Get a Kill: 1 CP
    Kill a Heavy: 3 CP
    Kill a Medic: 3 CP
    (Advanced) Get 5 kills in a single life: 10 CP

Spy Contract:
    Score points as Spy: 2 CP
    (Advanced) Get a Backstab: 6 CP
    (advanced) Destroy a Building with a Sapper: 10 CP

These were both very easy. I have a couple of good runs as a Spy. At one point I took out two Engis, 2 Dispensers and a sentry gun. Because the points stack, that was 5x 2 CP for points scored, 2x 6 CP for the backstabs and 3x 10 CP for the buildings. 52 points in a matter of 30 seconds.

Surprised myself and got the 30 bonus points for the Kill Contract within 30 minutes. I did it as a Sniper and actually got 10 kills in a life for 20 of the points.

I already have one of these.

Already have one of these also. Wish I would have gotten a Powerhouse case instead.

The fun continues.

Current Gun Mettle loot status:

-Digi

PirateNinja
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

The payload glitch has been fixed.

oni_dels
  • Holy crap digi that is a lot of guns.

oni_dels
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

I have sold both of my cases, +$10 total. Ended up with a revolver, shotgun, and ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!!! in my inventory that I plan on not using because they aren't strange quality.

My Strange Killstreak Pirateninja MKII 'The buttening" is the only weapon I need.

RahnalH102PirateNinjaoni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2015

Pro Tip: If you are going to sell cases, list them Tuesday afternoonish. List them for 1 cent less than the current sell price is. This will guarantee it goes fast. For the last three weeks, cases have slowly risen throughout the week and then crashed Tuesday after midnight. Presumably due to the reset of contracts, players immediately running through their contracts causing a glut of new cases on the market. I don't believe they will get back to the $10 /ea they were at in the past but you can still get a few dollars out of them. Then you can buy yourself a nice Strange SMG or Flame Thrower without the risk of getting 7 cents worth of trash by opening the case.

Edit to add: I believe the price of the cases will go up after the event. I will be holding on to any that I get a hold of and selling them off in the future. This risk here is that there will probably be future introduction of more unusual weapons which will nullify the uniqueness of the cases and crash the price.

-Digi

_koni_dels
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

@PirateNinja said:
    Holy crap digi that is a lot of guns.

Guns. Lots of guns.

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

Whoa

Ryder
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited July 2015

I got a poyple ting out of a box ting:

Also dees tings:

BobbyDigiPirateNinjaoni_dels

hahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......as easy as breathing

BobbyDigi

about 17 minutes to clear the contract while playing to win a map.

BobbyDigiPirateNinja
  • You guys are getting some killer loot! Holy crap.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Oy notta!

oni_dels
  • I heard you boys like rare drops.

RahnalH102primesuspectoni_delsCreeperbane2

yay!

RahnalH102
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

I uncrated a thing against my better judgement. I'm not sure if I should keep it.

oni_dels

i would sell it, $9 is $9

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

So I played a little today at work out of pure boredom. I felt like Sasha grey partying with a bunch of 15 year olds.

@Karma said:
    So I played a little today at work out of pure boredom. I felt like Sasha grey partying with a bunch of 15 year olds.

she retired not too long ago. so
    yeah i guess that joke is on point
    but i mean.
    sasha grey
    dude
    she's hot

wtf was i talkin about?

RahnalH102_kMAGIC
  • FargeFarge Icrontian

Man, you want to talk about easy contracts...

Didn't realize I cut off the first one, but I got 2cp for each point.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

There are enough contracts out now to turn your Gun Mettle Campaign coin bronze. If it isn't by this point, I'm better than you.

BobbyDigi

@Signal said:
    There are enough contracts out now to turn your Gun Mettle Campaign coin bronze. If it isn't by this point, I'm better than you.

INTERNET POINTS!

Interestingly enough, my coin says I have over 1000 points but is still gravel.

-Digi

edited July 2015

Digi's Gun Mettle Blog: Day/Week 4

Dat Cutie Miss Pauling hooked it up again with 2 New Contracts

Open Contract
    Score Points: 1 CP
    (Advanced)Score 10 points in a single life: 10 CP

Medic Contact
    Score points as Medic: 2 CP
    (Advanced) Get an assist with an Ubered Demoman: 10 CP
    (Advanced) Assist in destroying a sentry while Ubered: 20 CP

These two are very complimentary. Easy to score points as a medic and that plays into both of these. Played behind the front line and just built up assist and heal points. Of coarse the Spies were an issue but only slightly infuriated me a little. The hardest part was finding a pub that went after the sentry when ubered. Pugs are so different than the Icrontic server.

Already had one. Immediately sold it on the market to profit a few cents.

Sweet. Now I have one of each for the collection.

I've continued to play the market throughout the week. As of this morning (7/26) I am over 200 items acquired. Have sold about 1/2 of them back for profit and as I type this sit at $1.10 spent (not counting the initial $5.99 ticket and $2.49 key). This equates to about 89 unique weapon/condition combinations in my inventory currently.

I continue to wonder what I'm going to do with all these guns.

Prices for the Gun Mettle items continue to consistently crash each Tuesday and Friday nights. Tuesday when the new contacts come out and then Friday night when the majority of players get to play. Each of these causing a glut of new items on the market. Easily making your money back on the ticket is becoming increasingly difficult. You would be lucky to get a buck out of the cases at this point though I still believe they will go back up after the end of the update when the supply freezes. If I make it back to $0 spent on the update, I'll be content.

I've got my eye on a few Strange decorated weapons but holding out 'til closer to the end of the update to pull the trigger.

@oni_dels Thanks for joinin' in on my contract runs. Always fun to see an Icrontian randomly pop up on a kill cam :D

@Idiot_Slayer Unless I am misinterpreting your screenshot, that is the most expensive item I have ever seen an Icrontian buy from the Steam Market. Enjoy that bad boy!

-Digi

oni_delsPirateNinja
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

This is the first major game update that hasn't "done it" for me. I played for a bit, completed some contracts, got the goods, but I can't be bothered to get back to it. I realized why very quickly: Because I'm playing with strangers on Not The Icrontic Server.

I don't play TF2 for pugs, apparently. I can't stand it. I play for Icrontians. I don't care too much about cosmetic gear, so this update in general is a dud for me. I do like that they have given us more tasks and things to accomplish and forced us (Gently) into classes we don't normally play though—I think they need to do more of that.

oni_dels

@primesuspect said:
    This is the first major game update that hasn't "done it" for me. I played for a bit, completed some contracts, got the goods, but I can't be bothered to get back to it. I realized why very quickly: Because I'm playing with strangers on Not The Icrontic Server.

I don't play TF2 for pugs, apparently. I can't stand it. I play for Icrontians. I don't care too much about cosmetic gear, so this update in general is a dud for me. I do like that they have given us more tasks and things to accomplish and forced us (Gently) into classes we don't normally play though—I think they need to do more of that.

So would you be willing to pick a night you could be available (most weeks for the next two months) and we can get a group together to work on our contracts each week? I find even if it is 3 or 4 Icrontians on a public server, it is infinitely more fun than me and 23 pubs. What I want to stay away from is a small amount of us on the IC server "farming" our contracts. Same as with my achievements, I feel better about these contracts when I earn them naturally. To explain, I would have LOVED for you to be there for my medic contract. Couple of ubers on you as a Demo and would have been done. I don't consider setting up the environment as farming. An equivalent situation that I would see as farming would be if you, IcrontianA and I hopped on the server, I ubered you, IcrontianA let you kill them while you're ubered, rinse and repeat.

Even if, say, 5 or 6 of us hop on an empty Valve server, it would probably fill up pretty quick.

-Digi

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2015

Yeah I'd love to play with at least 4 or more Icrontians. Tuesday or Thursday nights?

Could it be? The return of TF2sday!?

I think so.

@oni_dels @FettBacon @Massalinie @Farge @Strikes @_k @PirateNinja @Signal @RahnalH102

I believe the new contracts are available after the item reset which is Tuesday at 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific. So maybe 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific we can get in a group Steam chat and work out where to go?

-Digi

oni_dels
  • FargeFarge Icrontian

Any chance we could make this a Thursday thing? I know it doesn't quite roll off the tongue so well but a TFTursday(TFThursday? ThursdayF2?) would work so much better for me.

BobbyDigi

Certainly open to it. Awaiting other's thoughts.

-Digi