Epic 2010 Boardgaming

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited June 2010 in Community
As in past years there will be a Boardgaming area set aside for those who wish to do some unplugged gaming.

The Basics

The Boardgames will be behind the refrigerators in the garage. Sometimes it's a noisy place, but we seem to be able to remain unmolested for the most part. At any given time, during the event, there will be a whiteboard near the Boardgaming table which lists what the next game will be. Interested players can sign up there, and will be notified when the game is about to begin.

The Boardgames will only be stopping for Dinner each night, The MTG tourney, and the Duck Tape Engineering Challenge.

In past years we've been able to get in about 5-6 boardgames per day.

The Games
  • Settlers of Catan
  • Nexus Ops
  • Chang Cheng
  • Santiago
  • Carcassonne
  • Vegas Showdown

Because I'm officiating the boardgames area, and want to be able to do so effectively, we will only be playing the games I bring with me. There will be no need for others to bring boardgames. However, I have a vast collection of games, and there is still room in my car after the six noted above, so if anyone has any requests, just let me know in this thread, and I will attempt to accommodate. If you are not familiar with what games I have, click the damaged butterfly in my sig. It will take you to my Boadgamegeek profile list, which lists all of my games, and through which you can get detailed descriptions and photographs of each.

The Tourney

There will be one tournament. I tried a boardgame tourney a few years ago, and it completely failed due to time investment and people getting distracted by other activities, so last year I gave it a miss. By request, I'm going to try it again.

The tourney will be with Settlers of Catan, and will begin at Noon on Friday. We will be playing an accelerated rules variant. All players in the touney will be required to be in the boargames area until they are eliminated, even if they are not currently playing, so count on investing the entire afternoon if you want to join in. Post here if you would like to join the Catan Tourney.

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Count me in!
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    In for Catan tournament. Also: bring Power Grid and possibly Scrabble.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    No 4 hour Ticket to Ride games this year? That was honestly the longest game of Ticket to Ride I have ever witnessed :bigggrin:

Prolly not going for the official tourneys, i'll play some pickup games throughout the Lan though. Thanks again for organizing and running this CB, boardgames + awesome Icrontic people = excellent times.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    In for Catan tournament.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I would like to participate in one of these. Let me wait until all the schedules are officially released.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    In for Catan tourney.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    In for Catan tournament
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    What no chutes and ladders again?!
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    In for catan. Can you bring Puerto Rico?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Power Grid and Puerto Rico added to the box. Will put Scrabble in if there is room.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    CB wrote:
    Puerto Rico added to the box.

So Black Hawk will make it afterall! :D
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    In for Catan!
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I've been playing more Catan lately, and I am definitely in for some boardgaming! :)
    edited May 2010
    Do you have the expansion where you can use boats and whatnot? I remember Andrew seeing this at the board game store.
    edited May 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Do you have the expansion where you can use boats and whatnot? I remember Andrew seeing this at the board game store.

That is the one expansion I do not have. :(
    edited May 2010
    Maybe we could pick it up at the store. :) How does that sound?
    edited May 2010
    I'm sure we could make some time for some Settlers outside of the tourney if we had a new expansion to try. :)
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited May 2010
    If anyone (has and) is inclined to play some Carcassonne I would be very down. This has quickly become my favorite board game... Way better than Catan.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I hope to get in on a Vegas Showdown, sounds fun

-Bobby
    edited May 2010
    Dannomite wrote:
    If anyone (has and) is inclined to play some Carcassonne I would be very down. This has quickly become my favorite board game... Way better than Catan.

Carcassonne is already on my list, and there will certainly be a few sessions. It's a great game for filling in tight spaces, like if we've only got an hour 'til food tour, but we want to play one more game. ;)
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited May 2010
    CB wrote:
    Carcassonne is already on my list, and there will certainly be a few sessions. It's a great game for filling in tight spaces, like if we've only got an hour 'til food tour, but we want to play one more game. ;)

Oh I saw it is on your list. I just wished to echo interest in it so it stayed on the coming list instead of possibly not making it in over a popularly requested game.
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    i'm in!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I can bring a scrabble set, though I'd really like to return with all the pieces.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Is there anywhere to learn about the accelerated rules? I think I'm in for the Catan tourney, shame I'll have to miss lasertag though.
    edited June 2010
    Tushon wrote:
    I can bring a scrabble set, though I'd really like to return with all the pieces.

No need for anyone to bring any other games.
    edited June 2010
    RyanMeray wrote:
    Is there anywhere to learn about the accelerated rules? I think I'm in for the Catan tourney, shame I'll have to miss lasertag though.

You can learn about them right here:

Each person's second settlement is a city and the game only runs to 7 points.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Awesome. I can see that spicing things up nicely. We'll still have to wait 20 minutes per round for Lincolnwebs to decide where to put his second settlement though...lol
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    RyanMeray wrote:
    Awesome. I can see that spicing things up nicely. We'll still have to wait 20 minutes per round for Lincolnwebs to decide where to put his second settlement though...lol
    And then wait 2 hours to see how I beat you with said placement. :mouldy:
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    In for Catan, also Scrabble if we'll have it. Any chance of Axis and Allies? A short 30 hour game of it would be nice :p.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'm in for Catan