Guns of Icarus Online

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Oh, well then. @trooster89 I would gladly trade electronic representations of US currency for said digital product.
    _k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Alright blokes. I am in but I will be buying my own 4-pack because I am an elitist. Thus I have two extra copies.
    ZealocktheGreat
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    If there is a freebie floating around, I'd go for it. I don't want to commit more $$ to games i'll play infrequently, but for free! Just think of all the room we have for activities.
    _k
  • ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian
    So how about BOTH Sunday and Monday at 7:30 how does that sound for everyone?
    _ktrooster89
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    He means 7:30 MTN time btw. I don't know if organized times really work for IC other then TF2 (at least that was what I was told before) but I'm down most evenings.
    _ktrooster89
    How about in 30 minutes so I can start to get my air legs?
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    @_k_ but you ain't got no air legs lieutenant Dan.
    ZealocktheGreatErrorNullTurnip_k
    edited October 2013
    I have commandeered @marshmellow's interest so I gave him a quick run of the ship tonight.
    _k
    Sorry @_k_ some days your the SkyCaptain and some days your the dirty peasant...this was a dirty peasant night.
    _k
    edited October 2013
    This is going to be interesting. Read the achievements so you know how to play for the next few games so you can level a certain category. We need 4 man IC crews it seems to be more effective and SCREW YOU FIRE!

Just feels like bring wrench need to put out fires.
    ZealocktheGreattrooster89
    Just got back from a session with @RahnalH102 and @_k_ and I have to say despite losing every match it was fun.
    _k
    Much of the game feels like living on the edge. "I almost had you but you repaired the hull 2 seconds to early, I HATE YOU!" So much is in the gunners knowing which way the ship is going to swing in relation to the enemies and what guns to target for destruction so you can rip apart their hull and balloon.
    Does it bother anyone else that the vast majority of players use left to and right for directions on the ship rather than port and starboard?
    RahnalH102_k
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I did actually think about using those but I forgot which is what at the time.
    _k
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    At first I forced myself to use port starboard (left right) to enhance the immersion for myself, after a time it became second nature.
    _k
    I always Rembert that Port is left because they are both 4 letters.
    RahnalH102_kmidga
    Well _k_ has gifted me this game, so I'll play through the tutorials and then you guys can ping me on steam whenever you're playing.
    _k
    7:30 Mountain Time. That's when I will start playing and when I will ping up everyone that I can to get them on board (pun intended)

I myself would like to use port and starboard, but when things get heated it doesn't take long for me to go back to saying left and right.
    _k
    edited October 2013
    Scheduled downtime at 10/28 3AM EST
    OCTOBER 27 - JERRY
    Hi everyone, we plan to shut down server at 10/28 3AM EST (7AM UTC) for release 1.3.3 upgrade. Server should be up in 2-3 hours.
    No release notes yet. There was a client update as well.

EDIT: Notes are up.
    ZealocktheGreattrooster89RahnalH102
    @_k_ You beat me too it.

I can't wait to try it out tonight
    _k
    edited October 2013
    Okay so I'm going to try again tonight to gather everyone up at 7:30 (ish) mountain time. If I don't get the crew this time though then I shall be my crew.
    "THAT'S MADNESS ZEALOCK!"
    "QUIET ZEALOCK or it'll be off to the brig."
    "But then who would captain the ship?"
    "THAT'S IT! Off with you"
    "..."
    "..."
    "...yah I will definitely need some people this time."

On an entirely different note. @trooster89 you used the wrong "to." T-O-O is used in cases like "There is too much guacamole." Sorry
    _kmidga
    edited October 2013
    - Extinguisher gains immunity to fire during its cooldown (3s).
    !@#$ YEAH!

Also my connection is having trouble so I can't reliably play most online games, including this one, so I (nor Enembis) will be able to make it till that is fixed. :(
    _kZealocktheGreat
    @ZealocktheGreat I attribute my error to laziness rather than ignorance. Irregardless, I will be on to wreck some ships.
    _k
    Okay, after 4 matches, this game is pretty awesome. Worth every penny! :D
    _kZealocktheGreat
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    More IC peeps need to hop on and play this game.

Come on guys it is, quite literally the Helium Wars.

Also it's not at all like the original so you can put your fears aside if that was a reason.
    _ktrooster89
  • IvanIvan
    feels like his memories of Helium Wars are floating away.
    Icrontian
    feels like his memories of Helium Wars are floating away.
    _k
    It was a good night tonight, but I believe next time I'll bring out my Sunday best so that I can dance a Galleon to your Goldfish.
    _kIlriyastrooster89
    Ilriyas said:

More IC peeps need to hop on and play this game.

I'm sure that we can at least recruit @bobbydigi now that there are hats -- Free ones! For the 1yr anniversary/Halloween.

_kZealocktheGreat
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Oh I've been wanting to try it for a while. Gaming budget has been low though. Hopefully by the time I can hop in, some IC peeps will still be collecting hats playing.

-Digi
    _kZealocktheGreat
    edited October 2013
    I think someone might have an extra copy floating around. What with all the four pack buyin' and the jello pudding.
    _k