• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Koreish said:

She needs that to tie things together.

wat
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited March 2014
    Anyone up for another round? :D
    Kidding.

Unless enough people are willing to commit...because that shit's expensive.
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    @mertesn I saw that this morning and thought of you. Sadly a bit rich for my blood, even split many ways.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    I am up for it yes, but I don't want to pay for it.
    mertesn
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Ilriyas said:

In my job experience 'Restaurant Clean' is 'Break out the purple stuff and clean all the crap out from under the tray holder no one has checked under in 2 years, the health inspector comes tomorrow.'

So get me the government unapproved cleaning solvent that will eat the skin off my forearms and I will leave your house spotless.

Oh god... I am far too familiar with the purple cleaner. That shit was hell on your skin (but it really took the grease off of... well... everything).
    Ilriyas
    malia said:

@mertesn I saw that this morning and thought of you. Sadly a bit rich for my blood, even split many ways.

Same here. By the time it got down to an affordable level, I suspect everyone would get maybe 0.5oz.
    Ryder said:

I am up for it yes, but I don't want to pay for it.

:shake:
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    That is a touch on the expensive side.
    GnomeQueen
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

Is there disc golf (aka frolf) in/near Detroit?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    trooster89
  • PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian

I'm looking into this: westbloomfieldadventurepark.org/ as an event. I'm asking about pricing and when we might be able to get a time. anyone interested?

@TroubleBaker said:
    I'm looking into this: westbloomfieldadventurepark.org/ as an event. I'm asking about pricing and when we might be able to get a time. anyone interested?

Definitely.

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2014

@midga said:
    If there is interest, I'd love to run some Classic Battletech.

I think it's a fairly unknown game, but I am personally a HUGE fan of classic Battletech. I own the 4th edition box itself in addition to a host of software and data with lots of mech designs, pilots, and scenarios to help people newer to the game get rolling and having fun.

@Lincoln said:
    If I can fit it in the schedule, we will be running Human Chess as a headline event for all attendees. We schemed up the rules today that will make it extremely fun & interesting for all players involved, even if you can't play chess. I will post the rules in a separate discussion.

Given the recent rise of chess in Icrontic, I was considering offering to run a small chess tourney, problem is that it's not very well suited for an event like this. It's fairly time consuming and requires a lot of focused attention, but I've run one before and it's not so bad if you split up rounds of games. Anyway, if there is a lot of interest I'm happy to do that, but the human chess sounds a lot easier to add into the schedule while being fun for a lot of people.

midga
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Bompz for 3-week warning til final schedule.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@TroubleBaker said:

Depending on pricing I'm interested.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Also the Tigers are out of town the week of Epic so there will be no Tigers outing this year...

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I'm going to run a shaving workshop for anyone who's interested. It's BYO supplies, though, I don't have time to buy 10 razors and 7 brushes, etc.

mertesnmidgaZanthian
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian

@GHoosdum said:
    I'm going to run a shaving workshop for anyone who's interested. It's BYO supplies, though, I don't have time to buy 10 razors and 7 brushes, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/26UM2DU8RVN2K/ref=topnav_lists_1

GHoosdum
    edited May 2014

Actually this Weishi is a better value for beginners.

Also those numbers were pure hypotheticals. ;)

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I will say that I own those exact two pieces and really like them. I also got the Escali stand that is in the "also bought" section. Can't comment on your aspiring interior design.

edited May 2014

@Tushon said:
    I will say that I own those exact two pieces and really like them. I also got the Escali stand that is in the "also bought" section. Can't comment on your aspiring interior design.

The funny thing is, I have the Merkur LHC and that same brush (different brand, same brush) as well. I just think the Merkur is a little more expensive than some folks might be ready for, if they are merely prepping for a shave workshop.

edited May 2014

I will have the schedule up in a week.

Confirmed events:

• Duct Tape Challenge (Sat Noon)
    • Detroit Bike Tour (Sat AM)
    • Shaving Workshop
    • Adventure Time Ropes Course (Thurs AM)
    • Titanfall tournament
    • Team Fortress 2 tournament
    • Giant Catan
    • Movie night
    • Werewolf
    • Sunday brunch
    • Food toooooooour! (TBA - Thu/Fri/Sat night)
    • Two James Distillery Tour
    GnomeQueenmertesn
    edited May 2014

Questions:

1. Is anyone running Minecraft events? cc @BobbyDigi‌ @Myrmidon‌

2. What other LAN games should be added this year? cc @PirateNinja‌ @Magic @TiberiusLazarus‌ @UPSLynx‌

3. Are there any boardgame tournaments? cc @CB

4. Magic: The Gathering events? cc @Colgere‌ @sharkydart‌

5. Tastings? cc @RyanMM

The cc's are just to randomly get folks' attention; they are open questions

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I'll run a Dragon Line (quick tactical card game) demo and tournament. Also, I'll give a reading/signing, if you still want me to.

Lincmidga
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    Happenings over the last 3 days or so have shifted my "99% sure not going to Epic14" to actually looking like I might be able to go. I should have a definite decision before the 3 week deadline mentioned. If I go I would love to do the Minecraft creative building again. A 1 hour contest and a multiday contest.

Updates to come as soon as I have more info.

-Digi

OMG AWESOMEEEEEE

Additional ideas:

The Expo LAN Decathlon: Small teams battle in lightning rounds across multiple PC games.

New Boardgame Night: Volunteers organize 4-5 boardgames for first-time players.

Dominion Tournament: 4-person games, single-elimination.

mertesntrooster89RyanFodder

All of those.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@mertesn said:
    All of those.

RyanFodder

@Massalinie‌ You have given me the best idea yet.

Massalinie