Let's be friends and rob banks together. Payday 2 Discussion.

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Episode 6:

-Digi
    BHHammy
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I need to run with some IC peeps tonight, cash flow is so poor that I can't even afford to get shaped charges.
    _k
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    I can't play any this weekend but I should be around more next week. Work is finally starting to slow down. I'm terrible about setting Steam to away, so just message me and if I am on I'll rob some people.
    Didn't make it on tonight as I hoped. Feeling bad so hittin the sack early.

How did the robbin go?

-Digi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Kicks for all! One thing I hate trying to play with pubs: join a game shoot a few people get kicked, join a heist almost done get kicked, join a lobby get kicked. XP is nice but I feel it is super inflated, 200k will get you a full level until you are pretty high lvl. Squads of shields.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    I had to cut out early. I got drunk in anticipation of bank-robbin', only for major server-joining issues, sound glitching, and voice chat problems to kill my enthusiasm pretty quickly.

Overkill makes a good game, but damn they really need to kill some of these bugs, bad.
    I can't say I noticed it as a bug... but a quick hotfix was released
    Hey everyone,

We just published a quick hotfix, 3.4 mb in size.

- Fixed an issue where Shields would spawn in oversized groups

Thanks for the feedback!

Almir
    OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio
    -Digi
    I am in a bit of shock right now. I just solo stealthed Framing Frame Pro Overkill. 9 paintings, no alarms, no cops on day 2, all the gold on day 3. In total, took just under an hour.

17 bags; 9 cash, 8 gold.

Even got a new mask out of it.

Now it is 4:30 in the morning and I don't even know if I can get to sleep. That. was. amazing.

-Digi
    _kSonorousBHHammy
    I am having a blast with this game!

I received my first infamous item today, Golden Mask Material.

Perfect. Used it along with my mask from last night (first solo stealth FF above) to make an homage to #Hats:

Put it on and ran through it again. Perfect 9 paintings again!

-Digi
    _k
    Bobby you are making me feel like I am slacking, so far behind you.
    JBoogaloo
  • _k_ said:

Bobby you are making me feel like I am slacking, so far behind you.

Same here... except I am actually slacking.
    _kJBoogaloo
    edited October 2013
    Don't feel behind or slacky, Just come rob people with me :-) I will be happy to show you all the of the intricacies and details of the levels I know. I've got Four Stores, Jewelry Store, and Framing Frame down. Rats too but by nature impossible to stealth. Great for farming EXP though.

My next goal is solo stealth a bank. That will then set me up to solo Firestarter. Then I'll be confident enough to Diamond Store. I really just comes down to knowing the game. It is easy to shoot a guard and figure out you need to answer the pager, the devil is in the details like knowing how to tell if there are 5 or 6 guards on a level and that changing the order of things once you know. Doing certain levels are possible without certain perks (namely smooth talker and dominator) but 100x easier with.

I am REALLY happy with my build. I'll be happy to share it if anyone is interested. As a 90 I believe I have 12 points left, 8 of them will go towards my ECMs delaying pagers. Then I'll unlock Technician to get mines and the last 3 probably the 3 1st level technician unlocks. The one thing I lack is the ability to open safes quickly (picking or C4) so Ukrainian Job I have to find a group running if I feel like farming cards.

-Digi
    _k
    I tried to rob with you last night but you wouldn't reply..... :(
    _k_ said:

I tried to rob with you last night but you wouldn't reply..... :(

Sorry about that :-/ I saw your message too late. Not sure if I was concentrating on not setting off an alarm or if it was when I had stepped afk for dinner. Maybe tonight? I'll be on a bit later (8ish PST) or tomorrow 6ish PST.

Any thoughts on what you would like to do? Need money, experience, or cards?

-Digi
    I always need experience. I have been living la vida Firestarter lately. Need to stealth the FBI office eventually. Thinking of respecing back to enforc/tech. Ironman + 50% more armor, the temptation!

Rats has gotten really boring except for that 290k xp in Pro-OK.
    Change of plans. Off to a buddies house so probably no robbin tonight.

Maybe this weekend. :-)

-Digi
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    I'm down for some weekend heisting. When?

And Framing frames solo is awesome, except when you get to the end and the vault is in a bad spot so you cant finish :/
    MAGIC said:

I'm down for some weekend heisting. When?

And Framing frames solo is awesome, except when you get to the end and the vault is in a bad spot so you cant finish :/

Saturday night I should be free. I'll post when I have more definite times.

What do you mean bad spot? I've had it in the bedroom and all the way down stairs in off of the main living room and in both of these locations it was possible to turn the lasers off, bolt into the vault, grab a bag and make it out before they turned back on, repeat 8 times for glory.

I know there is one other place in the house I've seen the vault, but haven't had the chance to try to solo it yet.

The first time I made it that far I didn't expect to so I did some experimenting. Hit the lasers and then sprint to the vault but not go in. Counted the seconds from the time I got there until the lasers came on. Had about 3-4 seconds. I figured that was enough time so I went for it. Has worked out every time.

I believe I have a perk that makes me sprint fast, that may be the limiting factor also.

-Digi
    Everyone! Make sure to join the Payday 2 Steam Group if you are not already. Starting tomorrow as part of the Payday 2's second birthday, you will be able to equip the new "Mark" mask I posted a couple weeks back. Pretty sick mask.

@_k_ @MAGIC @Sonorous @Ilriyas @ardichoke @JBoogaloo @BHHammy @Tushon @Snarkasm @MrTRiot

-Digi
    Sonorous_kSnarkasmMrTRiot
    PAYDAY ALL WEEKEND!

You can use offshore money to buy items. 33% more XP. 20% off Payday 2. Halloween is coming for PD2!
    [–]phoenixlrd 9 points 2 hours ago
    Oh dear god I just spent $100 million on crackled stone, compact mod for mp5 and the troll
    [–]cowbeef01 6 points 2 hours ago
    I spend $500 million on crackled stone, kenneth, galaca, kawaii, the masked something something (infamous don't know the name)... yeah
    permalinkparent
    [–]sonofaclone 2 points 15 minutes ago
    I just spent 100 million for a skeletal stock. yay!
    permalinkparent
    I gambled away most of my offshore this AM. I got some masks though. No infamous.

-Digi
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    Just purchased the game. May I join in this evening's festivities?
    BobbyDigi_k
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian

Payday 2 Free DLC #2 - Computer Store

Holy shit, this job looks pretty intense.
    Everyone today, last day for XP buff on heist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lOoOP2l_ahQ#t=5

Useful on rare occasion.

-Digi

_kMAGIC
    Halloween Special: Hell To Pay

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/halloween/

-Digi
    JBoogaloo_k
    Day 2 is up!

4 new mask. You randomly get one when you log in between the 31st and the 4th. All Halloween mask drop from cards and mask drop is increased during this period, you must collect the mask during the event or you will not have them.

6 new mask patterns. Only drop during the event, same as the mask.
    I will be grinding tonight for cards and baby mask. Rally time.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I may be on...gotta get mes homework done, but I need some mad xp and items!
    _k