Who are you?

Comments

• witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited October 2006
    :eek:

if you're not familiar with computer repair, try buying a can of compressed air, taking the outside panels off and blowing it out in the garage!
    :woowoo: In the garage!! Why did I never think of that? :shakehead WOW are we off topic! Jack
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Ok, we strayed off course enough. This is the "Who Are You Thread." Although cleaning a computer is near and dear to my heart, enough about that here. :)
  • ThermalfishThermalfish Melbourne, Australia
    edited October 2006
    Hi, Im Ondy from Melbourne, Australia (though originally from Perth. Hi Perthlings). I work as a graphic designer, and lecture Audio Engineering and Multimedia.
    The site's forums have really helped me out the past few weeks, so I thought Id better become a member.
    Got two Athlon64 systems at home ready to start folding once I figure out scheduling.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Welcome aboard everyone! :)
  • Datsun-1600Datsun-1600 Sydney.au
    edited October 2006
    Hi, Im Ondy from Melbourne, Australia (though originally from Perth. Hi Perthlings). I work as a graphic designer, and lecture Audio Engineering and Multimedia.
    The site's forums have really helped me out the past few weeks, so I thought Id better become a member.
    Got two Athlon64 systems at home ready to start folding once I figure out scheduling.
    Welcome aboard, and will be folding to.:clap::clap::clap:

To add the catch cry:

Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Datsun 1600
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    WOW... We've got quite a few Aussie's on board!!!! Welcome!!!! :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    :ausflag: :ausflag: :ausflag: :ausflag: :ausflag: :ausflag: :ausflag: :ausflag:

attachment.php?attachmentid=7435&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=15511&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=7435&stc=1
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    aussie aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

welcome to the team everyone.
  • edited October 2006
    Welcome to the board!

Us Aussies seem to be taking over! :honoes:
  • rachaelrachael saaaf of the river
    edited October 2006
    hello, i'm rachael :)

i joined back in 2004, very taken with the idea of f@h. my notebook, however, was fazed and i never managed to turn in even a single WU :-/

having recently got a new computer, and a new lease of (geek)life, i am pleased to be able to report that the elusive first WU should be mine by breakfast tomorrow (fingers crossed).

see you tomorrow,

rachael
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    rachael wrote:
    hello, i'm rachael :)

i joined back in 2004, very taken with the idea of f@h. my notebook, however, was fazed and i never managed to turn in even a single WU :-/

having recently got a new computer, and a new lease of (geek)life, i am pleased to be able to report that the elusive first WU should be mine by breakfast tomorrow (fingers crossed).

see you tomorrow,

rachael

woohoo! thanks!:fold:
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited October 2006
    once you get that wu turned in Rachael, be sure to get you a nifty folding sig like we have. Thanks for folding.
    edited October 2006
    Welcome Rachael!!! :clap:
    edited October 2006
    cheers guys!

looks like breakfast just got three hours earlier... assuming the estimation is reliable. i guess it depends if i watch tv tonight.

laters.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    cool beans, welcome to the team
    edited October 2006
    WU hoo!

1 down... you gotta start somewhere!
  • ThermalfishThermalfish Melbourne, Australia
    edited October 2006
    Hah me too ;)
    edited October 2006
    Once you hit 1,000 points (and it'll come sooner than you may think), keep an eye on the Notable Milestones Forum. You'll be honored there in front of the whole team - and on the front page of the general forum, too. :D
  • FaynorFaynor Clinton, IA
    edited November 2006
    Hi. My name is Charles. I'd like to start off by saying that I've been a big fan of projects such as this one. I can't recall a date, but I use to participate in the Seti@home project with a few friends, and we rounded up quite a group to sink quite a bit of time into that.

I recently just floated across this place, while i was checking out a way to remove a piece of spyware my computer had gotten over the weeks. Well anyhow, here I am here.. I plan to do my part. I've got the system all set up for running as a service and it's on its way.

A little about myself. I'm 26 years old. I live in Clinton, IA.. I might as well just say IOWA, because no one is going to know the town. Anyhow. I've been into computers since I was about 16, and the past 10 years I've done absolutely nothing. I believe if I've always been on a dedicated connection, why not make some use for it. And you've given me that answer.

If anyone wants to know more about me, then just ask. I may post more as I think about it, but I like to keep things simple.
    edited November 2006
    Charles, thanks for taking the time post and THANK YOU for joining Team 93, Short-Media. It's now YOUR team!

Let us know if there's any way we can help you, with Folding@Home or any other computer pursuit. You will find our team challenging, fun, and friendly.

Leo
  • jhenryjhenry California's Wine Country
    edited November 2006
    Nice to meet you Charles
    edited November 2006
    Charles... Welcome to the best folding family. :celebrate
  • RedDragonRedDragon CASSELBERRY, FL.
    edited November 2006
    Hi I'm Jared Mudry. I work night shift at WAL-MART. i'm 21 I heard about u guys from my dad DogDragon and that's it
    edited November 2006
    Hi Jared. Thank you for joining our team.
    edited November 2006
    Welcome to the FUN bunch. :D
    edited November 2006
    !!!!~Welcome~!!!!
    :headbange
  • ShalimarShalimar Touching the Stars
    edited November 2006
    Jared, Welcome to our crazy corner on the web. :)

Shal
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2006
    Welcome Jared. A Dragon of ANY sorts is a good thing.:)
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited December 2006
    Hey guys,

I just started folding. I have been a member for awhile and have received a lot of good advice and help, so thanks.

I am a loan officer for Zions Bank in Utah. I am working toward becoming a physician's assistant.

About one year ago I bought a computer for my wife and I to do digital photography work. I started having problems and had troubles getting help with it. I decided that I would figure it out myself. After a few months I decided that I would build one myself. Now I have so much fun keeping up with tech and continue to build computers for friends and family. Saved a friend $2000 on a computer that he was going to buy from Alienware.

Anyhow, nice to meet you!

Radio91P
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    welcome! nice machine.