Fallout 4

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

My brother was kind enough to preorder me a copy when he preodered his as well. We and two of our local friends plan on starting together and doing a pseudo-co-op run.

• What the what? The mobile Pip-Boy app is going to sync with the actual game, giving you your in-game Pip-Boy display on an Android or iOS device??! This could be so awesome...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/11/we-put-fallout-4s-mobile-pip-boy-companion-app-through-its-paces/

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

It Begins!

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Played an hour and a half.

Spent half an hour in character creation, engine is beautiful don't want to hide people's faces with helmets anymore.

Vault scene (With 1950s era intro like in the trailer) Made me genuinely happy and then very sad, for those who watched the trailer entering into the new world knowing what is gone is an experience. Put down the controller for a few minutes to consider everything.

I think this game is going to be game of the year, if not decade.

RahnalH102

Played for 4 hours, spent like 2 of 'em building parts of my settlement. The beginning experience up until that point was great. Especially the boss fight of the first quest.

• Preordered on Monday (if you can even call buying it a few hours before it unlocks preordering)... Still have yet to launch it. I'm worried if I do, I'll end up staying up until all hours of the night playing it, which I would regret in the morning when I have to drag my half animated corpse into the office.

Have Friday off for my birthday. I intend to binge on this game for at least a good 8-10 hours that day... Just need to make it through 16 more hours of work first....

RahnalH102
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

I picked it up last night and tried it out for a couple of hours. Barely made it anywhere in the game yet because i must collect all the things ;)
    The game looks great though.

Sonorous
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Zanthian said:
    I picked it up last night and tried it out for a couple of hours. Barely made it anywhere in the game yet because i must collect all the things ;)
    The game looks great though.

ALL of the things. 45 minutes in and was already encumbered.

ZanthianPirateNinja
  • I got to the power suit last night and I see no reason to ever take it off. pew pew nuclear merica.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    Preordered on Monday (if you can even call buying it a few hours before it unlocks preordering)... Still have yet to launch it. I'm worried if I do, I'll end up staying up until all hours of the night playing it, which I would regret in the morning when I have to drag my half animated corpse into the office.

This is why I haven't bought it yet. I have things to do in the next three days and if I install it, it's game over for responsibilities. So excited and looking forward to more wasteland lore!

• @Signal said:
    This is why I haven't bought it yet. I have things to do in the next three days and if I install it, it's game over for responsibilities. So excited and looking forward to more wasteland lore!

Oh, I installed it... it is taking every bit of my willpower not to cough cough go home sick right now.

Last night I actually played MGS Peacewalker just to scratch the video game itch without losing a nights sleep to Fallout 4. You better believe that tomorrow night I'm going to launch FO4 and play into the night, since I took Friday off. I can't handle the excite.

ZanthianSignal
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

I decided not to get this since I knew it would be such a huge time sink.

I WAS RIGHT

PirateNinjaBasilStrikesUPSKingpin
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

PirateNinja_kRahnalH102Chooch
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

If you aren't addicted to psycho by lvl 5, you aren't playing right.

PirateNinjaCanti
  • Played for 2 1/2 hours. Barely made it to the Red Rocket Truck Stop. As I figured, the building aspect of this game is probably going to be a problem for me...

Psycho a pleb.

Real Vault dwellers are spaced out on psychobuff

@ardichoke said:
    Played for 2 1/2 hours. Barely made it to the Red Rocket Truck Stop. As I figured, the building aspect of this game is probably going to be a problem for me...

and then you unlock other settlements to build on. Where does the time go!

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

ChoochRahnalH102BHHammyMAGIC
  • Man if people think these graphics suck I am both old and in need of an upgrade. Game looks great to me, yet my computer feels like it's going to shit itself whenever I play.(3930k/hd7950/medium settings).

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    I got to the power suit last night and I see no reason to ever take it off. pew pew nuclear merica.

Lack of Fusion Cores?

ardichoke
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

@CrazyJoe said:
    Lack of Fusion Cores?

The main reason I haven't used it past fighting off the first Death-claw.

edited November 2015

The game is absolutely beautiful, apparently having a slightly cartoonist appearance is a bad thing when games like COD exist.

The claim of awkward gameplay is also ridiculous, game plays really well. Wish some of the building options had snap fit but it's no big (Looking at you junk fences)

On another note thinking of remaking my character, made a lot of mistakes I know I'm going to regret later (One of them being my spastic perk choices)

Also not doing any Minutemen quests until level 30. Too far forwards to look back at this point.

• @CrazyJoe said:
    Lack of Fusion Cores?

For real. Is it possible to build fusion cores or are they something you have to find (and thus there is a limited number in the game)?

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

They are spread out in the world and there are a few vendors selling them. I found one vendor in Diamond City.

• @CrazyJoe said:
    Lack of Fusion Cores?

I figured this out the hard way, but oddly I have since found 3 more cores and I've had no need to put the suit on even though I've fully upgraded it to B class. But yeah .. finite usage, as far as I can tell there is no way to craft fuel for this thing so I'm saving it for a rainy day now that I blew the first core collecting flowers and shooting bugs.

At 20 hours in I have 30 something cores, I only take my power armour when I expect large conflicts.

I've had to repair it more often than I've gone through cores.

When you plan to wear power armour you need to plan your excursions, you can walk around in it for 30 minutes with the occasional skirmish, a single prolonged battle you can drain anywhere between one and two cores depending on how Vats reliant you are.

• @Ilriyas said:

depending on how Vats reliant you are.

I haven't used Vats yet >_>

I always forget.