Let's be friends and rob banks together. Payday 2 Discussion.

Comments

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    Can we say for a sec just how amazing the soundtrack for this game is?

Simon Viklund did amazing soundtracks for -both- games in the series.

They've actually got albums for both games on Bandcamp, too.

EDIT: I JUST FOUND THIS.

Apparently there was a Web Series that was being made for Payday 2 that was entirely live-action. All of the live-action video clips you see in Payday 2? They're taken from these videos.
    (I do wish the acting was better, though.)

I also have a small feeling this "Greta" is the female member they're working on right now...especially since Episode 5 was posted September 3rd.
    BobbyDigiJokke
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Yea, the in-game news always shows the most recent episode. I hadn't checked them out yet. Thanks for gathering them all together.

-Digi
    JBoogaloo
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Dear Icrontians -

I picked this up and want to have fun with all of you! However, the time difference is going to murder us. So, assuming I'm willing to stay up stupid late, do you think we could have some funs together on Friday or Saturday? I'm +6 hours on Eastern, +9 on the West Coast. What time do you guys normally play?

Also, how do you level here? Do you just run stuff with AI, having shootouts constantly, until you get enough XP, or do you tag along on open runs with people that are way overleveled compared to you? Am I being a jerk going into public games at level 5?
    primesuspectBobbyDigi
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    @Snarkasm,

It's cool. The times I've run with a few IC guys (@_K_, @Tushon and @Sonorous...usually) have been about 10-11pm EST. We'll usually run for a couple of hours or so. You probably wouldn't be staying up stupid late, just getting up stupid early, lol! I'd totally be in for a couple runs with ya this weekend if I can coordinate properly with anything my wife has going on.

As far as running with others, nah, you're fine jumping into public groups. You'll just level up as missions are completed (most people just go for the smash and grab types anyhow, lol). Honestly, it doesn't really matter what your level is, unless you have a group looking for specific skills and are trying to stealth a level with perfection. Even with that you could still provide some support.

In short, no, you won't be a dickbag for jumping in public groups at a low level :)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Most of the guys are getting on around 8-9pm central and usually hang around until midnight our time. Saturday I would think would be a better time for you because then we can get on early in the day and still catch you at a reasonable hour.

You level by completing or failing jobs/heist. Some of the them are multiple days and others are just a single. Multi-day heist give you a small amount of XP a day and zero money until completing the final day where you receive your main stay of XP and all of the cash that you have earned, plus your card drops. Do you need cards explained?

Dropping into a public game at 5 isn't a fault on you, if they did not want you there they would have set a level limit on their public game. If you want to learn a few things and play around four stores is always a good one because the map is small and provides some variety and different items to interact with(different safes, cameras, security guards, cash registers, ATMs, picking doors). Or you can just shoot it out while your safe drills run. The other thing you need to figure out is if you want to only missions you have a chance of finishing at your level or tag along with higher level players and get power leveled.
    I would be happy to stay up late / get up early to play with you Snark. No can do this weekend as I will be out of town but mayhaps the following weekend.

Ukrainian Job and four stores is where I did most of my leveling. Four Stores with the trick I posted above you can solo an Overkill for 5-6K XP in a couple minutes. Hop into some pub Ukrainian jobs and if you get someone with C4 that knows what they are doing.... They blast through the window, shoot the guard if needed and head straight to the safes. You just grab all the jewelry you can in the 10 seconds or so and as soon as the escape available objective comes up (the found the tiara), book it for the van. A lot of times you can find groups farming cards doing this. At low levels you may get 1-2 points per run. Plus you will gain cards building your gun inventory, money and if you get lucky, even more XP.

You may get kicked from some pugs but that's just because some pubs are ass holes. Pick up another round and keep robbin!

-Digi
    Power leveling would be nice! I've mostly been running jewelry store missions; yesterday I ran through a mall smashfest with a random group.

I understand cards as basically just a roulette where you get something, but since cards can be doubled up, there's pretty much just... randomness to it, unless I'm missing something.

How do you find where a safe is? The 6-bag version of jewelry store, for example, says find the safe in the back room - but I never have. Is it highlighted if it exists like ammo/heist bags are? What's the difference between white dots and yellow dots on the difficulty scale for the mission? I should probably just hop in mumble with you guys some day.

I'm going up the ghost tree at the moment so I can try and outrun bullets, because I nevereverever pull something off without cops yet. I'm usually busy up to anywhere between midnight and 2am my time, but that's 7pm central, so maybe we can work something out for a couple hours.
    edited September 2013
    Snarkasm said:

How do you find where a safe is? The 6-bag version of jewelry store, for example, says find the safe in the back room - but I never have. Is it highlighted if it exists like ammo/heist bags are?

No. I can't say I have seen a Jewelry store without a safe in one of the back rooms. They are usually not necessary though, there is usually the needed amount of jewelry bags in the store itself.

Entering the store through the front door, the room on the right, the safe is in the corner through the door to the right. The left room is... also through that door to the right but in my experience this is the one that is not always there.
    What's the difference between white dots and yellow dots on the difficulty scale for the mission? I should probably just hop in mumble with you guys some day.
    White dots are pay scale, the more the better payday. The yellow dots indicate difficulty. 1, 2, 3 = Hard, Very Hard, Overkill.

-Digi

Snarkasm
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    I think best way to lvl quick is Rats speed runs. Depending on how many escapes you get you can do a run in 5 minutes and i think you get around 200k xp on overkill.
    I just ran a few things and went from 5 to 32 or something in an hour or two... and now I don't have the cash to buy all my good skills. :P Or are you supposed to spread across all of the trees?
    The general rule of thumb is to at least unlock the first skill of each tree so you have the equipment if needed. Most people stick to a certain tree so they can eventually get to the high level skills. I personally run Enforcer but have put 10 or so points into Ghost so I can run faster.

If you have run out of money then you need to do some higher pay heists to fund your skill tree.

-Digi
    Yeah, I just have something like 17 points, but not enough cash to get the next tier :P I'm left tree ghost right now.
    Holy shit...I haven't been on in about 2 weeks...Nice! It really depends on what you want to do. I'd say look at the trees thoroughly and decide what is a better game fit for you and go from there. You can certainly spread your talent (tee hee) across all trees if you'd like and I'd recommend at least one point in the heavy (can't remember the name) tree and one in Mastermind (I believe) so you can drop ammo and health bags if your crew requests them. From there, it really is just a build what you like and go type deal (at least that's how I've gone about it and it's served me well). The only drawback to that approach is that if you spread too much (tee hee) it will take a lot longer to get to higher tiers in the trees if you decide you want to go down a specific path. You can always respec, but that shit gets expensive, too. Hope this helps a bit, see ya in game! :)
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I recently respecced to technician, felt I'd be more useful since I dont host as MM anymore. It's fun and I love having my revolver out all the time but I feel like I miss outrunning bullets, using broken down SMGs and actually hitting things etc
    edited September 2013
    @Snarkasm - Look up BHHammy on steam and add me, man. I'd be MORE than happy to run with you just about anytime I'm not working. Still in the process of learning/working my way up, myself.

In fact, I'm actually off from work today, so I'm wide-open.

EDIT: Or I could just look on your Icrontic profile and add you on STEAM myself. Derp.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    Funds cleared. I'll be downloading it very shortly. Lets rob banks together!
    BHHammy said:

so I'm wide-open.

Just how wide are we talking?

edited September 2013
    Globetrotter XL wide

Tool for big oil
    JBoogaloo
    @_k_ and I did a few quick "4 stores" runs last night and a botched bank robbery. Pretty awesome stuff! Here are some of my guns for your enjoyment :)

JBoogaloo
    So anybody down for some late-night (my time) stuff today or tomorrow? I have something at least from 8-11 (5pm Eastern), but I can keep myself up past that for some sweet, sweet IC robbery.
    JBoogaloo
    I'm down. Send me a message on steam
    I may be down for some tonight (early morning your time), but tomorrow is questionable. Got a cook-out thing with the family goin on. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get on.
    edited September 2013
    @Snarkasm - I'm tied-up tonight. Got some sirloin chili to be ate with my wife and lots of booze and MST3000 to be consumed (SPACE MUTINY!).

Tomorrow is open though. I might actually be available early in the day if that works better for you.

@MrTRiot - A fully-upgraded AUG is honestly the best non-stealth rifle, IMO. It is just the -best-.
    I'll be hoping on to rob some banks/stores/gangtas/politicians tonight around 7:30pm Pacific. Hit me up on here or on Steam if you want to run with me.

-Digi
    edited October 2013
    New mask coming soon:

Source: Overkills Facebook

-Digi
    Less mask and more heist.
    MAGICBobbyDigi
    Anyone played the new update?
    edited October 2013
    I did last night. Played some Rats and a Firestarter on Proverkill (Pro Overkill).

Overkill has reached the level of its namesake. Shield after Shield after Bulldozer after Bulldozer after Tazer... ect. Constant waves of specials. It is pretty much designed to punish you to failure as soon as an alarm is tripped.

I ended up in a group of L70+ guys with a Level 100 hosting and we did Rats speed run 5-6 times. Blow the lab, try to find the Intel asap (Failed here once due to the cops showing and us not being able to get back to the van), Get all the money from the bus if we have the code, 1 bag each at the same time if we didn't.

We then ran a flawless Firestarter. All 8 bags of weps. Had a little trouble at the FBI but were able to get the Server and even a bag of each Coke and Gold. Then we completely stealthed the bank. Picked all the deposit boxes.

I went from 61 to 66 in a couple hours. So. Much. EXP. I immediately added these guys on Steam because we worked amazingly well together.

Good times.

-Digi
    _k
    Yeah, nice exp boost.