Mann vs Machine Match Planning

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I'll play 10:30 game if there is still room.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    1. Prime
    2. Digi
    3. Midga
    4. Ilriyas
    5. CB
    6. PN

In about 10 minutes

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I have a 6th for us
    But there is already 6 cola! New Page!

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Actually scratch that, neither of us can go :(
  • Room for 1 more?
    edited September 2012
    Sorry about that Signal. We got quadwhore and then when he dropped PN stepped in. Will throw you notification next time.

Anyone else that wants to know when we are putting together groups, let me know (and make sure we are Steam friends) and I'll throw you a heads up on Steam when we are.

-Digi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Anybody want to try manning up tonight? So far, it's me and Rah
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I'll play if you get started soon.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    I GOT MY FIRST BOTKILLER!
    ...on my worst class.

Oh I want to get Away I wanna to Fly away YEAH YEAH YEAH
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Emergency MvM tonight! GOGOGO!
    Amazing. We ended up with Gate28, Cannonfodder, Reagan Era Foreign Policy, and myself... After giving up on finding any other friends, we rolled the dice and went with pubs. We won the roll, big time. Had a really amazing medic AND really good scout join up. In wave 5, our scout crashed out and we got SUPER lucky and landed ANOTHER truly excellent scout. Seriously, the second scout was the best I've ever seen in MvM. His buildout was incredible, because he was soloing most of the waves. I was watching him pistol the tank and taking 1/16th of the tank health with every shot, and his bullet resist must have been maxed out. It was insane.

Complete my second tour, got my botkiller. Unfortunately, it's a weapon I already had. Traded it to Cannonfodder for a Fall Crate which had a pyro backpack in it. Good enough for me.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Thanks for the strange bot killer mini gun, Brian.

I love this game mode. Work together, have fun, shoot things.

I want to point out that REFP did Ann amazing job as pyro, and that @gate28 kept up his sentries well, couldn't even tell it was his first time as engy!

Thanks all for the match!
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    Sorry I missed it. Any chance for something tonight?!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I can go a round before Borderlands launches.
    I'm in
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    Anybody up for some MvM tonight? Preferably starting before 10:30 PM EST?!
    POW! YOU ARE DEAD HAHA!

First time as The Great Canadian Lumberjack Heavy will definitely play the role again, Admittedly I was a little scared when I noticed our teams lack of a medic but we got over that hurdle, well more like crushed that hurdle into the dust and kicked it for good measure. That was one of the best MvM games I've ever seen the speed at which we cleared waves and the INCREDIBLY minimal number of wave restarts that were required blows my mind.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, for not having a medic, that was the best game of Disk Deletion I've ever seen. We plowed through it. I'm starting to get the hang of the spy and appropriate builds for my play style. A few more rounds and I think I'll be good at it.
    edited September 2012
    It's that time again. I'm at 5/6 maps on my 3rd tour. I want to go full Surplus to finish this off.

When? Tomorrow 09/19/12 at 8pm Pascific / 11pm Pacific.

*Full*

So if you have a tour ticket and a surplus voucher and want to get in on this action, please post here with what class you want to play.

1. Digi (Engi)
    2. midga (Medic)
    3. Basil (Soldier)
    4. Ilriyas (Heavy)
    5. Primesuspect (Spy)
    6. CB (Pyro)

Here's hoping for some Gold or at least a Botkiller Wrench! (Will also be happy with the Sticky as that is the other that I do not have yet)

-Digi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    What map? Also, medic.

Yeah, for not having a medic, that was the best game of Disk Deletion I've ever seen. We plowed through it. I'm starting to get the hang of the spy and appropriate builds for my play style. A few more rounds and I think I'll be good at it.

Y'all seem to do pretty well without a medic. Maybe I'm actually just wasting space D: Good thing I decided to go to bed test controller play in BL2 instead of joining you.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    I'll be there, connection permitting.
    Soldier prolly.
    midga
    I thought about that Midga and I don't think Medics are a waste. It all comes down to DPS. With a kritz and sharing crit canteens I believe they add enough DPS to be warranted. With the ability to have invuln canteens I do not see a place for Uber in MvM. A skilled set of players have the ability to stay alive on their own. I think we have proven many times that we can win with a medic and without, but I can say the same for every other class minus Engi and Heavy.

Maybe after this tour we can start playing with the system and try one without Engi or Heavy or maybe all Heavy Medic combos, ect.

See you guys tonight,

-Digi
    midga
    Hrm that leaves an hour for Tribes night but you know what I'm in.

Great Canadian Lumberjack ready to roll!
    midga
    I'm starting to become convinced that there's no "required" class. I think the game's balance shines through in this mode, and any set of skilled players can beat a mission, regardless of class makeup.
    midga

I'm starting to become convinced that there's no "required" class. I think the game's balance shines through in this mode, and any set of skilled players can beat a mission, regardless of class makeup.

I don't know if I'd agree with "regardless of class makeup," but within reason, yeah. I don't think a homogeneous team would do well if it weren't all a high-dps class, for instance.

I know I'm not useless ;) I also know that my uber canteens and QuickFix ubers have kept y'all alive to take on the next batch or get up in a giant punk's face enough times that I wouldn't discount the usefulness of a non-crit buff. @BobbyDigi you mention a medic having crit canteens and a kritz, but I'd very strongly disagree; it's very hard for me to stay alive without uber canteens, and if I'm going to carry those, I might as well carry a medigun or quick-fix and let the DPSers carry the crits. If I can quickly travel back and forth to the spawn during tank rounds, it makes sense for me to pick up critteens for dpsing those down (especially since I can pop it, and then bring out my gun and effectively double the fun), but as soon as those giants drop I gotta have those ubers again or I'm toast, which eliminates that benefit you get from having a medic. I do see what you're saying about the DPSers being able to keep themselves alive, but if I can't stay alive long enough to give y'all those crits, I don't see much utility. I guess I could sit by the dispenser and just charge up (basically be a crit dispenser) but that's boring and I don't play that way.

I'm pretty convinced the quick-fix is the way to go for the way I play.
    Judging by the way I've seen how well we've done with you as a medic, I agree.
    midga
    I don't disagree that it can be done with any of the medi guns per a players play style. Just as any Mini Gun can be useful, the Brass Beast has the advantage of more damage.

What I am saying is Kritz is most useful in the conclution that I have come to, that most of the success in MvM comes from dealing as much damage as possible as quick as possible. In every Mann Up scenario, if you are able to take out the giants before they get past the front ally, you win. Demo or Spy can take out the medics. Heavy, Pyro, Engi and Soldier can then take down the giants. While the Quick-Fix will allow the High DPSers to play differently (more sloppy as it may be) but it does not help any of them deal any more damage than normal nor does it help do it faster.

-Digi
    BobbyDigi said:

midga said:

I do see what you're saying about the DPSers being able to keep themselves alive, but if I can't stay alive long enough to give y'all those crits, I don't see much utility. I guess I could sit by the dispenser and just charge up (basically be a crit dispenser) but that's boring and I don't play that way.

I'm pretty convinced the quick-fix is the way to go for the way I play.

I don't disagree that it can be done with any of the medi guns per a players play style. Just as any Mini Gun can be useful, the Brass Beast has the advantage of more damage.

What I am saying is Kritz is most useful in the conclution that I have come to, that most of the success in MvM comes from dealing as much damage as possible as quick as possible. In every Mann Up scenario, if you are able to take out the giants before they get past the front ally, you win. Demo or Spy can take out the medics. Heavy, Pyro, Engi and Soldier can then take down the giants. While the Quick-Fix will allow the High DPSers to play differently (more sloppy as it may be) but it does not help any of them deal any more damage than normal nor does it help do it faster.

-Digi
    I'd say sloppy is right, but I'd also say it allows one to play more aggressively. If a pyro can get closer, they can deal significantly more damage. Typically true of a heavy as well. Also, and often a bigger problem, scouts are the only class that can survive simply by picking up money. With a dedicated money scout I think I'd be more inclined to give pure-crits a shot, but with the need to occasionally dive into piles of mobs to pick stuff up before it disappears, that'd be about the only way. Of course, you could also chalk that up to sloppy play as well; letting money drop where you can't get to it easily and quickly enough is definitely a problem.

I guess it comes down to who I'm playing with, what they're playing as, what map and sequence it is, whether I've got a beer or whiskey, and whatever else makes a difference. Speaking of, again, what map/sequence are we playing tonight?
    The 2nd Decoy... not "The hard one" (which as we proved last night turns out not to be so hard when played after the first week)

-Digi