Icrontic Oktoberfest 2010

Comments

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Vanilla bean gelato would be amazing with those beers.... mmm....

And Dill Havarti cheese. :)
    edited October 2010
    And dark chocolate... oh boy! So excited!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I eat them most of the time. It was only one event when I was bad at it! You leave a few leftovers at ONE IC event out of a dozens and you never hear the end of it....

Well, at least I don't have any embarrassing stories following me like puking on anythin-
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Arrive: 10/27 - Delta - 630PM
    Depart: 10/31 - Delta - 530PM

If that pickup time doesn't work with the new schedules, Eli and I will bring books and wait around - no big.
    edited October 2010
    Ryan, meghann just heard about the beer tasting and is wondering if it is possible for her to get in on this. Let us know.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited October 2010
    Annes wrote:
    Arrive: 10/27 - Delta - 630PM
    Depart: 10/31 - Delta - 530PM

If that pickup time doesn't work with the new schedules, Eli and I will bring books and wait around - no big.

Let me know if you can't get them. I work 'til 6 so I wouldn't get their near their arrival but better late than very late.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Ryan, meghann just heard about the beer tasting and is wondering if it is possible for her to get in on this. Let us know.

With the number of tasters going from 11 to 12, the samples will be 1.8 to 2.1 ounces instead of 2 to 2.3 ounces. As long as everyone's ok with a teeny bit less beer per sample, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Ryan,

I am out, I will not be there Saturday. Meghann can have my spot.
    edited October 2010
    You will be missed, but that makes things easier on me. heh. Thanks for the heads-up.
    edited October 2010
    I did commit to paying though, so if that is an issue, let me know.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Are you still coming for the other days of Oktoberfest, Ryder?
    edited October 2010
    I will be there part of Thursday and all day Friday I think.
    edited October 2010
    Brian, can we have another Halloween Costume Contest like we did a few years ago on the forum, where we put up pictures and a poll?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Brian, can we have another Halloween Costume Contest like we did a few years ago on the forum, where we put up pictures and a poll?

you are more than welcome to start said thread yourself :wink:
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I will probably try to swing in sometime Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately, no way to swing a hotel on my income. But this time I will remember to bring my awesome Rock Band bass and Moo. (Er, I mean MU.) :D
    edited October 2010
    Please, someone bring a Rock Band mic. kthxbai
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I honestly don't know where you're going to sleep.

I can't stress this enough: We have no room to sleep anybody in the house anymore. Basement is occupied by a tenant. Picture yourself on Friday or Saturday night, and you want to crash: Where do you envision yourself crashing?

I'm strongly, strongly urging to everyone: ICHQ has evolved and grown up a bit. We can't have people crashing all over the floor anymore. I'm sorry.
    edited October 2010
    <strike>Acceptable places to sleep:
    • A hotel
    • The backyard (tent)
    • Asking matt to sleep on his floor
    • Asking scotty to sleep in his bed

I'm not going to speak for my roommates; if you want to make arrangements with them, it's up to them if you can sleep in their respective rooms. I'm saying that the living room floor/couches/ICHQ office are not for sleeping anymore.</strike> See below -linc

I think it will be warm enough to sleep outside. This has been an absurdly warm autumn in Michigan (Supposed to be high 60s tomorrow!?)
    edited October 2010
    I think it will be warm enough to sleep outside. This has been an absurdly warm autumn in Michigan (Supposed to be high 60s tomorrow!?)

Thu Oct 28 Cloudy H 50° L 36° R 20%
    Fri Oct 29 Sunny H 51° L 39° R 0%
    Sat Oct 30 Partly Cloudy H 55° L 38° R 20%
    Sun Oct 31 Partly Cloudy H 54° L 37° R 20%

better bring a sleeping buddy if you plan to tent, 36°-39° ain't exactly comfort temps :hrm:
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I was planning on just crashing somewhere, but if sleeping area really is non-existent, perhaps it's time I look into trying a hotel.

First, though, for those that already have a hotel room, would anyone be interested in having another person in your room? I'll have my own vehicle, and I do not require a bed. I'll be bringing a sleeping bag no matter what, so I could just take the floor somewhere in the corner. Of course, I would help by paying my share of the hotel, up front if you'd prefer.

I don't want anyone to feel pressured to take me in, especially if your hotel room is too full already. This request is for those that already had an opening and wouldn't mind another Icrontian to split costs.

If anyone has a spot, please PM me ASAP, and I appreciate it in advance! :vimp:

Edit: I would also certainly consider sleeping in a tent, but again only if there's a comfortable spot somewhere. The sleeping bag I have is rated for freezing weather, so the cold temps should be fine. Again, many thanks!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Um, if that's the case I have a hotel for Friday and Saturday with CB but he's leaving on Sunday and my flight isn't until 3PM on Monday (and my ability to get anywhere goes with him) so is anyone else staying in a hotel Sunday night that I can split a room with or something (and share a ride back to said hotel?) I figured it would thin out with people leaving on Sunday night enough that I could crash on the floor or couch or something for just that one night...
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    RyanMeray wrote:
    Please, someone bring a Rock Band mic. kthxbai

Consider it done, sir.

Also, if space is that painfully short, anyone want to go halves on a room or something? I am painfully poor. There's also a less than zero chance of me being able to safely drive from ICHQ to anywhere further than 3 doors down. :/
    edited October 2010
    For mic: we have xbox 360 version of RB
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Ahem. Sofas are fine, and there are 2 more in the garage if you're really stuck. Floor-at-your-own-peril as usual. I've cleared space for a few people in the basement via cot and Sumo ( <3 jokerz4fun). If I like you enough I may even clear out space in my little cove for you. We'll make it work; no panicking please. :)

The reports of ICHQ growing up are exaggerated... :crazy:
    edited October 2010
    RootWyrm wrote:
    There's also a less than zero chance of me being able to safely drive from ICHQ to anywhere further than 3 doors down. :/
    How are you getting there in the first place? :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    However, please let me reiterate the importance of getting a hotel room if you are capable of doing so. We definitely cannot accommodate everyone in the house.

//edit: Remember, ICOK is the second-biggest event of the year generally. I can guarantee a blanket, but not necessarily comfort :p
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Lincoln wrote:
    Ahem. Sofas are fine, and there are 2 more in the garage if you're really stuck. Floor-at-your-own-peril as usual. I've cleared space for a few people in the basement via cot and Sumo ( <3 jokerz4fun). If I like you enough I may even clear out space in my little cove for you. We'll make it work; no panicking please. :)

<3
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    better bring a sleeping buddy if you plan to tent, 36°-39° ain't exactly comfort temps :hrm:

This is what they make 0 degree sleeping bags for. Me and the girlfriend were going to go camping this weekend until her work schedule got borked. 30 degree temps and all. (we were actually preparing for even colder than that).
    edited October 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    This is what they make 0 degree sleeping bags for. Me and the girlfriend were going to go camping this weekend until her work schedule got borked. 30 degree temps and all. (we were actually preparing for even colder than that).

obviously it is doable, and even more so when drunk. but for the cost of a 0° sleeping bag and tent you could just split a hotel room for both nights. :thumbup
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Lincoln wrote:

Ok, panic over!! Thanks Matt!!