Operation: ICAF

13»

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    AC: 31" (20.0 pts)
    SU: 42 (6.0 pts)
    PU: 41 (7.0 pts)
    RT: 10:37 (57.3 pts)

Total: 90.3 Up 0.2 and I haven't been exercising like I should. With that in mind, maybe Air Force standards are a bit low...just maybe.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I wouldn't say they are low, they're just really skewed towards skinny distance runners.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Ok maybe not low but you're right about that. I just feel like there isn't enough focus on muscle strength. Also did everyone else drop out?
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I basically dropped out because I dropped 10% of my body weight in the last 2 months for some unknown reason. So, yeah.... kinda holding off on burning the extra calories until I figure out why I was the same weight for 14 years and then all of the sudden did a nosedive. :\
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I think they did. The requirements aren't really skewed towards those people, especially since distance running usually only starts at 3 miles. When you run there are a lot of muscle groups being worked and generally there is enough general toning going on that a runner can easily pass a military PT test.

Spend some time looking at the annual PT test requirements for the different branches in the U.S. military and just pick a random day to see if you can pass or get close to passing them. That is the real judge of of the PT test, if on any given day could you normally pass it.

Looking up the Marine annual PT test I would of thought there would be more to it. I would have to do 3 pull-ups(untimed), 50 sit-ups(2 minutes), 28 minute 3 mile to pass.......
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I'll note that the people who took up this challenge generally were the ones that don't need to get to (what I agree is) a minimum level of physical fitness, as per the AF guidelines...
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I completely bailed on this due to a few things taking over my time (specifically, buying a home. Heh). Not necessarily an excuse, but I have failed this challenge. :(