halp! No POST with new build

2»

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Didn't purchase, won from icrontic.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    The motherboard that Shwaip won was actually fairly highly-rated by Icrontic, and is noted for being an ECS motherboard that is actually pretty good. The company is trying very hard to shed its "budget motherboard" image on its high-end motherboards.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    shwaip, I'd recommend getting a Gigabyte board, specifically any of the ones in their "Ultra Durable" lineup. I absolutely LOVE mine.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    The motherboard that Shwaip won was actually fairly highly-rated by Icrontic, and is noted for being an ECS motherboard that is actually pretty good. The company is trying very hard to shed its "budget motherboard" image on its high-end motherboards.
    Thank you for setting me straight. It certainly was not my intent to besmirch Icrontic HQ. I was unaware that the originator of the board was Icrontic. Additionally, I didn't know that Shwaip had one of the upscale boards from ECS. Hat's off to Icrontic for providing a very nice prize! :)

BTW, I knew that ECS had made some better-than-OEM, but thought that was a short-lived exercise.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Leonardo wrote:
    Thank you for setting me straight. It certainly was not my intent to besmirch Icrontic HQ. I was unaware that the originator of the board was Icrontic. Additionally, I didn't know that Shwaip had one of the upscale boards from ECS. Hat's off to Icrontic for providing a very nice prize! :)

BTW, I knew that ECS had made some better-than-OEM, but thought that was a short-lived exercise.

Even though I find ECS boards to be less feature laden than some others, I will say I have used a few in builds over the years and I have always found them to be stable at stock. I've used them in a few budget customer builds, and I have always found their support dept to be pretty good.

Its a shame the build was a problem, their line of black edition boards looked like a nice step up.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I still maintain the drawing was fixed.;)
  • edited February 2010
    I don't think failures are brand specific. Everyone seems to have a strong opinion about what is better or worse but I have seen many cheap Dell motherboards working 24/7 for years. I have also replaced several expensive ASUS server motherboards failing after several years of service. If it is broken RMA it, part of life for a system builder.
    edited March 2010
    ECS Support re: Not consistently posting
    CPU:
    Phenom II 965 BE [hdz965fbgibox]

MEMORY:
    OCZ3BE1600C8LV4GK

According to the motherboard spec-link this motherboards limit is 1333 not 1600 for the memories.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?detailid=957&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Specification&MenuID=145&LanID=0

Thank you

ECSTSD(Mitch)

I...I...there are no words.

And I actually have a gigabyte 790fx board waiting to be put in my case :)...just need the time
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    ...Dumbest. Support. Response. Ever.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    The memories. They need to go slower.
    edited March 2010
    shwaip wrote:
    ECS Support re: Not consistently posting

I...I...there are no words.

And I actually have a gigabyte 790fx board waiting to be put in my case :)...just need the time

Have you tried to loosen the timings and memory clock?
    edited March 2010
    Plugged all my stuff into a GA-790FXTA-UD5. Works fine. Looks like the problem is the motherboard.
    edited March 2010
    shwaip wrote:
    Plugged all my stuff into a GA-790FXTA-UD5. Works fine. Looks like the problem is the motherboard.

Well, the mobo is an upgrade at least, Sata and USB 3.0 ready.

Is ECS working to RMA the board for you?
    edited March 2010
    I'm trying. Online support is slow as balls, and I still need to convince them that it's not a problem with the memory in that board.