The Steam Universe is Expanding in 2014

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Oh holy crap I see it now!

Half-Left Three Dead confirmed.
  • Canti said:

Not by any stretch of my imagination.

NO CANTI STAHP

That star is clearly experiencing a massive amount of radioactive decay in it's core and is about .0000000001ms away from supernova.
    What would cause so much radioactive decay? Well surely the great scientist Canti knows that LAMBDA shrinks when exposed to the neutrons in a huge nuclear reactor just before collapsing on itself!
    And why else would Valve choose a star?
    And what else would complete the excitement, a grand finale, of a new OS/hardware launch than a brand new SDK and a KILLER APP?

the first O is the operating system
    the [] are the hardware that contains it
    the [] also contain the SDK that will drive development for the new OS and free us of DirectX
    The SDK is the second O

THAT SDK IS SOURCE 2
    and
    THAT KILLER APP IS HALF LIFE 3

"I don't believe you, dog dog dog"

Oh?

Well how do you explain this Canti?!

What do you see? Lambda? Do you see it now?
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Canti said:

Not by any stretch of my imagination.

Sorry, this was the one I was referring to:
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Still no.
  • Okay, one and two down, all stuff we pretty much anticipated. Beta program pretty cool, get's everyone to at least boot into big picture mode for a chance to live the dream.

So.... Is there any chance in hell the 3rd announcement will have something to do with the Freeman?
    Canti
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    Gave Best Buy some money last night just to pick up a PC game controller, fired up Big Picture mode. Holy crap, it's a lot nicer than it was last time I tried it (which was, admittedly, back when it was in beta). Also, playing Rogue Legacy with a controller is much better than playing it with the keyboard. That game is addictive and fun and really hard. Also, now I'm eligible for a beta machine... the odds of getting one are going to be minute but at least I'm in the mix :D
    ardichoke said:

Also, now I'm eligible for a beta machine... the odds of getting one are going to be minute but at least I'm in the mix :D

We are among a pool of (as of this post) 100,409 people. That's about a 0.298% chance of getting one.

Hey, it's better odds than the lottery.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Does anyone know if a wireless Xbox controller with an official USB adaptor will count as the required "Game controller"?

-Digi
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    mertesn said:

Hey, it's better odds than the lottery.

As the reigning champion of long odds, I like those odds. :crazy:
    JBoogaloo
  • BobbyDigi said:

Does anyone know if a wireless Xbox controller with an official USB adaptor will count as the required "Game controller"?

-Digi

AFAIK: It SHOULD... but I haven't tested it myself. That said, for anyone looking for a Steam compatible game controller, the one I picked up for $25 from Best Buy was the Logitech F310 Gamepad. I give it the thumbs up.
    BobbyDigi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    @BobbyDigi Yes it does. That is what I use for my controller on my PC. If you have a 36 wired USB controller it autoinstalls and works correctly, greatest thing about the 36 controllers is how well they work in windows!
    BobbyDigi
    BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

That's how I did it.
    BobbyDigi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    mertesn said:

BobbyDigi said:

-Digi

That's how I did it.
    Me also.
    BobbyDigi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    If somebody wants to pick up a controller, I can heartily recommend the Razer Onza Tournament Edition. The best controller I've ever owned, hands down.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Amazon reviews are not so positive. :/

I have the official Xbox for Windows one, it's fantastic.
    Basil
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    didn't read the reviews. I just own one and it's awesome
  • You can pick up used wired 360 controllers for about $30 at your local game shops, they are plug and play on the PC, and so many titles are mapped well to them.

That Razer controller looks very nice, but I'm not sure it's $100 nice.
    JBoogaloo
  • Just saying, less expensive than a used 360 controller... likely available in your local Best Buy AND it can be switched between Xinput and Direct Input mode, in case you have something that doesn't support Xinput: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gaming-pad/1260591.p?id=1218243758834&skuId=1260591&st=Logitech F310&cp=1&lp=1
  • Tomorrow's announcement will most likely be a new input device.
    midga
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Tomorrow's announcement will most likely be a new input device.

That's it! An input device that saves your Steam account info so no matter what SteamOS you connect to, it runs on your stats and achievements! That would be cool.

-Digi
    JBoogaloo_kmidga
  • Considering that the entire announcement page is part of the /livingroom subdirectory, it seems safe to assume that tomorrow's announcement will revolve around that experience. It's likely that the only '3' in the announcement will be due to the fact that it's the 3rd announcement related to SteamOS. An input device would definitely fit within that paradigm, especially considering that the qualification criteria for beta candidacy includes playing Big Picture mode with a game pad.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    GHoosdum said:

Considering that the entire announcement page is part of the /livingroom subdirectory, it seems safe to assume that tomorrow's announcement will revolve around that experience. It's likely that the only '3' in the announcement will be due to the fact that it's the 3rd announcement related to SteamOS. An input device would definitely fit within that paradigm, especially considering that the qualification criteria for beta candidacy includes playing Big Picture mode with a game pad.

get your logic out of here! :p

long live the gabecube!
    JBoogalooGHoosdummidgaRahnalH102
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Yeah, I can almost guarantee tomorrow's big announcement is input related, especially based on the quote from the FAQ that @_k_ posted earlier. There's no way it's a game or game engine related announcement.
  • Yeah it's the 4th announcement that nobody is expecting which will be source2.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    It's got to be an input device, they filed a patent for just that a year or so ago - one with interchangeable input devices of analog/trackball/dpad/etc.

Also there is no 3rd announcement cause they can't count that high olololol
    PirateNinjaGHoosdummidga
    midgaPirateNinjaUPSLynxRahnalH102
  • Yup. Steam Controller. What's more, the Steam Controller will work with games that don't support controllers but emulating a keyboard. Predictable, but kind of cool nonetheless.
    edited September 2013
    Steam Controller

......wait is this wired only?