Check this site out

DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
edited September 2008 in Internet & Media
SweetDragon has her site together she thinks.
So check it out and give ideas to make it better
or say it's fine.
Thanks for the input :)

http://hstrial-mmcgill.homestead.com/index.html

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Looks great!
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Very nice. Easy navigation, full of info yet not cluttered. One minor thing, calendar is spelled wrong.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Clean, clear, easy to read and navigate. Considering that the theme is tourism and entertainment, it could use a little sparkle, but not at the expense of the positive attributes I gave.
  • SweetDragonSweetDragon Casselberry, FL Member
    edited September 2008
    Hey dad you didn't put in the www.westvolusiainsider.com address why are you making them go the long way? I pay extra for that www address.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Hey dad you didn't put in the www.westvolusiainsider.com address why are you making them go the long way? I pay extra for that www address.

Well I had your site bookmark and you said look at the changes
    you made.So I hit the bookmark and looked, than put it in here to
    see what others think.
    I think it was great, but you're my little girl so, it could have been the worst
    site and I'll still think it was good. :) But people can see you put time into it,
    and you can see that people agree it's good.
    Even Keebs and he's stuff to please :D
    edited September 2008
    edited September 2008
    What is meant by " the whole resources page overlaps itself, bad CSS or HTML" ?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2008
    If I look at it in firefox the resource pages has overlapping elements. Usually that's a result of your margins not being setup correctly or if you are padding anything the padding is forcing an element to overrun another.
    edited September 2008
    kryyst wrote:
    If I look at it in firefox the resource pages has overlapping elements. Usually that's a result of your margins not being setup correctly or if you are padding anything the padding is forcing an element to overrun another.

Ok found out what was up there he didn't have the page open to the max.
    But question also is post #7. Page page looks ok to me, but it has like 36
    mistakes. But if it had that many how is it the page is opening?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    DogDragon wrote:
    Running your page through a validator is like asking the mechanic to fix everything possible with your car. Unless you're entering an auto show, don't bother ;) The site is fine.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    To "validate" Keebler's point (mahahahaha), Icrontic.com has 148 errors on the front page alone :p

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://icrontic.com&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator/1.591
    edited September 2008
    Ok Thanks :) I'll tell her to leave it as is. :)
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    I strive to make sure all my designs validate before I hand them over.

HOWEVER,
    1 - I am completely obsessive about it, and some times it just isn't practical
    2 - using a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, which she is, will almost always cause *some* errors.

As long as the errors completely break the functionality or look of the site, such in your site, its OK.

Her site looks pretty good, so no worries :)

Cheers :jared: