What? What Am I? What Am I Playing?

2»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Revised. I'm going to be a "fallen" fallen. ;)

Male Fallen Cleric of Fharlanghn.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    I am going to be a Dwarf Monk, name TBD.

That seems like you're choosing your race/class to be purposefully oddball. I'm not going to forbid it, of course, you can choose anything that falls within the rules, but as you've never played D&D before, I recommend that you choose a Race/Class that works more naturally, so that you can get into the game without having to worry about role-playing the oddball character.

If you want to be a Monk, I recommend Human or Trodden as a race. If you want to be a Dwarf, I'd recommend Fighter or even Cleric.

Again, I'm not restricting your choice, I just want you to understand that you'd be creating an extra challenge for yourself with that combination since the bonuses for that race to not match the needs of the class.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    OK, well I definitely misunderstood the wisdom usefulness for monks, so I'll go ahead and be a Trodden. Plus that way I'll get a +2 when I have to whack Prime with my stick...
    edited April 2008
    so far:

Trodden monk
    Fallen cleric
    Drake fighter
    Gnome sorceror
    Human rogue
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    How is a fallen cleric going to work in what is ostensibly a "Good" group? The Cleric would had to have done something atrocious and life-changing, earning them the ire of their previous deity.
    edited April 2008
    what?

Did you read the book? Fallen is a race, not literally "fallen"

Fallen in the sense of he's not a cleric of Pelor, which is the normal deity of the Fallen of Pelor. He's a cleric of Fharlanghn, but I didn't say anything about him not being good.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    You said "Fallen" Fallen (Race). Fallen in D&D means you're bad, without equivocation. ;D Use the right words, damn you.