• ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Hades Invasion - Necronomicon
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2008
    Ondekoza - Legend
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJ1phmlq8BE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wJ1phmlq8BE&hl=en&fs=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Listening to The Strokes a lot recently. I don't think I had ever even heard of them until playing Reptilia on Rock Band at the lan. So I looked up more of their music and found it's all pretty good, just one more thing I've learned from hanging around here.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Lots of Three Days Grace lately...my 13 year old asked for some and he's got me addicted.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Lord Canti wrote:
    Listening to The Strokes a lot recently. I don't think I had ever even heard of them until playing Reptilia on Rock Band at the lan. So I looked up more of their music and found it's all pretty good, just one more thing I've learned from hanging around here.

I did that too, discovered a few bands from Rock Band and Guitar Hero that I really like..
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited September 2008
    Can anyone recommend me some good metal bands?

I like the following:

-Power metal (Mostly modern stuff)
    -Death Metal (Usually melodic)
    -Metalcore

If there's anything else you would like to recommend, just remember that I like things melodic if the vocals are very heavy.

Thanks!

Stick to Your Guns
    Eternal Lord
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    A Day to Remember
    Emmure
    Rose Funeral
    Carnifex
    Whitechapel
    At the Throne of Judgement

These are good starters if you like Death Metal/Metalcore.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    The Beatles - Yesterday
    edited September 2008
    Speedy's Coming - Scorpions
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited September 2008
    Nas - Sly Fox
    Nas - Hero
    Nas - Fried Chicken

Just picked up his Untitled, its Amazin.
  • edited September 2008
    Nightwolf wrote:
    Stick to Your Guns
    Eternal Lord
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    A Day to Remember
    Emmure
    Rose Funeral
    Carnifex
    Whitechapel
    At the Throne of Judgement

These are good starters if you like Death Metal/Metalcore.

Thanks, Wolf!

Ambrosia by Alesana
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited September 2008
    Zep- Over The Hills and Far Away- trying to learn that riff...
    edited September 2008
    Metallica - Death Magnetic. Been listening to this album all weekend. It's good, it's really good. Took a solid listen through to get a hold of me but now that it has it's really good. It's not that it's good compared to St. Anger, I'd rather listen to a cat being strangled then that mess. It's good when you compare it to their older stuff. I'd say this album is better then anything that's come after ....And Justice. It's better then the Black albums it's better then Load it's just a really good thrashy album.
    edited September 2008
    kryyst wrote:
    Metallica - Death Magnetic. Been listening to this album all weekend. It's good, it's really good. Took a solid listen through to get a hold of me but now that it has it's really good. It's not that it's good compared to St. Anger, I'd rather listen to a cat being strangled then that mess. It's good when you compare it to their older stuff. I'd say this album is better then anything that's come after ....And Justice. It's better then the Black albums it's better then Load it's just a really good thrashy album.

:rockon:....sounds like I have a new album to buy.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Thelemech wrote:
    :rockon:....sounds like I have a new album to buy.

QFT, The new Metalica album rips a$$. :rockon:

The last 2+ minutes of track #4:headbange:headbange
    edited September 2008
    The first time I heard the new single The Day that Never Comes (track 4) from the new Metallica album on the radio, I was meh on it. Didn't hate it mind you, but I had heard a lot of talk saying how heavy the album was and going back to their old routes etc.... However after listening to the album now umpteenth times I have to say that song is easily one of my favorites. Starts off slow and a little balad like but the ending kicks hard. Nope I've been pretty much listening to this album for just over a week now in the car and it hasn't grown stale yet.
    edited September 2008
    It is good to hear that Metallica is returning to a thrashier sound. I can still remember the effect Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets had on me and music in general. Then that damn black album came out and ruined their sound, but not their bank accounts. I do not know what to make of Load and Reload. Thought some songs on ST Anger where ok...but who wants ok from the thrash masters.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited September 2008
    Anything from Saosin, and looking forward to the new Escape the Fate album.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited September 2008
    Thelemech wrote:
    It is good to hear that Metallica is returning to a thrashier sound. I can still remember the effect Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets had on me and music in general. Then that damn black album came out and ruined their sound, but not their bank accounts. I do not know what to make of Load and Reload. Thought some songs on ST Anger where ok...but who wants ok from the thrash masters.

I enjoyed Black, and thought things fell apart after it, (even liked the S&M DVD, just because it had never been done before) but I guess music is like politics & religion, we all have our likes and dislikes.

Been listening to Mandatory Metallica on XM 51. I'm liking the new album too.

Listening to XM 51, Toby Keith's new stuff, and Lost Trailers...
  • edited September 2008
    Hit the Lights - Metallica
  • edited October 2008
    Scooter
  • edited October 2008
    kryyst wrote:

Yeah, I'm really liking the Death Magnetic album too. Much better that their last few albums (especially St. Anger, which sucks IMO). I don't think I'd go as far as saying it's better than the Black album, but it's at least as good. But then, I really do like the Black album.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited October 2008
    This always reminds me of my big SIS http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lBwUkPYzjKs&feature=related
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Not sure who made the music but this is what I'm listening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjlpY21WOMc&feature=related

Sounds like Lords of Acid but not sure. Anybody?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2008
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Wicked!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Ferry Corsten
  • Shadow2018Shadow2018 Northwest Missouri
    edited October 2008
    Fear Factory. I can't get enough FF.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian