League of Legends anyone?

colacola part legend, part devil... all manBalls deep Icrontian
edited February 2015 in Gaming
So I finally caved and got this game a couple days ago, and last night I had a really fun time playing with Preach, Rex, Lynx, and Duck. Since the game is free to play, and there are at least a few IC members who play, I thought we might as well have a thread or something :D

Comments

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    No. I hear those people are jackhammers. Jackhammers make me sad :(
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    WAT U GUYS ALL PLAY NOW!?

Add me on league of Legends, i'm Nemikan.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    From what I've seen so far in my playing, the only raging that goes on is ragequiting lol, I'm ninjakingcola if you want to add me as well.
  • waba99waba99 Member
    edited July 2011
    Add me if you want to play with a real pro :). Noogal
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Zomg guys. I play this too, occasionally. Name already known there on the left. Send me Steam messages with love and I will join you.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited July 2011
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I've been thinking about LoL all day at work today because of how awesome it was last night. Can't wait to play again.

Pretty sure I'm gonna buy that pirate chick that rolled us last night.

Also - I love how Nemikan comes out of the woodwork the SECOND LoL is mentioned, haha.
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Also - I love how Nemikan comes out of the woodwork the SECOND LoL is mentioned, haha.

He is the one that hooked me originally, and I basically stopped playing TF2 after that. Bastard.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Am I correct in reading that LoL only allows 10 characters as F2P at any given time? Meaning you can't use whoever you want all the time?

That sounds awful...

Edit: After reading the wiki stuff, you can earn them by just playing, but it seems like an AWFUL lot of points to acquire a champion.
    edited July 2011
    The game is quite fun using F2P to find who you like/what type of fighter you are (mage/tank/melee dps/ranged dps), and you can purchase them with cash or use cash to buy "boosters" which increase the rate at which you earn IP. There is no limit on the number of characters, as you read. There is no "monthly" cost and you can get buy just fine without paying a single penny, but you'll want to because it will get the characters you want faster or more IP for the different runes that add to your character's specialization
    edited July 2011
    Cola, Hitman, Preacher and I got frigging rolled last night in a PVP 5v5. We thought we were in decent shape early on, but we were everything but. By the time many of the other team's champions were at max level (18), we were at 10-12...
    edited July 2011
    Oh, and the IP points will get you a champion or two pretty quickly. Hitman has only played four games thus far, (and he's lost all but one) and he has enough to buy a champion in the ~1500 IP range. You get about 200IP for each win, so it's not too difficult to have 2 or 3 champions purchased on IP alone.

Beyond that, most people never play with more than 2 or 3 champions anyways, so I wouldn't stress it too much if that's all you can afford. The game is mostly about mastering a champion's build and playstyle. Each player has their niche.
    edited July 2011
    The thing that helped me initially was throwing enough money at it to just buy boosts and figuring out what characters I liked with free play. Use leaguecraft.com or mobafire.com for community made champion guides (I usually limit it to the last few patches and good or higher ratings), which are extremely helpful with picking the "talents" ... I don't remember what they are called atm but the three columns with offense/defense/support specializations.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I guess I'm just a bit spoiled by HoN and having access to all of the heroes.
    edited July 2011
    The heroes rotate weekly. It lets you try new heroes for free, and owning heroes isn't a big deal. The heroes cost 450, 1350, 3500, 4800, and 6300. Almost all the "new" ones are 6300. It encourages people to pay money to get things, but in reality playing the free heroes keep you playing new things enough at first.
    edited July 2011
    Are you guys planning a night to play any time soon?
    edited July 2011
    We've been playing almost every night consistently after midnight.
  • waba99waba99 Member
    edited July 2011
    we should play a draft game with the the icrontic players.
    edited July 2011
    Oh man, just got off of an epic hour and ten minute slugfest. We were getting steamrolled and had more than 5 surrender votes pop up, then somehow we rallied and busted in through mid, destroying all of their stuff and taking the game.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29214&stc=1&d=1311991716
    edited July 2011
    add me, "chemriof"
    edited July 2011
    DotABeatLoL 28/12/13

holy balls.

Looks like you fared better than dlunk games last night.
    edited July 2011
    anyone wanna play I suck
    edited July 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    DotABeatLoL 28/12/13

holy balls.

Looks like you fared better than dlunk games last night.

Yeah, I have no idea how we pulled out a win, but we did somehow.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    What is this? I don't even...

"koxl"

-Digi
  • edited July 2011
    cola wrote:

Ya there both pretty strong ap nukes but i would have to say i like anivia better.
  • edited July 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Oh, and the IP points will get you a champion or two pretty quickly. Hitman has only played four games thus far, (and he's lost all but one) and he has enough to buy a champion in the ~1500 IP range. You get about 200IP for each win, so it's not too difficult to have 2 or 3 champions purchased on IP alone.

Beyond that, most people never play with more than 2 or 3 champions anyways, so I wouldn't stress it too much if that's all you can afford. The game is mostly about mastering a champion's build and playstyle. Each player has their niche.

Actualy you only get that larger amount of ip if it is your first win of the day other wise you get about 50
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited July 2011
    If you guys try HoN I'll try LoL, both are free I'm very interested in seeing which is the better game.

Edit: I have heard that each game has its own better features so I am wondering what fits better for IC as a whole.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Cola et al, both Rex and I are in. (Note: Like all video games, his skills are much better than mine.

I have most of August off, so totally up for some late night LoL.

LoL name is Preacherr. Note the double "r"!
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I/m in I love this game so does Carwolf