Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    Uh i need some points for soldier on soldier action. I just left a game cause i was pwned by this one soldier every time we went one on one.

The first thing to do is make sure the other soldier is not me. If not, then you stand a chance so keep reading... :wink:

Seriously though, you've played enough soldier to know what circumstances leave the soldier at a disadvantage, just use that on your opponent (i.e. use clever footwork to get them into a corner where splash damage is unavoidable). I try to fire very few rockets when I am going soldier on soldier, avoid their rockets as best I can (hopefully until they have fired their 4) and either catch them on the reload or time a few rockets right at their feet while they come down from their predictable jumping-while-firing rhythm that most soldiers seem to have ingrained into their subconscious. Above all, never forget that you have a shotgun and a shovel. Soldier duels are often in close quarters and can be quickly ended with a shotgun to the chest.

Works for me most the time, but I'm sure others will have some suggestions. I'm half the soldier I used to be. :tongue:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I don't know if they've secretly updated the scout but I'm on the receiving end of a lot of crits. More than usual.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    Uh i need some points for soldier on soldier action. I just left a game cause i was pwned by this one soldier every time we went one on one.
    Keep jumping and firing as mas0n said. Don't wait for your soldier to reload his rockets; immediately pull out your shotgun and shoot him. Then when he is reloading, do the same.
  • CaffranCaffran Kansas City Member
    edited June 2008
    Can we play some thing more that Dust Bowl and Gold Rush. Good maps but they are the only ones we play.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    we played hydro last night, I would like us to get back to warpath. And mas0n if i see you as soldier i will do the same thing that i did last night and blow you up, thats my two step guide for killing you check name tag and explode.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    we played hydro for almost 45 minutes last night, and granary and 2fort, as well as snofort.

But yeah, dustbowl and goldrush are popular requests right now
    edited June 2008
    We have some other really fun maps like PL Dustbowl that we never play. It would be fun to see some of the other maps we have.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    SNOFORT! NEED MORE SNOFORT!!!
    edited June 2008
    Oh also moonwalk!! NEED MOONWALK!!
    edited June 2008
    we definitely need more moonwalk, that's for damned sure.
    edited June 2008
    I never got the chance to play pl_dustbowl or cp_aqua or moonwalk. i really liked playing snofort; love that map.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    This is the thread this was supposed to go into:

I think we need to set up a map rotation that we like. The reason that we seem to play the same maps over and over is because there are some standard maps, like Well, that people seem to like little enough that when we see them, we change to a map we know we like, like Gold Rush. Unfortunately, this means that we rarely play the maps that we like, but which are not favorites.
    edited June 2008
    Aqua kind of annoys the crap out of me, and yes, we need to talk about teh maps rotashuns.
  • Mr--Amazing--_-Mr--Amazing--_- Deltona, FL
    edited June 2008
    I AM THE ULTIMATE SCOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MuahahahahahHAHAH!HhahahHWSHAHAHHHEH1!!!!!!!!~!!!!!
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I AM THE ULTIMATE SCOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MuahahahahahHAHAH!HhahahHWSHAHAHHHEH1!!!!!!!!~!!!!!

:coffee: good for you.
    edited June 2008
    It's AMAZING....

No seriously. Mr. Amazing. :p

Welcome to the forums, MR AMAZING
    edited June 2008
    YO!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Can we please not change maps every 3 min? As resident n00b to the IC server, I'd like to learn the maps.
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for the welcome prime ^_^..... also... I'd have to agree with this buddy j guy... the maps do switch a bit to fast which can be annoying.... like, for instance... sometimes i'll be in a map that i love to play offense on but i get stuck defending for three rounds and then the map changes and i'm sad :( lol.... but it's still my favorite server regardless of map changing because of the people <3 ^_^
    edited June 2008
    Badlands, Granary, Well.... they're teh be5t m4ps ev4r
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Real posts, sweet! Welcome Mr. Amazing ^_^!
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited June 2008

lies. Welcome to the forum. Yet another tf2 convert.
    edited June 2008
    Oh haaay Mr. Amazing.
    edited June 2008
    If youre being serious, i dont know if you are or not, i have to disagree. I HATE those maps. Goldrush, Dustbowl, and Gravelpit ftw.:D
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited June 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    If youre being serious, i dont know if you are or not, i have to disagree. I HATE those maps. Goldrush, Dustbowl, and Gravelpit ftw.:D

QFT.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I have to agree those 3 are amazing!
  • MezzanineMezzanine Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    You played SNOFORT?! I can't believe I missed that!
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Anyone playing on Father's Day? Seems a perfect opportunity to kill...er honor Fathers!
    edited June 2008
    Maybe I will play today :)
    edited June 2008
    The Pyro is this week the 19th.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=1932