Expo Icrontic: Golfing 2010

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Community
It's back for the 3rd year!

Friday morning during the Expo the hardcore fools get up around 8am and head out to Golf Course to play with some balls....

Since it is almost April it is time to get a list of who would like to participate this year in an event sure to be full of lulz :bigggrin:

What you need to know:

The course: http://www.maplelanegolf.com/

The cost: http://www.maplelanegolf.com/rates.html

NEW RULE THIS YEAR!:
last year the game took almost 6 hours including lunch. WAY TOO LONG. This year there will be a 2 putt rule once on the green. If you don't know what this means, don't worry about it, we'll explain when the time comes. We need to keep the golfing event to 4 hours max so people don't miss other events.

I'll post more details down the road.

SO WHO'S IN!?

golf.png
Last year's Golfers

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Provided that I actually make it to EPIC, which I plan on but can't say 100% yes at this time, I am in for Golfing.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    You driving by my house? If so, can I drop a few things with you? If not, I'm a maybe for golf unless someone can bring a set for me.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    There is no such thing as driving by your house Q. 30 miles of cornfields later....

:D
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Oh Hell yes, been waiting for this post. I am 100% in but do not have the ability to bring clubs. Does the course have rentals? I could not find this information on the website, I can call later if none of you know.

Also are there shens afoot? I thought the Cat wasn't going to be at Epic? Still planning but not attending?

Thanks,

-Bobby
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I am most likely in.
    edited April 2010
    Bobby1211 wrote:
    Also are there shens afoot? I thought the Cat wasn't going to be at Epic? Still planning but not attending?

the fatcat is everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

right now I'm just doing my job, cause I'm so %#$%#@ good at it :wink:

you'll know I'm coming to expo if you see Boulevard beer everywhere :D
    edited April 2010
    you can rent clubs at the course, but they are from like 1913.

I have a spare set at ICHQ right now and Ryder usually brings a couple extra sets of clubs with him ^5
    edited April 2010
    I'm surprised people don't just double up with someone that has clubs.
    edited April 2010
    Golf Etiquette frowns on that ardi, and most courses have rules that every golfer has their own clubs
    edited April 2010
    Bah... I'm not much on pointless etiquette. As far as I'm concerned, if two people are sharing a cart already, it's not going to slow down play any significant amount to share clubs as well. Still need to drive to both peoples ball and usually have to wait for the person to make their shot before moving on.
    edited April 2010
    So, you willing to stop and grab a PC and Golf Clubs for me? I'd be willing to donate some cash for gas.
    edited April 2010
    QCH wrote:
    So, you willing to stop and grab a PC and Golf Clubs for me? I'd be willing to donate some cash for gas.

maybe... :wink:
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'll go, I haven't golfed in forever - but it was always fun when I played in the past
    edited April 2010
    Lately, I golf once a year... at the Expo Golf outing. By hole 10, I'm warmed up and playing OK. ;D
    edited April 2010
    QCH wrote:
    Lately, I golf once a year... at the Expo Golf outing. By hole 10, I'm warmed up and playing OK. ;D

The back 9 is the best 9, amirite?
    edited April 2010
    who I got so far:

ardichoke
    zenmode
    qch
    ghoos
    bobby

and I know Ryder is in
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    mebe. still trying to figure out how i'm getting to the lan though (ergo i haven't registered)
    edited April 2010
    so:

zenmode
    qch
    ghoos
    bobby
    fatcat
    ryder
    shwaip

maybe: ardichoke

got 6. can probably do 12 max.

lets talk clubs:
    I have my set and spare and most likely will pick Q's up for him.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I need a set, willing to rent or buy beer for use of a set, the taller the better.

-Bobby
    edited April 2010
    I can likely convince someone from Cinci to cart my set up to ICHQ again this year.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I can likely convince someone from Cinci to cart my set up to ICHQ again this year.
    I should have room. Just remind me when it gets closer.
    edited April 2010
    Thanks!
    edited April 2010
    I have clubs of my own. No extras.

Also, I'd like to reiterate that I'm in provided I actually make it to EPIC. I want to, I'm trying to, I just can't say 100% that I will be there yet.
    edited April 2010
    understandable ardi

I probably didn't mention this in the original post, but we will be playing scramble style golf. teams of either 3 or 4 play best shot. also there will be a 2 putt rule once your team gets on the green. 2 putt rule is everyone on the team gets one chance to putt into the cup, if none of the players on the team make it, you pick up your balls, add a stroke and head to the next hole.

this rule is to keep the pace so we don't take 6 hours for the golf event. this is a common rule on any scramble style of golf when you don't have all day to play.

also, you will need to supply your own golf balls, tees, water(whiskey) etc. this course allows sneakers, so don't worry about golf shoes.

now, has anyone seen Ryder? he should have posted something in here by now :tongue:
    edited April 2010
    Just as last year, there will be a prize(s) for the Golfers this year

Stay tuned for details :)
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    as a non golfer, i recommend this event! i got my own cart, and it was cheap, and i got to shoot the shit with awesome people and enjoy a beautiful day outside.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Posting in the thread as requested.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    In, bringing my own clubs.
    edited May 2010
    shwaip wrote:
    In, bringing my own clubs.

good, this gives us 7 and a maybe.

still room for more, don't be scared of balls :wtf:
    edited May 2010
    he wasn't drunk when he told me this...

"I'm in for golf at expo."

TiberiusLazarus May 25, 2010

zenmode
    qch -own clubs
    ghoos - own clubs
    bobby
    fatcat - own clubs
    ryder - own clubs
    shwaip - own clubs
    jimmeh

maybe: ardi

lemme know if you need to borrow clubs. I got a spare set at ICHQ and Ryder has a spare set.