The Pokemon XY Thread

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    BHHammy said:

@thrax - The funny thing is, that step he's doing is actually supposed to be an emulation of Capoeira.

THEY'RE BREAKDANCE FIGHTING!

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Status report!

How's everyone coming along? What badges do you have? What pokemon do you like? What's new and exciting about the Pokemon franchise for those of you who haven't played since you were kids?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I just got to Lumiose city or whatever, grabbed myself a Squirtle. I'd likely be further along but I haven't been playing it much and I spend most of my time trying to catch every pokemon in an area. (Took me maybe 25-30 minutes alone trying to find a female Ralts with Synchronize instead of Trace)
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I currently have 6 badges and is rolling with Delphox, Blaziken, Tyrantrum, Venusaur, Lucario, and leveling a Staravia. Right now I am really digging the Wonder Trade feature. Trading a pokemon without knowing what you will get in return is exciting to me.
    That's a pretty solid team you have there, Binh. I see lots of sweeping power!
    Chooch
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I also have a Raichu, Lapras, Lickitung when needed.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Currently 7 badges, working on getting my Blaziken fully statted and moved.
    Thrax
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    I've been multitasking like crazy (doing things other than Pokemon), doing writeups on mechanics, and just exploring possibilities with my pokemon, as well as getting all of my pokemon to 5-heart Affection (which makes a HUGE difference, it's worth every last minute you spend).

That combined with having to run the long way back around to take care of berries and (more recently) doing some breeding for a friend in exchange for him giving me a ditto to breed with, I'm still kinda stuck at the 2-badge plateau. Wouldn't even been along as much as I have been if it wasn't for the fact that I decided to cut out my plan to attempt to make a B-team.

My current team is A Lvl 35 Quilladin, Lvl 34 Charmeleon, Lvl 35 Pangoro (which isn't great against Fighting pokemon, but DAMN it's great against psychic types, and looks so freaking COOL), Lvl 33 Fletchinder, Lvl 33 Golduck, and Lvl 34 Amaura. I'm also thinking about training up an Emolga for standby because the damn thing isn't just cute, it's also deceptively vicious.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    I've been taking my time mainly catching/seeing as much pokes in an area and raising affection. I'm a collector/sentimentalist first (hard to say which I support more) and trainer second.

Despite that, due to the changes/additions made in regards to EXP, I've consistently almost outleveled my entire team passed my control. Currently have 3 badges and am inside the 4th gym so I can use FLY afterwords.

My main team consists of a lvl 41 Lucario (that I trained up from a Riolu. Surprised me later in the game.) lvl 41 Pikachu (not sure when I'll evolve this sucker. Soon though.) lvl 41 Vespiquen, lvl 41 Delphox, lvl 40 Venasaur, and a lvl 40 Gardevoir (that, like Ilriyas I also spent a !@#$ ton of time trying to find.) I assume they are all somewhat pumped on stats as I've kept the Pokerus up since I got it very early on.

I haven't seen enough of the newer pokes to know what I like and don't like about them. I do really like Fennekin's line though. Gamewise I can't find anything I really dislike about it. overall I think they've done a great job with it.

I've seen 166 Pokemon, and caught 96. I've spent ~37 hours on this game so far.

Edit: Also, I managed to get my friend to play this generation. He hasn't played since Gold/Silver. He enjoys it as well
    IlriyasChooch
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    I just captured a Snorlax in a plot event very similar to my old RBY experience. I'm rocking a Quilladin, Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Furfrou, Butterfree, and a Hawlucha. I got the Hawlucha from Japan on a wonder trade for a Lvl 2 Weedle. I hit the wonder trade button thinking that the other guy would have a chance to abort because I was that asshole and now I feel terrible about it. Avg party level is 20.
    RahnalH102TushonThrax
    I took a day or two breather from the game once I hit champ. In down time over the next week, I'm gonna do the rounds of post-game content and start breeding my final PvP team. Nobody on my current team will survive to see that day.
    I've been breeding cool/rare pokemon and trading the levels 1s out on the Wonder Trade. It's my hope that somebody new to Pokemon gives me a Weedle, and they get a Squirtle or Skarmory in exchange. Something totally awesome that they'd have to play 30-40 hours to get themselves.
    edited October 2013
    Shiny Pokemon Guide, below the spoiler (since it's a large multi-picture thing).

SOURCE
    If any of you happen to come by a Cyndaquil or one of its evolutions, I would be more than happy to trade something for it. #favoritepokemon
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    cola said:

If any of you happen to come by a Cyndaquil or one of its evolutions, I would be more than happy to trade something for it. #favoritepokemon

My favorite was always Scyther.

colaRahnalH102I-need-a-better-nameChooch
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    BHHammy said:

Shiny Pokemon Guide, below the spoiler (since it's a large multi-picture thing).

SOURCE
    This method again? Hmm mixed feelings. That aside, only shiny I've ever gotten is a Meditite that I found naturally.
    Method confirmed working on Reddit. Also via a different method and fishing.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    I took a short break to play some of the GW2 Halloween stuff, but I just finished the fourth gym. I don't know how I feel about my team right now, but I'm running the following:

Lvl 49 Blaziken
    Lvl 43 Blastoise
    Lvl 42 Chesnaught
    Lvl 38 Aerodactyl
    Lvl 38 Mr. Mime
    Lvl 35 Minun - I switch this one out occasionally.

I'm not big into "building the most badass perfect team" while running through the game, but once I get through the Elite Four, I'll probably look into building a good PvP team or two.

Anyway, I'm having a blast so far. I don't know if this is spoiler worthy, but just in case.
    The most frustrating part was the Reflection Cave. For some reason, I ended up getting lost, and then I had a terrible starting Pokemon that I couldn't change out while in battle a few times. The gyms, on the other hand, seem exceptionally easy. If you know what you're going into, you can wipe everything out with a single Pokemon.

@Cyclonite - That generally is the case though on the Gyms, at least in my experience. Gyms tend to be type-themed, and you usually only need one or two superstars of a certain type to roll gyms.

Though to be fair, the gyms DO seem rather easy this time around, to be sure. I've yet to run into a gym leader that uses more than 2 pokemon.
  • d3k0y said:

I was just thinking about this last night with the two judo Pokemon. Are they wearing human clothes, which is weird; or are their bodies designed to look like clothes, which is creepy.

They're wearing clothes. Stephan asks Sawk to let him borrow his black belt in the anime. I'm disgusted I know this.
  • Thrax said:

I've been breeding cool/rare pokemon and trading the levels 1s out on the Wonder Trade. It's my hope that somebody new to Pokemon gives me a Weedle, and they get a Squirtle or Skarmory in exchange. Something totally awesome that they'd have to play 30-40 hours to get themselves.

I'm breeding some amazing Pokemon now. We're talking Dratinis (baby Dragonites) with 5 perfect IVs. Basically, these things are lean mean dragon machines. If anybody wants one they're yours. I also have a friend safari with Dittos. This is super special because anything in the friend safari has at least two perfect stats. I'll pass them off to you as well. I'm going to be adding everybody with a friend code so add me back and if you see Derp in game invite me to trade. I promise I'll have something worth taking.

3282-2910-8312
    My friend safari has Munna, Girafarig, and Wobbufet
    edited October 2013
    If you were playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and recently picked up Pokemon X and Y, then this is for you.

I'm so glad you picked Bidoof.
    Its so...beautiful
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    If you use a magikarp rock on your bidoof when he get's level 20 he evolves into his final form:
    BHHammyCreeperbane2
  • Let me show you them.

Oh those soulless dead eyes.

Bidoof is extremely useful, actually. He can learn surf, cut, strength, and rock smash. I actually power bred mine in the 5th gen games for perfect IVs and he was a monster.
    That freaking beaverthing. His evolution has creepy eyes.

So hey, I found out a thing, today. If, right after it says that your pokemon has made another pokemon faint, you start rubbing your touch screen with the stylus immediately after you get the message and keep doing it after the message fades, you can actually pet your pokemon for doing a good job in the middle of a battle. Apparently it only works on pokemon you have 4-5 affection with, so I'm unsure what it's meant to do other than just be an empowering thing.

Since apparently Affection and Closeness are actually independent stats, perhaps it raises closeness? Or it just may do absolutely nothing, I'm uncertain, and some bumming around the internet hasn't shed any illumination on it being anything other than just a neat secret personal diversion.
    Chooch
    Nintendo has released a small patch for X & Y that fixes the Lumiose City save bug and improves the Global Trade Station. Grab it.