Expo 2014 Events

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    @Thrax You better be doing werewolf again.
    Bandrik
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    Also, if we want to do another movie viewing let me know. I'll bring a small PA, decent projector and screen to boot for a screening.
    Koreish
  • Sonorous said:

Also, if we want to do another movie viewing let me know. I'll bring a small PA, decent projector and screen to boot for a screening.

I believe ICHQ owns a projector, not sure on screen and audio equipment. Also totally down to help with movie prep and planning.

In for helping host and/or playing werewolf.

Titanfall could be entertaining depending on the options the full game will allow for setting up tournies.

Paintball is good idea.

HumerusMegRyanFodder
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Koreish said:

I'd be willing to host another screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show and / or another really good-bad movie.

The only answer here is Plan 9 from Outer Space.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Thrax said:

I volunteer for werewolf.

RyanFodder
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    I forget why I missed the tea tasting last year but I live for tea, so I'm totally in for that! I was toting some very Canadian teas along anyway, I can bring enough to share if anyone's interested.
    I also put forward Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog as a movie option, though it's only 45 minutes altogether.
    mertesnmidgaTeramonaKoreish
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    Zanthian said:

Thankskilling? Sharknado?

Sharknado would've been funny/watchable, but Tara Reid was in it, so it was just sad.
    Zanthian
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I suppose I should note, while I'd love to hold an A2 run, it will probably take at LEAST 4 hours, with travel there being 45 minutes and back. Not sure we have time for that in the schedule.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

Zanthian said:

Thankskilling? Sharknado?

Sharknado would've been funny/watchable, but Tara Reid was in it, so it was just sad.
    That is what is qualifying it as a "really good-bad movie."
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    Hackers.

edit: Tank Girl too... thanks for mentioning that one @drasnor
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    Tank Girl awesome been awhile but liked it
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    I'm not sure if I really want to go through the trouble of organizing an official event but I thought it'd be cool to do a Sunday (or Saturday) brunch. There's usually not much going on until the afternoon and breakfast is always a bit of a mess trying to find places that can handle large groups on short notice, so it seemed like a good idea after last year.

The way I imagine it is that I'd probably have a window of time where anyone that felt like waking up before 1pm could just come down and grab some pancakes, crepes, bacon, eggs, fruit, etc. I figure that would be easy enough to pull off for ~50 people, especially if I got a couple volunteers to help me out. I definitely don't want to charge people a set amount to eat like the official tastings. People could just chip in a few bucks each to cover the cost of ingredients.

All of this is assuming my chef lets me take a week off to go to EXPO during the busy season and @troublebaker is cool with me running a large operation out of her kitchen, of course.
    With pre-approval and helpers, I think that is a nice idea.
  • PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian
    my only condition is that you clean up everything within a reasonable amount of time after the event. Reasonable being within a couple of hours, not the next day! :) Other than that, go nuts!
    GnomeQueen

my only condition is that you clean up everything within a reasonable amount of time after the event. Reasonable being within a couple of hours, not the next day! :) Other than that, go nuts!

Hahaha this was the first thing I thought of when I saw the cooking posts. :p
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    And when she says "clean" she means like restaurant clean :p
    GnomeQueen
    GnomeQueen
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

And when she says "clean" she means like restaurant clean :p

lol sign me up for this fantasy ICHQ
    GnomeQueenThraxGHoosdum
    I'll be really impressed if they can do that with the stove :D
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    In my job experience 'Restaurant Clean' is 'Break out the purple stuff and clean all the crap out from under the tray holder no one has checked under in 2 years, the health inspector comes tomorrow.'

So get me the government unapproved cleaning solvent that will eat the skin off my forearms and I will leave your house spotless.
    PinkInDetroit
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    @Ilriyas Wow Canada is different. Here in the US we simmply:
    Ilriyas
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Yes, but there is no rug in the ICHQ kitchen.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    That's what the spaces beneath the stove and refrigerator are for.
    mertesn
    mertesn said:

Yes, but there is no rug in the ICHQ kitchen.

There's a backdoor rug!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    She needs that to tie things together.