New Gaming Router or overclock?

13»

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    TCP timeout is near the bottom of the Administration->management tab
  • edited January 2011
    I don't see all of those TCP settings, but I do see the following:

Maximum Ports: 1024 (Default: 4096, Range: 256 - 4096)
    TCP Timeout (in seconds): 300 (Default: 3600, Range: 1 - 86400)
    UDP Timeout (in seconds): 120 (Default: 120, Range: 1 - 86400)

I went and changed the max ports to 2048, but I'll keep the other two as is until someone can tell me to change them
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    For instructions on changing the various TCP timeouts (as Thrax mentioned, can't believe I forgot about that, I remember tweaking with those on my old GS back in college to get it stable), see this: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown#Increasing_Max_Connection_count_beyond_limits_of_GUI

^^ ohai, I posted this way earlier in the thread, it's how to change the various timeouts that can't be changed through the GUI.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm not sure I understand how to do that at all, it's like a completely different language, haha. How do I enter this code? is it Admin-->Commands?
    edited January 2011
    You need to apply those settings via the command line by telnetting or SSHing into the router. If you're not familiar with using the command line... well... I'm afraid that's beyond my ability to help with right at the moment, sorry.
    edited January 2011
    Oh, you can also just skip to this part:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown#Script

that tells you exactly what to do (copy and paste the stuff into a specific location). You might need to tweak those until you find an ideal situation. Note that every time you modify that, you will need to reboot the router for the changes to take effect.