Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

Comments

• ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to be digging a tunnel from there all the way back to civilization...just for shits and giggles!

Extended east line service anyone?
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited January 2011
    Just let me know when I'm whitelisted, haha!
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited January 2011
    Extended east line service anyone?

Hah! This outpost is due south of spawn. :) So yeah, extended south line service!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Malpercio wrote:
    Just let me know when I'm whitelisted, haha!
    I added you the day you posted and Cola confirmed. Have you had errors logging in?
    edited January 2011
    I was having errors, it kept telling me that I wasn't on the whitelist, but I just tried again, and it works just fine now. Thanks!
    edited January 2011
    Hah! This outpost is due south of spawn. :) So yeah, extended south line service!

I stand corrected. Boy is my face red!
  • edited January 2011
    I figured I'd post this here since it will be useful for some members. I found a way to tunnel through lava, so long as the tunnel is at least 3x3 (modified method works for smaller, though not shown). Couldn't find any other how-tos on this, so either I suck at searching or I'm the first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNwrCcViC8k
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    The new server is up and running with a copy of the Icrontic world. Right now, it's just a test copy of the world. Anything you want to build permanently should still be built on the server at Ryder's. I would like it if some people could log in and poke around to make sure things are working as expected and are responsive for everyone. Once I'm satisfied that everything is running well, I will get a final copy of the world from Ryder, restore it on the new server at which point it will become the permanent server.

Server: minecraft.ardichoke.info
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Ooooh, I'll hop on and check it out right now.

-Digi
    edited January 2011
    It looks great. Runs great. It's Great :-D

-Digi
    edited January 2011
    Lost about 40 diamonds in a lagged-triggered lava accident last night while working on my 5,000 block tunnel back to civilization. :( Thought I was at least 4 blocks back before lava started flowing into to the tunnel when I cleared the last block....aaaand I get teleported right to the front of the tunnel and into the hot stuff. :( Oh well.

All 40 of those diamonds came from digging out the first 1,400 of the blocks, so I'm sure I'll find at least 40 more in the next 3,600 blocks of digging.

But still. :(
    edited January 2011
    Server down?
    edited January 2011
    Server down?

Huh. weird. Couldn't log in after about 20 tries, but now I'm in.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Appears so. Not replying to pings

Edit: perhaps he configured it to not reply. Got in on first try.
    edited January 2011
    Not sure which server we're referring to... I was tweaking with the firewall for a bit today which probably made mine not responsive for a while. Ryders is still the official server for the time being though (probably not much longer) and I'm not sure about that one
    edited January 2011
    I couldn't get on earlier ether (Ryders server). Can confirm what Tony is sayin. I'm on now.

-Digi
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited January 2011
    I'm having trouble logging in, as well.
  • edited January 2011
    I lost connection about two minutes ago and can not reconnect.
    edited January 2011
    (Once again, it would be helpful to know which server is being referred to)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I can get on ryder's fine
  • edited January 2011
    Apologies, I was referring to Ryder's. It seems to be working again.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    The new server is up and running with a copy of the Icrontic world. Right now, it's just a test copy of the world. Anything you want to build permanently should still be built on the server at Ryder's. I would like it if some people could log in and poke around to make sure things are working as expected and are responsive for everyone. Once I'm satisfied that everything is running well, I will get a final copy of the world from Ryder, restore it on the new server at which point it will become the permanent server.

Server: minecraft.ardichoke.info

The save you used is a blast from the past.

Also, Icytown is on fire.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Lost about 40 diamonds in a lagged-triggered lava accident last night while working on my 5,000 block tunnel back to civilization. :( Thought I was at least 4 blocks back before lava started flowing into to the tunnel when I cleared the last block....aaaand I get teleported right to the front of the tunnel and into the hot stuff. :( Oh well.

All 40 of those diamonds came from digging out the first 1,400 of the blocks, so I'm sure I'll find at least 40 more in the next 3,600 blocks of digging.

But still. :(
    1. Carry water
    2. Don't mine 5000 blocks away from your nearest chest
    3. :)
    edited January 2011
    CB wrote:
    The save you used is a blast from the past.

Also, Icytown is on fire.

I just used what Ryder provided me with. I'd like to schedule a full stress test of the new server. If people could wander over to my server construction thread so that I can organize that, it would be super: http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91605
    edited January 2011
    Turnip Castle now has public plots available! Put your name on an available plot. Right now there are 7 plots open with more on the way. The main rule I have is that basements should not be built below sea level; they will interfere with the great hall. Other than that, the roads are the only other border.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Took a plot in the castle and made something that I thought looked cool, first plot on the left as you enter the castle from IC town.
    edited January 2011
    Grabbed a plot in the castle, and I think I'm just going to begin by building myself a nice house or something since I don't have anything else built yet. Thanks for the plot!
    edited January 2011
    I grabbed a plot as well, the 8x20 plot. Plan to put a house there soon as we make the server switch.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    one of us. one of us. one of us.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    It's for the greater good THE GREATER GOOD
This discussion has been closed.