UT2004 betademo out

13»

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    lol i love the vehicular manslaughter, road rage is great too. I think i'm gonna play just me against a noob bot just to run em over and over and over again lol. I can see a GTA total conversion with this, it would pwn. they really need to add a first person view in the next GTA.
  • godzilla525godzilla525 Western Pennsylvania Member
    edited February 2004
    road rage... forgot about that one... I ran over a bunch of enemy bots in succession and almost woke my roommate up trying not to laugh...

I can't wait till the full version hits the shelves :)
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    Kanez, I believe there is a voicecomm system in 2k4, I heard someone talking the other night while I was playing (there is voicecomm in counterstrike if anyone still plays, I do). It sounded ALOT better than the one in CS too. It sounded clear just like ventrillo (voicecomm system like roger wilco etc.).

Onslaught is cool, reminds me of Tribes 2. That missile launcher is pretty sweet. I don't really like the vehicles much though, the tanks are too easy of targets, the hovercraft things are kinda hard to control, and the jeeps w/ the blades are only fun to jump off hills and get bonus trick points :P
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    paroxym wrote:
    Yea, not many people use it... Just hold the F key down and talk away. Super handy for flagging down that jerk who just took off in the truck without letting you hitch a ride "HEY!!! 3 TO A VEHICLE BUB!" :p

Bah, you beat me to it.

Daredevil!!!! I love just driving the jeeps around trying to do barrelrolls off the hills and cliffs.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    holy ****, it's built in???

/me fires up the game
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited February 2004
    kanezfan wrote:
    holy ****, it's built in???

* kanezfan fires up the game

It also has text to speech. Its funny, but gets REALLY annoying.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    which server are you guys using?