Travian - Browser Based Game

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I'm in the game... Crazy Joe is my name... I'm at -82, 132
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited February 2008
    I thought I had it rough. I guess because I have yet to retaliate is why I have only been pillaged and not decimated. I want to send enough troops to obliterate-not irritate-the guys that have been pillaging me. I will wait in the shadows . . . slowly, but steadily, building my kingdom into a mighty force to be reckoned with and then BOOM. Hell hath no furry like a 'freak scorned! :D

My stats:
    Population: 191/521

Wood resources at levels 3, 3, 4, 7
    Clay resources at levels 4, 5, 5, 5
    Iron resources at levels: 4, 4, 5, 7
    Wheat resources at levels 1, 1, 3, 3, 4, 7

Main building: level 9 (constructing level 10 as I type)
    Granary: level 5
    Warehouse: level 7
    Embassy: level 4
    Marketplace: level 2
    Rally Point: level 2
    Cranny 1: level 10
    Cranny 2: level 4
    Palace: level 3
    Stonemason: level 2
    Academy: level 5
    Barracks: level 4
    Armory: level 4
    Flour Mill: level 1
    Hero's Mansion: level 1
    Blacksmith: level 1
    City Wall: level 9

Anyone else care to share stats?
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Uh... I have yet another guy (and his alliance) on my butt. It's been nice knowing you. Bye... :sawed:

So I attacked a guy that had been snooping around. Does he message me, nope one of his thugs does and "asks" that I re-pay what I stole plus pay for his dead army AND a bit extra to learn my lesson.

I played nice until he popped the bill. I playfully indicated that I could not/ would not pay the ransom. Does he message me back, nope. THE head of their alliance sends this message...

Oh, and three armies are coming. Again... nice knowing you. I sent my army to camp with Felix. Some day I will settle down in a calmer area... :(

-Lord Q
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Q, you're a member of IC, which means you have an alliance with Panther. Panther is allied with half of the uk Jato groups. Tell these guys to sod off. They shouldn't be attacking the allies of their allies.

I sent a note to Knutsford or whatever his name is and asked him if it's wise to attack the ally of your allies?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    omg TRAVIAN is turning out to be SRS BZNS! :eek2:
    edited February 2008
    Invite me to {IC} plz!!
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2008
    Would take a bit long to write up my stats.. But here are a few..

Village 1: - Pupulation: 2635/7598<table><tbody><tr><td>
    </td> <td>Wood:</td><td align="right">5393 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Clay:</td><td align="right">5486 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Iron:</td><td align="right">5321 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Wheat:</td><td align="right">4963 </td><td>per hour</td></tr></tbody></table>Troops:<table class="f10"><tbody><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 402</td><td>Imperians</td></tr><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 52</td><td>Equites Legati</td></tr><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 11</td><td>Equites Imperatoris</td></tr><tr><td>
    </td><td align="right"> 4</td><td>Fire Catapults
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Village 2 - Popluation: 764/5636
    <table><tbody><tr><td>Wood:</td><td align="right">3281 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Clay:</td><td align="right">3761 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Iron:</td><td align="right">2813 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Wheat:</td><td align="right">4872 </td><td>per hour</td></tr></tbody></table>Troops:<table class="f10"><tbody><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 1</td><td>Hero</td></tr><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 251</td><td>Legionnaires</td></tr><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 2</td><td>Equites Legati</td></tr><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 34</td><td>Macemen</td></tr><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 11</td><td>Spearmen</td></tr><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 3</td><td>Axemen</td></tr><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 4</td><td>Scouts</td></tr></tbody></table> (Some are QCH's troops).

Village 3 - population: 228/975

<table><tbody><tr><td>Wood:</td><td align="right">1358 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Clay:</td><td align="right">1560 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Iron:</td><td align="right">1418 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Wheat:</td><td align="right">747 </td><td>per hour</td></tr></tbody></table>Troops:<table class="f10"><tbody><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 5</td><td>Equites Legati</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Village 4 - Population: 228/975

<table><tbody><tr><td>Wood:</td><td align="right">1358 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Clay:</td><td align="right">1560 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Iron:</td><td align="right">1418 </td><td>per hour</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td>Wheat:</td><td align="right">747 </td><td>per hour</td></tr></tbody></table>Troops:<table class="f10"><tbody><tr><td></td><td align="right"> 5</td><td>Equites Legati</td></tr></tbody></table>
    SORRY it's a bit messy!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I...... survived. Actually, the three waves were just raids. Since I moved my troops then spent everything. He got nothing. This morning, I received the following message...

You attack me, and then I recieve a mail suggesting you are my ally?

I suggest you return what you raided and we can clear things up.

If you do not, I can only assume it to be a declaration of war from your group.

AND then this one...

smith639 wrote:

A goalless draw after all. Good drills on spending and sending, at least my troops did not have to strain carrying sacks of booty back with them.

You come across as a mature and sensible person, a breath of fresh air compared to some of the barely literate idiots that abound. Our exchange of IGMs was posted on our private (ARRSE) forum, where others felt the same.

ARRSE is the Army Rumour SErvice, the unofficial forumof the British Army with over 38,000 members. Our Travian clan therefore tend to be mature in age, attitude and behaviour, and we have been playing Travian now for about four weeks. We have recently allied with a few high ranking alliances to form the UK Jato Coalition.

Yours is an odd alliance in that it is non-aligned. You could do much worse than consider joining the UK Jato Coalition, and I have been asked to suggest this. UK Jato Coalition is an alliance in the pure sense, no 'taxes', as we are all established, and a willingness to monitor our membership and respond to acts of aggression against them, and to support them in becoming established and developed.

Please pass this message up your chain of command, as it would be a pleasure and mutually beneficial to welcome your alliance into the fold.

Good luck and happy gaming.

No thanks needed... :-)

Oh, I see you have some folk coming my way. I don't remember a carnival this week... Well, we like guests. Make yourselves at home. Unfortunately, our barracks are empty and we're short on supplies.

Have fun...

You Soon-To-Be Host,
    - Lord Q

PS... Man talk about sticking my paw into a bee's nest. Lesson learned...
    edited February 2008
    My stats:
    Population: 194/563

Wood resources at levels 9,4 (513)
    Clay resources at levels 9,4 (513) (almost ready for lvl10)
    Iron resources at levels: 9,5 (547)
    Wheat resources at levels: 8,4 (295)

Main building: 5
    Granary: 9
    Warehouse: 10
    Embassy: 1
    Marketplace: 1
    Rally Point: 3
    Cranny 1: 10
    Cranny 2: 10
    Cranny 3: 10
    Cranny 4: 10
    Cranny 5: 10
    Palace: 2
    Academy: 5
    Barracks: 5
    Stable: 2
    Armory: 4
    Blacksmith: 3
    Flour Mill: 1
    Hero's Mansion: 3
    Earth Wall: 10

I have 34 Macemen (lvl2), 11 Spearmen, 3 Axemen, 4 scouts(lvl1), and a hero.
    edited February 2008
    I did the math and it's actually better to increase all your resource production fields to Level 1, then all to Level 2, then all to level 3, etc... I can send you guys the numbers if you want...
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Q, Q, Q. You went out the gates fighting. Not a good idea if you don't know the game. Even I saw the ridiculous amount of Alliances around and how big they were. IMHO, you don't even that much resource production to build that big of an army. You still should be defending against raids. Build up your wall and spend your resources when you're being raided.

Aside from that, did you lose anything? Soldiers lost or buildings damaged?
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited February 2008
    Lol Q, that was a pretty funny story. Glad to hear you came out OK!

Can I get an invitation to {IC}? Anyone?

EDIT: Thanks for the info, CJ.
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited February 2008
    Can I get an invite to {IC}? kthxbye!
    edited February 2008
    Actually, I didn't loose anything in the battle. I'm gonna pay him back 2500 of each resource to keep the peace. I'm beginning to really understand that there are so many alliances out there that are aligned with each other it tough to navigate the villages. Also, I'm not likely to pull alliances into a small squabble. If someone attacks me and their close to my size, I'll managed them or ask for some resources but not ask a big ally to step in. I was getting man-handled by a big guy, I DID ask for some help. That's what I expect from an alliance.

Joe, please send me those numbers about resources. I NOW have a level 10 resource and THAT was a huge jump. 435 to 600.

As for the "out the gate" thing... I got so man handled from the start, I kind of got the impression that I NEEDED to do that to survive. Also, being a Teuton, the "manual" indicates that these guys need to be more offense then defense.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited February 2008
    So I take it this game gets more interesting once the three day grace period ends and you join an alliance.
    Right now I check it every two hours or so..usually have enough to upgrade one thing..then that's it.
    :sawed:
    edited February 2008
    I just told some jerk that keeps raiding me to pay it all back plus 10%! :D:D:D
    Let's see how that goes over! Good thing I only have one village . . . they can't take it away when it's all you have. I guess they can destroy it all though which would be almost as bad.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    a2jfreak wrote:
    I just told some jerk that keeps raiding me to pay it all back plus 10%! :D:D:D
    Let's see how that goes over! Good thing I only have one village . . . they can't take it away when it's all you have. I guess they can destroy it all though which would be almost as bad.

There's this term called "farming". If that jerk has some friends and those friends happen to be in an alliance, they'll make your life a living hell or so I've heard.

I'm currently upgrading my resources so that when I get enough, I'll build a good enough army and good defense.
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited February 2008
    If you message the people and politely ask them to stop 90% of the time they do.. Just say ur new and trying to enjoy the game or something :)

Broady did it and the person who was 'Farming' him has stopped.

Indeed, I asked nicely and they gave me their word not to continue :smiles: Can't complain at that :bigggrin: I should be starting a second village soon :cool2: If anyone need help just give me a shout too :tongue:
    edited February 2008
    He's in an alliance. He's raiding me like made though. He needs to stop. Telling him to repay what he's stolen plus give me compensation for all the time it has set me back is not asking too much. If it pisses him off, oh well. If it makes him and his friends raid me. Oh well . . . not like he (and others) haven't been raiding my resources all their hearts desired anyway. My army will grow. Once it is huge I will attack. Right now I'm just telling him to repay it all and give me some compensation for his thievery! Hey, consider it interest on a loan . . . I don't care.
    Black Hawk wrote:
    There's this term called "farming". If that jerk has some friends and those friends happen to be in an alliance, they'll make your life a living hell or so I've heard.

I'm currently upgrading my resources so that when I get enough, I'll build a good enough army and good defense.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Rick, I did invite you but the invitation has gone unaccepted.

Are you sure it's "FATE"?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I just started saying hello to all my neighbors who look like they're actually playing and don't look like jerks. Still have a day and a half until my protection expires but I figured it might be nice to have friendly people nearby.
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited February 2008
    Finally going to have an embassy in ~7 minutes
    I didn't realize I had to have one in order to get an invite..and here I thought I was being ignored :D
    Day one is over..level 3 of each resource, level 4 main building, level 2 warehouse, level 1 granary, cranny, and soon embassy
    edited February 2008
    Is there a way to increase the rate at which you gain population or is it just automatic?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Is there a way to increase the rate at which you gain population or is it just automatic?
    It's based on your # of buildings, I think.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited February 2008
    Rick, I did invite you but the invitation has gone unaccepted.

Are you sure it's "FATE"?

Weird... I don't have any messages or reports or anything like that.

EDIT: Oops! Didn't realize you had to click into the embassy to see invites. Thanks!
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2008
    The number of buildings and their level determines your population, but trust me, having HIGH population does not make you good! Troops do! ;) As I just found out attached!
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    just got this:
    Following a recent interchange with your alliance member gch2002, I have been asked to make a formal introduction of our alliance, UK JatoD, which is comprised wholly of members of ARRSE.

ARRSE is the ARmy Rumour SErvice, the unofficial forum of the British Army, with over 38,000 members. Our Travian clan therefore tend to be mature in age, attitude and behaviour, and we have been playing Travian now for about four weeks. We have recently allied with a few high ranking alliances to form the UK Jato Coalition.

Yours is an odd alliance in that it is non-aligned. You could do much worse than consider joining the UK Jato Coalition, and I have been asked to suggest this. UK Jato Coalition is an alliance in the pure sense, no 'taxes', as we are all established, and a willingness to monitor our membership and respond to acts of aggression against them, and to support them in becoming established and developed.

Please consider allying with the UK Jato Coalition, as it would be both a pleasure and mutually beneficial to welcome your alliance into the fold.

Good luck and happy gaming.
    edited February 2008
    I got the same message...
    edited February 2008
    The number of buildings and their level determines your population, but trust me, having HIGH population does not make you good! Troops do! ;) As I just found out attached!

So what does population mean then? Do you get more resource production by having a higher population?
    edited February 2008
    Population indicates big infrastructure (not necessarily a well built one). People means you have lots of buildings. Broady and I started 9 hrs a part. We were close for days then I stopped building and built an army. His population flew and mine didn't. Yesterday I started to work on my resources and small stuff and NOT an army, I'm catching back up.

As for the alliance with the UK Juno alliances is a good idea. They seem like good guys and they have a head on their shoulders. Prime, oh mighty leader, can we join into an alliance with them?
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Got the same message. They sound like a nice group to be friends with.

Also, Knutsford said it's standard practice to list your allies and NAP buddies in your alliance's info page. We should probably do that.