Epic 2010 Boardgaming

2»

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Would anyone be interested in RISK? I really enjoy a good game of Global Domination but rarely have a chance to play. I have Risk 2210 which I could bring with me if people are interested in playing, I'd be willing to go out and pick up classic Risk as well if people wanted.

Before you start CB, I know you said there's no need for other people to bring additional games, but if there's other people interested I'd really like to get some RISK action going.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Would anyone be interested in RISK? I really enjoy a good game of Global Domination but rarely have a chance to play. I have Risk 2210 which I could bring with me if people are interested in playing, I'd be willing to go out and pick up classic Risk as well if people wanted.

Before you start CB, I know you said there's no need for other people to bring additional games, but if there's other people interested I'd really like to get some RISK action going.

I'd play the hell out of Risk. There's sure to be some time early one morning where not much is going on we could get an unofficial game or two in.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I am down to start a game of risk.

-Bobby
    edited June 2010
    Yesss..... I'll go out and pick up an original Risk set. Probably easier than trying to learn the slight differences in Risk 2210.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    Yesss..... I'll go out and pick up an original Risk set. Probably easier than trying to learn the slight differences in Risk 2210.

Only if you really want to. I'd kinda like to see what's different in 2210, I've never played it.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Risk 2210 is a much less painful game, as it has a definitive end point (five turns, IIRC) so that the games don't last forever as in the original Risk.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Please do not bring your own games.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    CB, if they want to bring their own games and play them on my kitchen counter or the front lawn, or the freaking coffee shop, they're fully allowed to.

What CB is saying is: Don't bring your own games and expect them to be played in the boardgaming area.
    edited June 2010
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Risk 2210 is a much less painful game, as it has a definitive end point (five turns, IIRC) so that the games don't last forever as in the original Risk.
    Theres a few different game types you can play. I believe the 5 turn one you refer to is a speed game of some sort (I'd have to look at the rules). It can also be played the same as classic Risk, the only difference of course being that there are territories on the moon and in the oceans.
    edited June 2010
    CB, if they want to bring their own games and play them on my kitchen counter or the front lawn, or the freaking coffee shop, they're fully allowed to.

What CB is saying is: Don't bring your own games and expect them to be played in the boardgaming area.

Yes, that's what I mean. The boardgaming area will be run and adjudicated by me, and we will only be playing games that I am able and willing to adjudicate. This does not include anything resembling the time investment required for RISK. If I start running games like that, the number of people who get to play games, and the number of games we get to play total start to decline rapidly.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Canti wrote:
    Any chance of Axis and Allies? A short 30 hour game of it would be nice :p.
    I have a board if we wanna get one together.
    edited June 2010
    Lincoln wrote:
    I have a board if we wanna get one together.

To quote Lynx, "Gooooooooooooooooooood."
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Also, will we be stopping the Catan tournament for laser tag or no? I'm torn.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Go with Catan. You know I'll just ruin your shit in laser tag. :)
    edited June 2010
    You will have to choose between Catan and laser-tag, unfortunately
    edited June 2010
    Well, Catan is the only board game I was interested in :/

Seems like I will have to back out of the tournament. I can't turn down the laser tag event.
    edited June 2010
    What we can't sit around the game table and shoot at each other between turns?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Shoot all you want, just not lasers or bullets. ;)
    edited June 2010
    Koreish wrote:
    Shoot all you want, just not lasers or bullets. ;)

You'll be like 800 miles away, you can't stop me. Besides you're not my mommy.
    edited June 2010
    I'm still rather upset about this. I do enjoy my Catan. Guess I'll have to play some pick up games later.
  • AlidraAlidra Metro Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'd like to be in for Catan too if it's still possible.
    edited June 2010
    Alidra wrote:
    I'd like to be in for Catan too if it's still possible.

The list of attendees is not finalized yet, but at his point, it's looking like we wont have enough people for a tourney, since almost everyone wants to play Lazer tag instead... :/
    edited June 2010
    Actually, there are still plenty of people up for Catan. For some reason, I was feeling like a bunch of people opted for Lazers, but I guess it was just a couple.

The tourney list currently looks like this:

Alidra
    Canti
    CB
    Colgere
    CrazyJoe
    Drasnor
    GHoosdum
    Mertesn
    RyanMurray (?)
    Sharkydart
    WagsFTW (?)
    Zanthian

(question mark indicates that the person's request to join the tourney was vague and possibly misinterpreted)

12 is a good number, but there is still room for more. I'll cut off sign-up at Wedneday afternoon, at which point I'll create the bracket.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    This should be fun, even though Ghoosdum is going to win ;)
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'm in for sure. With any luck, I'll kick some ass but get eliminated in time to play lazer tag. LOL
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'll play Catan.
  • lersheelershee Keeper of J Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Ohh!!! Count me in for settlers! :-)
    edited June 2010
    Thanks to everyone who stopped by the boardgames table this year. I know we didn't get to play quite as many games as past years, but we still had lots of fun.

If you missed it, GHoosdum was the winner of the Catan Tourney.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Zanthian wrote:
    This should be fun, even though Ghoosdum is going to win ;)
    CB wrote:
    If you missed it, GHoosdum was the winner of the Catan Tourney.

d'OH!
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Totally Called it.