Expo Icrontic 2012

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Twas a moment feeling overwhelmed and unsure of how the craziness of all that is going on at work but I need the break and I really need to see you all. I miss my IC family!
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    The deed is done. Now I just need to secure transport.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Nice!

This might be a record for new attendees. Pretty exciting.

NOW @ILRIYAS, GET ON THE CONFIRMATION.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    Trying mate, got to deal with a rent who's paranoid by profession and the other who's just paranoid for the sake of being paranoid (Also completely rejects the whole concept of 'adults make their own decisions' but that's another thing.

EDIT: Just had a talk with my father about the whole thing, showed him the event article, the venue, everything. While he read the article I saw that he was loosening up, when he scrolled back up he clicked my article (He knows my screen-name after all he was my first DM) and read through that.

Just 2 minutes ago he looked at me and asked me if this was 'really something that I wanted to do' he knows that I've been hanging out with you guys, drinking, laughing, having a generally great time. I replied with yes and he said 'alright then'

My dad is 100% on board with this, he said he wants to convince my mum but regardless of her response he said that I can go.

Looks like I'm coming to EPIC.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    Awwwwwright!

Join the first-timers club!
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Fuck. Yes.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Don't worry, we're gentle ... just ask @cola.
    @Tushon I WILL eat more wasabi than Cola!
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    OH YEAH!!!
    edited May 2012

I'll accept that minus 2 points but that picture was necessary!
    Best Expo ever in the history of expos.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    @Tushon I WILL eat more wasabi than Cola!
    I believe this year it's the Ghost Pepper Pizza, but if you think you can into Wasabi better than I can I won't back down.
    OK, next issue, @LAZARUSXERO has to cancel so that was my ride. Anyone coming through the Chicago Area on Tuesday or Wednesday and heading back on Sunday? I'd share fuel costs... I'd really do not want to double my cost to get to EPIC. also looking for a roommate or a spot to crash during EPIC. Funds are... short.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    OK, next issue, @LAZARUSXERO has to cancel so that was my ride. Anyone coming through the Chicago Area on Tuesday or Wednesday and heading back on Sunday? I'd share fuel costs... I'd really do not want to double my cost to get to EPIC. also looking for a roommate or a spot to crash during EPIC. Funds are... short.
    I'm driving through that way. Perhaps we can make arrangements.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Awww :(
    Yeah... Xero's grandma had the nerve to have her 90th birthday during EPIC. Come on, she's had 89, what is so special with 90? 100 maybe but 90 is the new 80. :D

But really... he wants to come but I do not blame him one bit. Spend time with the fine 90 year old and enjoy the years with her while she is here. But it sucks... I would be VERY interested @mertesn in carpooling.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    Q message sent about a place to stay for ya
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    @QCH - its less out of the way for me by far, but I was planning on coming out the weekend prior.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    the fine 90 year old
    is she hot?
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Could we do a karaoke event at EPIC? I tried messaging Ghoosdum about it but I haven't gotten any response. From my extremely informal poll, it seemed like people would be interested.
    I could go for karaoke.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2012
    rockband
    The only problem with Karaoke is logistics of transportation to a karaoke bar.
    Could we do a karaoke event at EPIC? I tried messaging Ghoosdum about it but I haven't gotten any response. From my extremely informal poll, it seemed like people would be interested.
    YES. WANT. NEED.

@annes and I have talked about this for years. YEARS. I want to do it so bad.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    rockband
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    YES. WANT. NEED.

@annes and I have talked about this for years. YEARS. I want to do it so bad.
    so, get in a car, go to bar, and do it. doesn't need to be an official event.

Honestly, and I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I don't think Expo is the right gathering for an "official Karaoke event". Karaoke is something a bunch of people will want to do with their friends, i.e. go to the bar, have some drinks and laughs. That's perfectly fine, but during Expo people might feel like it will take them away from other things that they could be doing. Karaoke fits in more with like, ICSP, ICOK, Winterblast, Summer Shindig, Memorial Day, ICNY, etc... one of the other events where it's smaller and more intimate.

TL;DR: Going off-site to a bar for Karaoke night will not be an official Expo event, but if you want to round up your friends and go to the bar, I can recommend several.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Well that was my question, is there a spot in the schedule for it?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    What do you mean? I think he was pretty clear in that there will not be an official Expo event for "go to karaoke bar" but there is time where people who will not be playing in video game tourney's could do so.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Well that was my question, is there a spot in the schedule for it?
    No.