New Folding Sigs - EVERYONE must update!

Comments

• SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited February 2007
    This is a whole different system mate - I just put it online today ;) Sorry about the timing :o
    I know followed the new sig generator and it didn't work, wouldn't think I was a forum moderator for the UK's only weekly Computer mag.:shakehead ah well I have broken more sigs than enough.:bigggrin:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    I had the same problem. For your personal sig, leave the SMx stuff blank. :)

Gracias! :thumbsup:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    SPIKE09 wrote:
    I know followed the new sig generator and it didn't work, wouldn't think I was a forum moderator for the UK's only weekly Computer mag.:shakehead ah well I have broken more sigs than enough.:bigggrin:
    It says in two or three places that you need to put the [folding_sig1] tag in your signature when you're done for it to work ;) I've added it. :cheers:
    edited February 2007
    @ Prof & Garg - Well I THINK I fixed the problem, but with you guys passing around ghetto fixes I can't tell if it worked or not :p Let me know if you see something like that again. :)
    edited February 2007
    @ Prof & Garg - Well I THINK I fixed the problem, but with you guys passing around ghetto fixes I can't tell if it worked or not :p

So says the guy who keeps duct tape in his PHP toolbox :p
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Let's see if I did it right in Keeb's new generator...

Thanks Keebs for decreasing security holes also.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    test ...I get nothing at all.
  • nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W Member
    edited February 2007
    Kentigern wrote:
    See page 1 post 9 re kentigern
    You need to have "Remember me" checked when you log in to the forums. That creates a cookie, which is what the generator needs to authenticate who you are

Thanks for the help Kentigern and General :)

It's working nicely now

By the way, one more thing that should be noted is that you should only use Internet Explorer to get the new signature done with the new generator :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    Gargoyle wrote:
    So says the guy who keeps duct tape in his PHP toolbox :p
    That's telling him! :D
    edited February 2007
    nonstop301 wrote:
    By the way one more thing that should be noted is that you should only Internet Explorer to get the new signature done :)

That's not true; I work only in Firefox personally. What led you to say this?
    edited February 2007
    I didn't try Firefox General but with Netscape I couldn't get it to show that I was logged in when I selected Remember me. With Internet Explorer there wasn't a problem :)
    I only assumed Firefox might present a similar difficulty
    edited February 2007
    csimon wrote:
    test ...I get nothing at all.
    Could you try it again and let me know exactly what you did and what happened? I'm looking in the database; no code got entered for you :-/
    edited February 2007
    nonstop301 wrote:
    with Netscape I couldn't get it to show that I was logged in when I selected Remember me.
    Oh, OK. I don't generally test in Netscape; I don't even have it on my system :-/
    edited February 2007
    No worries :)

The main thing is it's working nicely and most people have Internet Explorer and Firefox so they will not run into any big problems when they follow the directions :)
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited February 2007
    It says in two or three places that you need to put the [folding_sig1] tag in your signature when you're done for it to work ;) I've added it. :cheers:
    Thanks and didn't notice the obvious mentions might need to cut down on the caffeine.:confused:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Could you try it again and let me know exactly what you did and what happened? I'm looking in the database; no code got entered for you :-/

edit:\ I see what I did wrong now ...I had the page break on a seperate line and that must have made it all wonkers.

Thanks Keebs! :csimon:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    test...this just a test...if this had been a real emergencies...General Keebs would not be here...he would be far far away...most likely mexico...with profdlp...and alot of tequilla...this is just a test...

>edit...guess im not the sharpest spoon the drawer...i dont get it...do i just put [folding_sig1] and [folding_sig2] in my signature and it works?
    edited February 2007
    Yes, and it was working, except the "Show Signature" box was un-ticked on that post for some reason :)
    edited February 2007
    Yes, and it was working, except the "Show Signature" box was un-ticked on that post for some reason :)

weird...cool that is works now thanx...
    edited February 2007
    Or [folding_sig1][folding_sig2] if you want to remove the line break.
    edited February 2007
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Or [folding_sig1][folding_sig2] if you want to remove the line break.

i luv this place!
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Very Nice! Good Job!
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2007
    Sig test
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited February 2007
    Test
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited February 2007
    Test2
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    That's weird... When a user changed his sig, it changed it for all his posts. Why does Clutch's not appear in one then show up in another?
    edited February 2007
    Looks like his sig is turned off in the first post. I don't see the short line that's usually above a sig.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    The "show signature" box was unchecked for his first post.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Ok, created sig
    added [folding_sig1]
    made sure that sig display was on
    I get nothing
    What did I miss?
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited February 2007
    sig test