Valentines 2010 Movie Screening, or the Icrontic Lonely Hearts Club

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited February 2010 in Community
Well, it's kind of an oxymoron at this point, since many of the miserable single people from last year's LotR movie marathon are no longer single, WE'RE STILL DOING IT.

This year, stop by the ICHQ media chamber on Sunday, February 14th for an epic 46" 1080p screening of all six (three terrible, three great) Star Wars movies. Bring your lonely self, or your mushy cuppycake lovemuffin!

We MAY fast-forward through the pod race scene, just sayin'...

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    First.

Do we really have to watch the bad ones?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Second. Yes we do.
    edited February 2010
    Ffffuuuuu
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    many of the miserable single people from last year's LotR movie marathon are no longer single

So you are still miserable? :D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    That's the whole point of a marathon. You can't skip the miles that are too hard to run, you have to do the whole damn thing.
    edited February 2010
    Kwitko wrote:
    That's the whole point of a marathon. You can't skip the miles that are too hard to run, you have to do the whole damn thing.

Well I'll probably have to skip out early anyways, since I have to get back to Illinois.

Also, need lots of time for mushy stuff! :D
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    the first three movies are a flimsy cover up for the 6 hour orgy that will go on. the last three people will actually watch because they'll be too exhausted and sore to do anything else.

i'm on to your games!
  • SirCandleSirCandle New Haven
    edited February 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia#p/u/15/FxKtZmQgxrI
    This has to be watched by anyone who is going.

I'd really like to go but I'll have class on Monday. I'm not sitting through three fucking prequels and leaving when the good movies start
    edited February 2010
    Let's just start the crappy movies at like...six am. That way we'll be at the good ones by noon!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    I'm going to be the only asshole who's single this year won't I? FU all. I'm building a pillow fort and not letting anyone else into the media room. You're all uninvited.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Lincoln wrote:
    I'm going to be the only asshole who's single this year won't I? FU all. I'm building a pillow fort and not letting anyone else into the media room. You're all uninvited.

Oh, not hardly. Lots of assholes are single. ;D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Lincoln wrote:

Quit ya whining biatch. You have 9 days. Speed date or GTFO.
    edited February 2010
    I agree with Linc, single assholes only. :mad:
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    What came first, being an asshole or being single. I can see either causing the other.

-Bobby
    edited February 2010
    Bobby1211 wrote:
    What came first, being an asshole or being single. I can see either causing the other.

-Bobby

no u
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Lincoln wrote:
    I'd be the 2nd single asshole there... except that I have to work on Sundays so I can't make it. Also, I'm only single because of a technicality.
    edited February 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    I'd be the 2nd single asshole there... except that I have to work on Sundays so I can't make it. Also, I'm only single because of a technicality.

You're only single because of a technicality? What.
    edited February 2010
    It's an odd situation I guess. I'm more or less dating this girl, but we're not in a "serious relationship" according to her... because she just got out of a 6 year thing... and she doesn't want to rush into another relationship right away... but we are together pretty much all weekend every weekend plus any time we are both not at work. I don't know, I'm confused.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    You're being toyed with.
    edited February 2010
    At least it gets me out of the house occasionally
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    You're being toyed with.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    At least it gets me out of the house occasionally

That's actually not a bad attitude to take about it. :shrug: you're a smart kid, you'll figure it out :)
    edited February 2010

That's actually not a bad attitude to take about it. :shrug: you're a smart kid, you'll figure it out :)
    Yeah, for now that's the way I'm looking at it... I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. All I know is that her friends seem to like me and for now it gives me people to hang out with, which is something I've been lacking since I moved to Lansing. Also, being a paranoid person by nature, I'd normally think she's just toying with me as well. I can honestly say I don't think that's what is going on here though. It's just complicated.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    It's an odd situation I guess. I'm more or less dating this girl, but we're not in a "serious relationship" according to her.

That's what my wife said, right up until the time she agreed to marry me.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    It's an odd situation I guess. I'm more or less dating this girl, but we're not in a "serious relationship" according to her... because she just got out of a 6 year thing... and she doesn't want to rush into another relationship right away... but we are together pretty much all weekend every weekend plus any time we are both not at work. I don't know, I'm confused.

This is pretty much the same situation my wife was in when I met her. Well actually she was still with the guy when I first met her, but yea... Things work themselves out...
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, it doesn't matter anymore anyway. She decided to break things off today. Apparently she doesn't want to lead me on anymore because she doesn't have her stuff together and still lives with her parents. Or that's the gist of what she told me today... which is why I've been drinking myself stupid for the past 4 hours instead of being out with her. Sometimes I hate women.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    WAT STAR WARS?! friiikkkkk thats tomorrow :(
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    SirCandle wrote:
    I agree with Linc, single assholes only. :mad:
    Well are you coming or what!?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    So did Lincoln stop being single? Stop being an asshole? Or did he just go ahead and build the pillow fort?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    It was a definite endurance match.

It started with Pseudonym, Lincoln, TroubleBaker, and myself.

We picked up some stragglers throughout the day: Scotty showed up for 3,4,5, and 6. Jeff and Kati showed up for 2,3,4,5. Thrax and GQ showed up for about 30 minutes of 3, I think? Perry and Kyle saw 3,4,5, and 6. Pseudo bitched out at 4 or 5. Nicole had to go home during 5. Lincoln bitched out at 6.

Lincoln and I are basically the only ones who saw all 6. I missed about an hour of 5 while I drove Nicole home. Lincoln sat out at his computer for about 45 minutes during one of them and then went to bed early into 6.

THING!