A fresh start

124»

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Feeling cocky? Issue a challenge to another Folder!
  • sgstairsgstair Reverse Engineer Redmond, WA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Oof. I just realised both my gpu clients were dead in the water with "NANs detected on GPU"
    Reboot of both boxes eliminated the problem - they should be churning again :)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    GPU2 is going, and my Vid card is frying eggs as we speak...
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Folding Folding Folding Folding get those rigs a foldin' folding folding folding fold on, fold'em fast fold'em slow fold'em long fold'em a'home FOLD ON. just saying.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    awesome.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2008
    It was a case of stuttering - not just bad performance, but I mean it made the game completely unplayable. When paused, the game runs fine.

No love lost, I've unpaused after finishing and already turned in my first GPU WU. :thumbsup:

I did post that all my games play without a hitch while folding. I have found that not to be true. For the first time ever I have a game affected by folding. I noticed CoD 5 froze for a few seconds when starting a new map. Then it started doing it several times during a game. Turning folding off cures it. I stand corrected, I have a game that requires folding to be off. :(
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I have my 4850 OC'd to the limit and crunching WU's all day and night. It heats to an obscene 178F so I also have to turn off folding when I game. It just hasn't got any guts left to handle the 24" monitor I throw at it with everything at max.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Leo YGPM :D
    edited November 2008
    OK, thanks to _k_ and Leo I got my C2D and 9800GT cracking skulls.

Hopefully I can push 5000ppd :D

Feels good to be back into folding! ^5

cheers :jared:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Things are looking up for us! A few weeks back we were on a slippery slide into nothingness and now we are slated to conquer 2CPU.com...in five years, but, at the very least, it's a start. :)
    edited November 2008
    Hell yeah man, as long as that damn line is projected upwards we're heading in the right direction :D

I'm gonna be sticking F@H on every machine I come across with a C2D :jared:
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited July 2010
    Well IC12 has only found out 2 years too late that the Project has folded! Despite him feeling rather old & lonely he'll keep on chugging out the wu's as soon as he can work out what the latest problem is with the folding client not connecting. Probably time for a new client anyways.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Sounds like it might have expired. Go ahead and kick off a new thread. The project has been closed but our team is still pushing on, with me leading the way.