Hotfixes! Get your Hotfixes here!

13»

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Better run some normals ;)

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

And some more: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16561637/603-hotfixes-january-8-1-8-2015

Garrisons, Followers, and Outposts

Garrison Buildings
        Barn
            [Requires a realm restart] Increased the spawn rate and number of spawn points for Direfang Alpha, Ironhide Bull, and Wetland Trampler. This hotfix will be deployed in combination with the hotfix from January 7 to increase spawn rates slightly.

Class

Abilities that heal based on a percentage of total/maximum health should now be able to be correctly modified by healing debuff modifiers.
    Hunter
        General
            [Currently in testing] Freezing Trap now has a trigger radius of 3 yards (down from 5 yards).
    Paladin
        Armor Sets
            Hotfix to change the PvP 4-piece set bonus for Retribution Paladins announced from January 5 has been deployed.
    Priest
        Glyphs
            Glyph of Reflective Shield should now correctly only reflect damage on self-cast Power Word: Shields and not when it's cast on other players.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

As of yesterday, haste has been buffed by 11.1%. Approximately 90 haste now gives 1%, instead of 100.

edited January 2015

For all classes? That will muck with gear weightings if haste was a close match to another stat for your class.

Edit: That bumps haste over multistrike for SPriest, for example.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Versatility is still trash, even more so now.

• They broke my AOE damage with a 50% initial damage nerf to thrash. Fun.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Paladin

Protection
        Sacred Duty now causes the Paladin to gain 30% (up from 5%) more of the Haste stat from all sources.

Aaaaahahahaha, someone at Blizzard has ham hocks for hands! Least subtle fix to a problem NA.

Weren't Paladins already broken?

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

@d3k0y said:
    Versatility is still trash, even more so now.

If we look at the history of WoW itemization, each expansion has introduced a particular stat that is considered "trash" by the player base, because it takes the place of more useful statistics on the early gear. Players wonder why they have Haste/Vers on an item, rather than something more useful like Haste/Multi (which would make me pleased as punch).

But the history of gear also demonstrates that this is a deliberate decision to allow more room for itemization later on. Addition tiers of gear slowly eliminate the junk stat in favor of more desirable ones, then migrate that junk stat to a "freebie" stat alongside an otherwise perfectly-itemized piece of gear.

I fully anticipate that Blackrock gear will have relatively fewer Versatility pieces, with the ultimate goal of Draenor to be items that are perfectly itemized and inclusive of versatility as a useful DPS enhancer/DTPS reducer.

edited January 2015

@CannonFodder said:

It's for prot paladins specifically... every class/spec (most class/specs? I don't really know) have an attuned stat. Prot pally's attuned stat was haste.

Trouble was, after the stat squish and conversion rate change, literally every other stat but multistrike was better than haste for a prot paladin... by a huge margin. So you had the problem of a class being designed one way and being played a completely different, very boring other way.

A previous attempt at fixing this haste crisis involved allowing certain abilities that grant holy power to be proc'd in a "more abilities casted = more procs" manner, and increasing the value of a holy power finisher (more haste = more holy power = more of this finisher). These two, PLUS a nerf to the 'overpowered' stat SHOULD have made haste more attractive...

...but the nerf to the overpowered stat made the finisher even LESS desirable, resulting in haste getting even worse. If you watch Theck at sacredduty.net do his thing, he shows that haste actually wound up as the absolute worst stat for a protadin.

So they finally just said 'fuck it. If you're at 630 ilvl, every piece of gear you get with haste is worth a 690 piece of any other stat. Okay? OKAY?!' Subtle as a Ren and Stimpy cartoon.

Also...

@CannonFodder said:

Or... maybe you just know a couple paladins that work really hard to make their class look good? :D

I didn't realize it was only for Prot Pallies. I have no problems with the tanks getting better (or the heals, though they seem to do well.) Its the Ret pally that I think is currently broken (you were able to kick my butt in DPS with 10 ilvls lower than me?)

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Ryan, you were shadow priest during Mists of Pandaria. EVERY class could kick our DPS butt with 10 ilvls lower than us :p

Fair.

@CannonFodder said:
    I didn't realize it was only for Prot Pallies. I have no problems with the tanks getting better (or the heals, though they seem to do well.) Its the Ret pally that I think is currently broken (you were able to kick my butt in DPS with 10 ilvls lower than me?)

To be fair, I also multidotted (common advice for retadins but uncommonly done), simmed out an alternate rotation that involved lagging a few hundredths of a second behind the GCD to get a stronger spellcast off, built a UI so that I would cast my procs the second they were up, and measured out my buff timers so that I would pool the correct cooldowns.

Of course, yeah, holy damage means we get a 'flat boost' to anything we do, since our shit basically ignores armor... and our other flat numbers are, in fact, stupidly high. It means as we gear up, we'll fall to the bottom.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Mastery > All for Ret