[IC] EVE Player Names

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    If you're interested in moving to null sec (and you should be!), get through the tutorials and I can sponsor you into Dreddit :D

High sec is boring
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I don't know what that means. I'm done the basic tutorial but I'm stuck on mining because I need to boost my industry/find more asteroids the few sectors I've checked have been mined clean.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Ugh...I need to get back to this game. Over the next couple of days I should be more active. @Tushon, I may head to null sec over that time and I may ask for a sponsor :D
    edited June 2013
    Ilriyas said:

I don't know what that means. I'm done the basic tutorial but I'm stuck on mining because I need to boost my industry/find more asteroids the few sectors I've checked have been mined clean.

I gave you a better idea in the other thread, but the big difference between high, low and null is:
    High: no shooting unless you are in a war with that corp/alliance, lower returns on mining, PI, missions/rats, etc, lower risk for getting killed in general
    Low: any ships can be shot, higher returns for mining, PI, missions/rats, obviously higher risk for being killed
    Null: anyone can be shot and podded, highest returns for PI/missions/rats, can be shot at anytime (which also means you get to shoot at any time).

One of the awesome things about being in Dreddit/TEST is that, due to our size, there is a lot of content to be had and a lot of ways in which to get that content. People do all sorts of industry, shooting rats, shooting enemies, neutrals or blues (friendlies :D ... it is a time honored tradition to kill your own in TEST). Pretty much anything you can do in high sec can be done in null, just with more fun around.
    JBoogaloo said:

Ugh...I need to get back to this game. Over the next couple of days I should be more active. @Tushon, I may head to null sec over that time and I may ask for a sponsor :D

The easiest way to do this would be to follow the directions on the wiki and, if you have an active Reddit account, try applying on your own so I can save my recommendation for someone who doesn't. Let me know if you do need it though and I'll do my part. You can sell off whatever assets you have in high sec and just pod jump over (can explain that later) to make it super easy, then I'll give you some free ships from our test_free program when you get here.
    Sounds good, dude! I'll see what I can do in the coming days. Thanks! :D
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    ITS A TRAP
    Harudath said:

ITS A TRAP

Like vag and marriage, I'm all in!
    LazarusXero
    As long as you're braced for a highly concentrated dose of internet culture, TEST will be good to you :p
    Harudath said:

As long as you're braced for a highly concentrated dose of internet culture, TEST will be good to you :p

Who isn't?!

If you find you don't like TEST culture, I'll certainly aim you at various other corps as your interests are clear.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Wish I could go back to playing this game.
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    Red Naskingar - Not sure about my profession yet
    Right now I've got a Mammoth, Venture, and a couple of Reapers(I think).

I've only played for a few months. I spent most of my time mining in mid-high sec, trying to make enough ISK for a ship that can survive in low-null sec.

Can mining alone be lucrative, or should I try to do something else?
    Mining is the lowest ISK/hr in the game, but you have to define lucrative yourself. Training up for and running missions is better ISK/hr than mining, and there are other things that are less intensive than mining in terms of involvement like PI which are also relatively low skill.
    edited June 2013

Wish I could go back to playing this game.

Why can't you?
    Guppy said:

Red Naskingar - Not sure about my profession yet
    Right now I've got a Mammoth, Venture, and a couple of Reapers(I think).

I've only played for a few months. I spent most of my time mining in mid-high sec, trying to make enough ISK for a ship that can survive in low-null sec.

Can mining alone be lucrative, or should I try to do something else?

Mining is only lucrative when the minerals are fed into other projects, rather than sold directly to the market. That being said, you can make some serious isk if you have enough people mining.
    Harudath said:

Why can't you?

This whole no job thing would be the only thing that is stopping me.

Ah, that's fair. All the same, hope we'll see you in game soon enough

Harudath said:

Why can't you?

Wouldn't that provide you with the most amount of available play time? J/K...good luck on the job hunt and hopefully something comes through for ya soon!
    If I was able to pay the monthly payments to CCP I would be on all the time mining and probably questing.
    What are your ship/gun/laser skills like? You can make more money in null sec via ratting than mining in high sec, plus missions are available if that's your thing. I could spot you a PLEX (to play for a month) and you'd easily be able to pay for the sub entirely in-game if you played regularly. I can make a minimum of 60, but probably closer to 80-90 million ISK/hour between ratting and salvaging my wrecks, and the PLEX is ~550 mil, so you'd spend 6-10 hours max and your subscription is paid for.
    God, I haven't logged into EVE in such a long time.

I know my character is a E-Warfare pilot that had a Scorp. Using a Thorax as my mining ship and using a Bestower as my hauler.
    Ah, ewar is crazy useful in fleets and making nerds rage, but not so useful for making money purposes. Thorax is a killing machine not a rock miner! :D
    Never let anyone outside this forum know you used a Thorax to mine :p
    sharkydart
    I now it is. But it is the only cruiser I have to mine lmao!
    If you join dreddit, we'll give you free ships and skill books :D
    I need to reactivate my account first LMAO
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    I ran out of ammunition doing the capsuleer quests and thought that buying 4 units of ammo equated to 4 stacks (For the price I thought that would be the case)

So I ended up going all the way back to the target location just to learn I only had the 4 rounds to kill Wolf or whatever.

Edit: I'm stupid I misread the pricing in my rush to get back. 600 rounds was like $3000 ISK
    Ilriyas said:

I ran out of ammunition doing the capsuleer quests and thought that buying 4 units of ammo equated to 4 stacks (For the price I thought that would be the case)

So I ended up going all the way back to the target location just to learn I only had the 4 rounds to kill Wolf or whatever.

Edit: I'm stupid I misread the pricing in my rush to get back. 600 rounds was like $3000 ISK

Hehe, gotta read carefully. Sent you a bit of ISK. Make sure your market is set to regional (top left) and sort by price. A lot of people will over-price stuff in mission hubs in order to get people for convenience or not knowing better.
    SO MANY GOOD FIGHTS are happening now and in the near future for TEST. That is all.
  • @pirateninja

wantsicrontic toplaycivfiveinstead
    edited June 2013
    For cereal?
  • thuper not thereal <3