral is awesome. You could always spec resto for arena though, and get your ez-mode 2k+ rating with a MS warrior lol.
    edited May 2008
    Hey dexter, how does a MAGE get a PET? Only warlocks and hunters can have pets!:confused:

My 39 Human Mage is Arcane spec, and I like it. As I recently said, I regeared and got some enchanters to crank up my intellect, and now I'm around 4500 mana. With Mana Shield I can take a few good hits before needing to hit Mana Shield again, and in battlegrounds, one of my favorite things to do was to run up to a bunch of hordes and keep running in circles around them with Mana Shield on, all the wile spamming the Arcane Explosion button.

Between losing mana from getting hit, and the explosions, I could deliver a good 15 explosions or so before running out of mana.

I haven't done any more world playing yet since then, but I expect my mage to be pretty much unstoppable against enemies up to level 43-44 or so.

Here's his armory link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Andorhal&n=Chuckknorris

Check out the dagger, a +30 intellect enchant!:eek:
    edited May 2008
    mages get a water elemental if theyre frost spec