Forum Upgrade

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    entropy wrote:
    Couple things I noticed, not to pester you, Shorty.

The block of space between different sections is gone. I couldn't figure out why the main page was itching at my mind so much, and I think that's it. Also, the bar separating stickies from regular threads is gone (unless you already covered that... I don't really know).
    I need to explain more (preferably with pictures), so I can understand your request :)
    edited December 2005
    What about the stickies? And the SVT Forum?
    Stickies are 50/50%. It is felt that seperating the stickies means they get missed. I am going to highlight/bold the sticky word instead and see how it goes :)

SVT will be repaired to work as it did today :)
  • edited December 2005
    I can't get new posts to work at all, the only way I can check new posts is to hit quick links.

Otherwise I hit new posts and the page just scrolls to the bottom.
    edited December 2005
    madmat wrote:
    I can't get new posts to work at all, the only way I can check new posts is to hit quick links.

Otherwise I hit new posts and the page just scrolls to the bottom.
    Load the Short-Media forums home page and hit F5 to refresh your browser. Chances are you are caching the old javascript :)

I've just tried it in both IE and FireFox. Both are working a-ok :)
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited December 2005
    Um don't know if this has been mentioned but none of the radio buttons work when posting in advanced mode. i.e bold & hyperlink & insert buttons don't work
    edited December 2005
    Jimborae wrote:
    Um don't know if this has been mentioned but none of the radio buttons work when posting in advanced mode. i.e bold & hyperlink & insert buttons don't work
    Il take a look. More than likely you need to clear your browser cache/temp internet files of old js javascript files :)
  • edited December 2005
    Shorty wrote:
    Load the Short-Media forums home page and hit F5 to refresh your browser. Chances are you are caching the old javascript :)

I've just tried it in both IE and FireFox. Both are working a-ok :)

Thanks boss, that cleared it up quicker than it took to read your instructions. :thumbup
    edited December 2005
    madmat wrote:
    Thanks boss, that cleared it up quicker than it took to read your instructions. :thumbup
    Not a problem, glad that worked for you :)
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited December 2005
    Too much complaining and not enough thanks.

Thank you Dan!
    edited December 2005
    DogSoldier wrote:
    Too much complaining and not enough thanks.

Thank you Dan!
    That's ok mate :)

This is only an interim scheme until the MASTER ART GOD has a .psd I can slice up to use for the forum skin :D

Umm.. wonder who that might be :D
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited December 2005
    Thank You :thumbsup:

One more thing: Can we have the smilies back in quick reply?

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Are all images banished to the "IMG View", the itty-bitty picture link? Or do I have a setting wrong?
    edited December 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Are all images banished to the "IMG View", the itty-bitty picture link? Or do I have a setting wrong?
    Thumbnails are now active to help cut down the HUGE page loading times that have started occuring :)

It's a test to see how things go, if the general consensus hate it, il put it back as it was :)
    edited December 2005
    Thank You :thumbsup:

One more thing: Can we have the smilies back in quick reply?

We'l see on smilies :)
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited December 2005
    OK, Thanks Shorty :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Great work, as usual, Shorty.

I like your idea of keeping the stickies and normal threads together, you're right in saying they got missed previously.

I also like the quick reply box that is smilie-free. I can "Go Advanced" if I forget what a particular smilie's code is, but it just seems so much cleaner without them right there on Quick Reply.

I also very much appreciate the persistent read/unread status on the threads.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited December 2005
    Shorty wrote:
    Fixed. It had lost permissions on the folder as it was replaced :)
    Cheers chief! :ukflag:
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited December 2005
    Don't know if I missed it in this thread, but there used to be a "preview" of the first post if you held your cursor over a thread title. Can we have that back?

Thanks for all you do Shorty!
    edited December 2005
    MrBill wrote:
    Don't know if I missed it in this thread, but there used to be a "preview" of the first post if you held your cursor over a thread title. Can we have that back?

Thanks for all you do Shorty!
    I can put that back easy enough, it's a VB option. Didn't think anyone used it anyway ;D

Sorry buddy!
  • edited December 2005
    I just would like to say, Shorty, you kick butt!
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Hey shorty Can I ask a question?

I was wondering if you could help me add the option of sperating Stickeys from regular threads like SM. is there anyway you could send me the code insert for that option?
    edited December 2005
    Hey shorty Can I ask a question?

I was wondering if you could help me add the option of sperating Stickeys from regular threads like SM. is there anyway you could send me the code insert for that option?
    Check PM :)
    edited December 2005
    Your the man! but I would still also liek some help in skinning my forums :) if you ever have a chance to jump on aim :)
    edited December 2005
    Your the man! but I would still also liek some help in skinning my forums :) if you ever have a chance to jump on aim :)
    Over the weekend, Il make some time :)
    edited December 2005
    awesome!
    edited December 2005
    I am on all today! if you have a quick chance!
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited January 2006
    It seems the post formatting icons in quick reply and advanced reply don't work (FireFox - don't know about IE)
    edited January 2006
    Clear your browser cache. You still caching the older javascript :)
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I dont know if this was working before but /me doesnt seem to work now (its been a long time since I tried it but its broke now)
    edited January 2006
    Necropolis wrote:
    I dont know if this was working before but /me doesnt seem to work now (its been a long time since I tried it but its broke now)
    /me doesn't seem to have any problems.. aha!