Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Sweet, looks great! Even has this thread as the sticky. Thanks Lincoln! :vimp:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Updated the OP with current info.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    The Server, she is down
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    The Server, she is down

7am - Still down. woke up early to get some rail development in. :(
    10am - Still down.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I was getting some lag spikes last night when I was on at the same time as Ryder. Mostly it was mob's freezing and then doing the fast update of location and actions.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys, did you hear the server is down?
    edited December 2010
    I had a dream that the server was down. I have a sneaking suspicious that it was no dream. The server may, perchance, be down. It's a slight possibility. Quite right, I do say.

EFhNu.jpg
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I talked to ADG, he will check server when he gets home.
    edited December 2010
    oh my god, ohmygod, OHMYGOD. I can't log into the minecraft server. What do I do? I need to mine. Shit what am I going to do. I NEED MY CRAFT AND MY MINE!

Minecraft is suppose to be moving to beta on the 20th. Also all alpha owners get every update ever for free, if you buy it or buy a gift code before the 20th you get this as well. Everyone else after that will get the RC and all bug fixes, no hint to what pay content for minecraft would ever be.
    edited December 2010
    So in short, now's the time to buy for those that haven't already?

If so, then do it, Prime. I see you stalking around in this thread. What are you waiting for? Join us already! Give in. One of us, one of us... :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    *snort*

after what I've seen in here? You wouldn't get me within 20 miles of this game.
    edited December 2010
    Yea, your right, the game is just terrible.

You meant to say you don't want to play with us :p
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Just grabbed TheKids account, will give it to her on Monday (her birthday), I'll have to see if Sugar is even remotely interested and jump on one for her too.

Thanks for the heads up K.

-Digi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Yes, because you couldn't possibly have tons of fun in your own single-player world.
    edited December 2010
    Snark, your avatar hurts me deeply. No literally, like in my brain.

:D

It's delightful.
  • TattyTatty Norway
    edited December 2010
    I have been following the thread (the village) tonight, and your community seems awesome.
    I have one question: is it impossible for me to play in peaceful mode?
    I love Minecraft, but I have a long history of freaking the f*** out if I have to deal with monsters myself (I love watching people play, especially horror games).

You seem to play with evil mobs on, yes? I wholeheartedly understand why you would do that. I'm just a huge pussy, and I also happen to lolcats. I mean: I love cats. In a Stockholm Syndrom kind of way.
    edited December 2010
    Server up
    edited December 2010
    Tatty. You can set your difficulty to peaceful and you won't see creepers/mobs/baddies but they will still be there and still hurt you. Monster spawn is server controlled but the difficulty choice while in a multi map is still enabled.

No you cannot run in peaceful mode.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Yay server is working :D
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Sorry guys. Probably a memory issue related to Java and its wonderful memory management.

I was too busy to play last night and this morning, otherwise I would have noticed it.

If anyone ever notices it not working, please feel free to @ or DM me via the Twitter and I'll get a text message alerting me about it. As long as I'm not deep into a major comatose state (read: sleeping like the dead), I'll check it out right away.

In the case of this morning's outage, I was awake at that time, and would have been able to fix it right away.

Also: I took the downtime opportunity to make a zip of the server at the point in time I restarted it. If anyone wants to import it and/or run a map over it, feel free to DL it and give it a rip - https://s3.amazonaws.com/AlexDeGruven_Minecraft/Minecraft-12-11-2010.zip
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited December 2010
    Sorry guys. Probably a memory issue related to Java and its wonderful memory management.

Also: I took the downtime opportunity to make a zip of the server at the point in time I restarted it. If anyone wants to import it and/or run a map over it, feel free to DL it and give it a rip - https://s3.amazonaws.com/AlexDeGruven_Minecraft/Minecraft-12-11-2010.zip

No worries! You're doing us all a favor by running it! I'll definitely run Overviewer against it and put the map online for everyone to see. :)
    edited December 2010
    The map render is running now. There's 19,645chunks according to Minecraft-Overviewer. Hah!

MC-Overviewer has got all 4 physical cores PLUS all 4 Hyperthreaded cores maxed out rendering this thing. Talk about a stress test!

http://screencast.com/t/zk9rEBkI1g
    edited December 2010
    Hey no prob Alex. Hell, it was nice to take a break from Minecraft and get a few other things done today. Also, thanks for the backup and for sharing it, and thanks to Tony for the upcoming map. You guys rock the house. :rockon:
    edited December 2010
    Map is done and online!

http://sota.llarian.net/Icrontinent/

It took something like half an hour to render and about 3 hours to upload. Hah! There were something like 16,000 files to upload. Heh.

Anyways, enjoy! When you zoom in, you'll need to give it a sec to load. The blurriness will go away! Also, I can do another version without the signs, if you want. You can mouse-over the signs to actually read them, as well.

-T
    edited December 2010
    Went ahead and edited the file to exclude signs, which makes the various zoom levels load slightly faster. So now there's two versions:

No Signs: http://sota.llarian.net/Icrontinent/nosigns.html

With Signs: http://sota.llarian.net/Icrontinent/index.html

These will load on mobile phones with JavaScript, since it's built off of Google's maps API.
    edited December 2010
    I have to admit, seeing that with the Google Maps API is really, really impressive.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    dawww, the giant tower in Icrontown is right on top of my place. Ah well, way cool map. Thanks for taking the time, Tony.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    That big desert area at the top of the map. That is where I was finally killed when I got lost that one time. Lesson learned, always travel with a compass.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    After reports of bouncing users and reappearing blocks. I restarted the server again this morning. I took the opportunity again to run a backup, which I'm uploading to S3 now.

By the sound of it, things are changing pretty drastically on a day-to-day basis.

Love it.
This discussion has been closed.