UT2004 betademo out

Comments

• croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    kanezfan wrote:
    i know it's only one map, but I'm hooked on onslaught. I cannot wait for this game to come out.
    * kanezfan drools

Its fun, but I don't really like goin after the nodes, I just frag ppl and blow up vehicles with the rockets :D~~~~ Those tanks can get some serious air with a few well placed rockets.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    omg it's so much fun, i can't stop playing it. i gotta do my taxes though ;[
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    kanezfan wrote:
    omg it's so much fun, i can't stop playing it. i gotta do my taxes though ;[

OMG THANK YOU!!! I totally forgot about that. I get a return too!! Woohooo.
  • kanezfankanezfan
    is only getting back about $500 this year ;[
    sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    is only getting back about $500 this year ;[
  • edited February 2004
    This game would simply pwon with LAN play... I still cant believe I thought this game would be nothing but a few touchups to 2K3.

And the game will take up 6 CDs! (or 1 DVD for the special edition). Minimum install size will be around 5.5 Gigs!!
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited February 2004
    croc_ wrote:
    Those tanks can get some serious air with a few well placed rockets.

or some granades under the tank from the back :p
  • edited February 2004
    I think I'll wait for the DVD version...I've got too many CD's as it is.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    okay, it's official - this game owns.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited February 2004
    i will shoot u out of the sky with my lightning gun foo
  • ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited February 2004
    I love this game.
    I hope and pray that when it makes it to korea, there will be an option to install it in english.
    oh please give me english sweet gods of ut
  • godzilla525godzilla525 Western Pennsylvania Member
    edited February 2004
    I got a new title... FLAKMONKEY!!!

oWnaGe!!!

:rockon:

So much for me getting any work done for the next few weeks :)
  • edited February 2004
    Im really tempted not to install this because i need to get work done

BUT IM THE BIGGEST UT FANBOY THERE IS!!!!

Cruel gods why have you forsaken me!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Just download and install it, its impossible to resist :D
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    I'm diggin it... look for [SM]-RWB
  • edited February 2004
    I got a new title... FLAKMONKEY!!!

oWnaGe!!!

:rockon:

So much for me getting any work done for the next few weeks :)

haha, my favorite so far is eagle eye, gotten by shooting the plane out of the air with the tank.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Are people using my mirror or can I pull the file?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    I have yet to join a server with no lag... it is absolutly horrible with lag!?!?!?!
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    RWB wrote:
    I have yet to join a server with no lag... it is absolutly horrible with lag!?!?!?!

Really? I am pinging low 30's on alot of the servers I have played.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    I'll get low pings too....

What happens is that I will loook for a nicely packed server, with a low ping of no more than 100ms and try to join, I will spend a good 5 minutes looking for a server that will actually let me in, even when they are not near full I usually can't get in becuase it refuses my connection. Then when I finally do get in a game it ain't so low in ping anymore or something cuase I will be warping everywhere!

Drives me nuts... cuase in single polayer it is fun, but the big nuke launcher always gets shot down :(
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    RWB wrote:
    I'll get low pings too....

What happens is that I will loook for a nicely packed server, with a low ping of no more than 100ms and try to join, I will spend a good 5 minutes looking for a server that will actually let me in, even when they are not near full I usually can't get in becuase it refuses my connection. Then when I finally do get in a game it ain't so low in ping anymore or something cuase I will be warping everywhere!

Drives me nuts... cuase in single polayer it is fun, but the big nuke launcher always gets shot down :(

I have had that problem in a few servers, the misleading ping in the join game menu, then when you get in its like 300+ and you can't move. For the most part it has been fine though.

All I play really is deathmatch. Its helping my reaction time in Counterstrike alot ;)
  • edited February 2004
    Well, I was going to use your mirror after I had to do a reload but I guess you pulled the file already...off to fileXXXXXX to get in line I guess.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    anyone playing now?
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited February 2004
    ohhhh man.. this game is incredible... i have been playing entirely too much today... i thought i was in the clear after i finished KOTOR, but now who knows... i love this UT... and the sniper rifle is back!!!!!
  • astroworpastroworp Northridge, CA
    edited February 2004
    quite a fun game, too bad i have midterms abounding that i really must go study for now...
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited February 2004
    I've been playing the demo non-stop and as it stands I am going on 3 hours sleep at work today. Onslaught mode is just amazing. Kinda feels like Battlefield on speed. It can be frustrating when you have a team full of noobs who just jump in a vehicle and start driving whereever but when you get a few versed players and get the team speak kickin it plays out just amaziningly.
    Look for me kickin online and Ill give you a chance to be :Pwned: :p
    edited February 2004
    teamspeak as in actual voice coms? is that built in to the game? if it is, I didn't even know. I've never experienced that in a game, that must be awesome in game. I find the text coms in games worthless as no one follows the orders. I can't wait for this game. I basically only play onslaught now, I want more maps, yet I'm totally happy with this one map. but yeah, can't wait for the game

/me drools
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    kanezfan... dang it... I just stepped in the puddle from your drool... or was it my drool... anyway, Teamspeak is an actual standalone application. You have to work with everyone else to agree on the channel/ server to communicate on. It's cool.

Names changed to protect the inocent
    <b>[SM]-QCH2001</b> "Hey Bob, guy sniping on north ridge... crap. He just got me. You got him?"
    <b>BOBCANTKILL</B> "Got him... I'll frag him for ya.. wussy. Can't even frag one little guy up on a ridge... ha"
    edited February 2004
    yeah i've heard of teamspeak, just never used it. I'll have to try it out then.
  • godzilla525godzilla525 Western Pennsylvania Member
    edited February 2004
    what's with the smoke clouds around the sniper rifle? that's no fun.... then everyone can see me and I can't see anything ;-\

Flak cannon: Perfect, don't change... hopefully the ChaosUT team will add the Claw so I can get my long-range flak grenade back.
    Lightning Gun: Reload time too slow
    Shock rifle: body too bulky to aim with... prefer the older, slender UT version.
    Link Gun: Perfect

Other minor irritations: weapons and powerups do about 1000 RPM; the inertia alone could power my laptop for a week... at least they're not bouncing up and down too like in Q3A... ;-Þ

Heehee....
    "Headhunter!"
    "Eagle Eye!"
    "Hit & Run!"
    "Daredevil!"
    "Vehicular Manslaughter!"
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited February 2004
    kanezfan wrote:
    teamspeak as in actual voice coms? is that built in to the game? if it is, I didn't even know.

Yea, not many people use it... Just hold the F key down and talk away. Super handy for flagging down that jerk who just took off in the truck without letting you hitch a ride "HEY!!! 3 TO A VEHICLE BUB!" :p