League of Extraordinary Icrontians

Comments

• _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited December 2010
    Well whatever works... i know a lotta people play different things like BC2, L4D1/2, SC2, TF2 - it would be cool if we can grab people together.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I agree that normally when you set an event, you just go for a day/time that should work for the most people, then let it go. If someone can't make it, hopefully they can next time. You can't please everyone.

Having said that, if Wednesdays have become a day of conflict for a lot of people, maybe a vote for a new day would be in order. But yes, definitely after the New Year crap is over.

Main problem with weekends, though, is while most people have "free" time, they use that to go out of town, to a buddy's place, go to the bars, etc. That was the beauty of Wednesday: while most people had work, they're at least at home (and not out of town) after work and can spare an hour in the evening to play instead of watching an hour of TV, etc -- if planned ahead for.

What -may- help people, though, is if we keep the same day but push the time back further. Many only play for an hour or so anyways, so if it kicked off at 11pm Eastern (8pm Pacific), it'll give a little more time for those pesky West Coast folk to finish dinner or coming back after eating out.

We may even want to consider starting at midnight Eastern, but that's probably a little TOO late for those that get up early in the morning. Though personally, I'd be willing to stay up laaaaaate one night a week for a sweet game and good company. :vimp:
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    This Wednesday sucked because it's the middle of finals week and it's almost Christmas.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    TF2? Ha, I'm actually in favor of moving on to a new game as a group.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Many of us regular fixtures of the IC TF2 server have been stolen by the new World of Warcraft expansion.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    pigflipper wrote:
    TF2? Ha, I'm actually in favor of moving on to a new game as a group.

Have you heard of Minecraft good sir? :D

-Digi
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    MAGIC wrote:
    Many of us regular fixtures of the IC TF2 server have been stolen by the new World of Warcraft expansion.

:mean:
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I don't want to abandon TF2. Ever. It is one of my favorite games of all time.

My internet was still in shambles, but I am good now at home. Next week, lets play. I miss it so much.

Oh, and TF2 is installed on the work lappy, Bandrik. It's all up to me what I put on here.
    edited December 2010
    And Eff world of warcraft.
    edited December 2010
    To the WOW gang (and anyone else addicted to a single game every day all week long): variety is the spice of life! Why play the same game every time when you can take a break from that dark ball of complexity and have a more relaxing, zen-like feeling of just fragging noobs and shooting the shit with your fellow IC buddies?

2xLAR.jpg
    I mean... come on... come on!

Also, Lynx: Glad to hear that you can put TF2 and whatever else on the lappy. That's pretty bitchin', I wish more workplaces allowed that.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    Also, Lynx: Glad to hear that you can put TF2 and whatever else on the lappy. That's pretty bitchin', I wish more workplaces allowed that.
    Speaking as someone who used to be a desktop system admin... I don't. You let people install whatever they want on their laptop and you end up with a neverending cycle of virus/malware/spyware riddled laptops coming through the office for reimage. Also whiny customers complaining about not having their work laptop. Also, also compromised private data.
    edited December 2010
    Point, counterpoint. Fine, I'm glad that Lynx can have stuff on his lappy, so he can game on the go with us at IC events, etc. =P
    edited December 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Speaking as someone who used to be a desktop system admin... I don't. You let people install whatever they want on their laptop and you end up with a neverending cycle of virus/malware/spyware riddled laptops coming through the office for reimage. Also whiny customers complaining about not having their work laptop. Also, also compromised private data.

You raise a good point. But this is AMD. My coworkers typically have a better understanding of computing systems than that.

And, in my case, I'm sort of a specific user. This laptop is mine to do as I wish. I don't believe everyone else has the flexibility I do (I have a custom workstation, one of three in the entire company)
  • _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited December 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    And Eff world of warcraft.

Win.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    K, just exited recovery mode from finals week, what'd I miss?
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    We need more drunken cola on the server. You really impressed all the 16 year old girls last night!
    edited December 2010
    Just noticed there was a winter and "medieval" ye olden mode added to TF2 on Friday. Looks like fun.

Also, ADDED A BUNCH OF NEW WEAPONS AND 20 MORE HATS TO TRADE YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!11uno

lHH0x.jpg
    (on a side-note, that bottom magnet currently hangs on the fridge in ICHQ)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    We gonna do this thing tonight?
    edited December 2010
    FUCK YEQ leoi bitcheSW
    !
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    dlunk ^
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Lol Yeah I imagine it was a fun night.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Drunk cola is awesome. Will play again.
    edited December 2010
    Dear Everyone that didn't play last night,

You missed Bagfoot karaoke. Jelly? you should be and also ashamed.

-Digi
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited December 2010
    I'm going to stick some of the better material up on YouTube sometime in the next week. I'll post the link in here.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Stupid Christmas making me miss unique and epic TF2 evenings!
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Goodbye, LOEI, at least for TF2. Game has been removed from install list on Steam to make room for all the new games I bought (and continue to buy, yay no cigs for giving me money) over the Holiday Sale.

Let me know if another (FPS) game is ever chosen.
  • _vRz__vRz_ Toronto
    edited December 2010
    pigflipper wrote:
    Goodbye, LOEI, at least for TF2. Game has been removed from install list on Steam to make room for all the new games I bought (and continue to buy, yay no cigs for giving me money) over the Holiday Sale.

Let me know if another (FPS) game is ever chosen.

Bad Company 2 and Borderlands.

Story of my life. :rockon:
    edited December 2010
    Gonna miss ya, piggy.
    edited December 2010
    Notice to everyone: TF2 is only $5 today for the Steam sale. Yeah, I'm sure everyone here already has the game, but perhaps you have a buddy you'd like to invite to LoEI gaming that hasn't had their eyes opened yet or reached gaming enlightenment. Got till about noon tomorrow to point them to that page... or hit the "gift" button for them!

It's not too late for a belated Xmas gift. :D
    edited January 2011
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Go!

Well you got an hour or so... Theeeeeeeeennnn Go!

-Digi