• garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
    edited December 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    Too much talking, not enough pictures.

Not enough? or none? O_O
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2008
    Not enough? or none? O_O

Well Buddy J, looks like the public has spoken. And I still think expectations are rising by the moment. I'd show them something or else your home may get stormed.

Unveil man!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited December 2008
    w00t.. hurry up and overclock that thing :D
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Gotta make sure things are good first. Last night I got Folding running with GPU on one core and the regular F@H client on the second. So far so good. It sits stable at 41C at full load. I'm gonna give it 24 hours to see if it plays nice.

Couldn't find the memory card today to upload pix. I'll have to take some tonight with my other camera.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    Gotta make sure things are good first. Last night I got Folding running with GPU on one core and the regular F@H client on the second. So far so good. It sits stable at 41C at full load. I'm gonna give it 24 hours to see if it plays nice.

Couldn't find the memory card today to upload pix. I'll have to take some tonight with my other camera.

You must be getting some good results if your saving the actual numbers. Can't wait. ;D
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited December 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    Don't tease.
    edited December 2008
    Fine. Here ya go!

Original ghetto case
    DSCN1499.jpg
    It's a tight fit
    DSCN1500.jpg
    New hotness
    DSCN1502.jpg
    Oh hi!
    DSCN1510.jpg
    I'm in yr case, Foldin yr WUs
    DSCN1507.jpg
    My rig in its natural habitat
    DSCN1503.jpg
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2008
    Man, that's some serious air cooling. You're going to have to do a writeup once your done. Looking forward to some CPUZ screen shots next :)
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited December 2008
    Heat-sinks galore. I love it xD
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Heat-sinks galore.

++

I'm getting teary eyed.
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited December 2008
    woohoo, case p0rn. Lookin' good Pete! Now get that thing cookin'!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I think you've exceeded your quota of heat pipes, sir.
    edited December 2008
    cos.jpg
  • edited December 2008
    DrLiam wrote:
    Heat-sinks galore. I love it xD
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2008
    Any more updates on the big 4.0?
    edited December 2008
    He's staring at the heatsinks, as if in a trance. Someone snap him out of it!
    edited December 2008
    So far so good. I used Praz's settings and it booted right up. No lock-ups so far or any niggles. I'm gonna start up Folding and see what she does.

Also, still idles at 41C. ;)
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2008
    Shweet! Are you gunna push it further?
    edited December 2008
    Not yet. The room I'm in is kinda warm and at 100 percent load, one of the cores of the CPU hit 56C. Also, the NB is getting really warm. I'm gonna get an 80mm fan on it and try and figure out how to get the CPU to run a bit cooler. But for now, I'll cautiously say so far so good.
    edited December 2008
    Kickass! ^5 Peter.

Are you running FAHMon? I was wondering what your PPD looks like on a 4GHz dual core.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    Not yet. The room I'm in is kinda warm and at 100 percent load, one of the cores of the CPU hit 56C. Also, the NB is getting really warm. I'm gonna get an 80mm fan on it and try and figure out how to get the CPU to run a bit cooler. But for now, I'll cautiously say so far so good.

You could angle your cpu heatsink downwards to blow on the Nothbridge heatsink you have.
    edited December 2008
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Kickass! ^5 Peter.
    Are you running FAHMon? I was wondering what your PPD looks like on a 4GHz dual core.

I'm not, but I'll try it later and see how it goes.
    Komete wrote:
    You could angle your cpu heatsink downwards to blow on the Nothbridge heatsink you have.

I can't rotate it. :( The ReaperX ramsinks are in the way. I've got the side panel off the case right now, so I wedged an 80mm fan in sitting on top of the NB heatsink. It's helped a bit.

I just dropped the CPU voltage down from 1.36350 to 1.3V. It's still stable. I'm gonna fiddle with lowering the voltages. Seems some people can do 4GHz at stock voltage, so that's a good sign.
    edited December 2008
    FAHmon says 2555ppd right now.

HD 3870
    E8400 @ 4GHz
    Process Lasso keeping things each on a respective core.
    edited December 2008
    Is that with GPU2 and one regular client? I was curious how the OC'd E8400 would do at SMP, but don't switch things around for my curiosity.
    edited December 2008
    Jah. That's with GPU2 and a regular client.
    edited December 2008
    I am completely unfamiliar with the ATI drivers other than they are called Catalyst. Until very recently, the Nvidia GPU2 required a sizable chunk of a CPU core's power for running. With the newest driver, the GPU itself does nearly 100% of the work - less than 1% load on a CPU core. What is the CPU load required for the ATI GPU client currently? When ATI gets this straightened out eventually, you will be able to run an SMP client on the multi-core CPU and a GPU client for each GPU core.
    edited December 2008
    I updated the Catalyst driver to 8.12 today and it seems GPU2 still uses the core quite heavily. SMP isn't viable here, sadly.
    edited December 2008
    The Catalyst drivers aren't weak, and ATI GPUs definitely hold their own, but due to the architectural differences, Nvidia GPUs at the moment are better suited for the type of calculations required by Folding@Home. Who knows, give it another year and the opposite might be the case.
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited December 2008
    Sweet man, I got my E8400 to 3.999 Ghz and literally one more .001 Ghz would throw it WAAAY out of whack, I think it was my abit mobo though..

Anyway, congrats!
    edited December 2008
    Thanks! I'm pretty well chuffed