Travian - Browser Based Game

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    agreed... We should list them. I wondered if that was automatic or not.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Well I'm slowly building up... It sure is slow buildup at first waiting for resources...
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited February 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Population indicates big infrastructure (not necessarily a well built one). People means you have lots of buildings. Broady and I started 9 hrs a part. We were close for days then I stopped building and built an army. His population flew and mine didn't. Yesterday I started to work on my resources and small stuff and NOT an army, I'm catching back up.

Indeed qch2002, I have a very minute army compared to yourself :wink: I just realised today how close you actually are so if you need any backup or reinforcements just give us a shout :bigggrin: Same with all of you really
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Those letters are a huge turnoff for me. I'm not nearly that involved in this game. If those are the kind of people who are playing at the high level, I'm already planning my exit. I should hand over control of the alliance to someone who is going to be really involved.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2008
    There is a whole bunch of people who are like that within the game, some people just can't help themselves!
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited February 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Well I'm slowly building up... It sure is slow buildup at first waiting for resources...

I know all about it. Two days down, one to go :eek:

Yeah I wasn't sure how hardcore people would be in this game..apparently pretty hardcore!

If anybody can spare it, I would love 100 clay :)
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited February 2008
    I really like Travian. I initially registered on the UK-site not even bothering to see if there was a US-site. The exchange rate for the dollar compared to the GB Pound and the Euro makes purchasing gold too expensive on the UK-site. I just registered on the US-site to see what gold costs are, and it's much more reasonable. I think I will exit the UK-site once I get my village built-up on the US-site. Is there anyway I can hand over my village to another player? I would be willing to give my village to anyone on {IC} if I do exit. Of course, I would give FelixDeSouze first chance since he is the reason I found out about Travian.
    edited February 2008
    Sent!
    If anybody can spare it, I would love 100 clay :)
    edited February 2008
    Hey, don't worry about giving me anything! Not sure about account transfer, would probably be best to inform staff though as then they have you logged as transfered.. Maybe contact them initially as well! :)
    edited February 2008
    You'll get the 20 extra gold because I will have a population greater than 250. I just don't want to quit and not let someone take over my village. I'm not a big resource producer (yet), but I have many buildings and most of them are fairly well developed. I hate to leave and not let someone else benefit, but I also would like to be able to afford gold. Buying 600 at a time is definitely the best deal, but with the exchange rate as it is I would spend around $50 USD for 600 gold whereas I can purchase 600 gold on the US-site for $25! Quite the difference.
    Hey, don't worry about giving me anything! Not sure about account transfer, would probably be best to inform staff though as then they have you logged as transfered.. Maybe contact them initially as well! :)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    FWIW, I bought the 600 gold package and it only cost $29USD.
    edited February 2008
    I just checked the exchange rate and you're correct Black Hawk. I guess the dollar has risen in recent weeks or the Euro has declined because last I checked (though perhaps I am mistaken) it took noticeably more than $2 USD to equal $1 Euro.

I guess when talking exchange rates one should always look them up rather than going on info months old. It's good, though, because with all the news talking about how the dollar has slid so much lately it's nice to know it hasn't. Lying media!
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited February 2008
    Ok, now I'm a bit confused. I thought the whole point of this was a fun free game that doesn't care about the hardware under the hood. What is gold for in this game and why are people buying it?
    edited February 2008
    It allows:

Sorting of searches when "buying" resources.
    Queuing of building to a higher level (especially handy when builds take a long time and you don't want to or are unable to monitor your village(s)).
    Allows you to increase production of resources by 25%.
    Other things. Check out the benefits on http://speed.travian.co.uk/plus.php?id=2
    TheGr81 wrote:
    Ok, now I'm a bit confused. I thought the whole point of this was a fun free game that doesn't care about the hardware under the hood. What is gold for in this game and why are people buying it?
    edited February 2008
    All I've done since yesterday is build up my other resources...

This are my stats from yesterday morning. So in a bit over 36 hours.

My stats:
    Population: 272/1444

Wood resources at levels 10,5,5,5 (1121)
    Clay resources at levels 10,5,5,5 (1121)
    Iron resources at levels: 9,5,5,5 (915)
    Wheat resources at levels: 10,5,5,5 (1172)

Main building: 5
    Granary: 11
    Warehouse: 11
    Embassy: 1
    Marketplace: 1
    Rally Point: 3
    Cranny 1: 10
    Cranny 2: 10
    Cranny 3: 10
    Cranny 4: 10
    Cranny 5: 10
    Palace: 2
    Academy: 5
    Barracks: 5
    Stable: 2
    Armory: 4
    Blacksmith: 3
    Flour Mill: 1
    Hero's Mansion: 3
    Earth Wall: 10

I almost have a lvl 1 Maceman Hero... Maybe tomorrow. Oh, and for an army. 6 macemen and 3 scouts. That's it. Just building resources. Tomorrow, I build an army.
    edited February 2008
    I'm actually thinking of giving up my account, I'm getting into games again (ones which take more time) and I don't think I have the time for it.

So if a2jfreak has found any info on account tansfer I will hand mine over to the first guy/gal to PM ME here on IC! :)
    edited February 2008
    Keebler got in there first!
    edited February 2008
    I read somewhere that it is possible to transfer an account... I will look into it further ;)

EDIT: http://www.travian.co.uk/spielregeln.php
    Not explained very clearly I didn't think, but it's there in the first point :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Population: 81

Wood: 6,3,1,1 (281)
    Clay: 6,3,2,1 (296)
    Iron: 5,3,1,1 (218)
    Wheat: 6,3,1,1,1,1 (238)

Main building: 6 (upgrading to 7 next)
    Granary: 3 (upgrading to 4 right now)
    Warehouse: 4
    Embassy: 1
    Cranny: 10

Just about to lose protection any minute now :eek3:
    edited February 2008
    Originally Posted by Jammy
    You can by emailing the plus support center and giving both of the id numbers of the accounts you wish to transfer between.

See this post for more info...
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    broady81 wrote:
    I read somewhere that it is possible to transfer an account... I will look into it further ;)
    It's rule 1.1
    edited February 2008
    Keebler wrote:

Aha! I see, Keebler.. You will you PM me the email you used to join with and I'll sort it out. You must get rid of your current Account as well. That ok?
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Seldia
    132/130
    Teutons :D
    edited February 2008
    Wow Keebs..you and I started the same day yet you are way ahead of me :eek:

I lose protection in about an hour I think
    edited February 2008
    Okay so I'm already being attacked. He's in the uk JatoD alliance..which has a NAP with Panther..which has an alliance with {IC}...so what do I do? :confused:
    edited February 2008
    build a cranny
    build a city wall
    build an army
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Okay so I'm already being attacked. He's in the uk JatoD alliance..which has a NAP with Panther..which has an alliance with {IC}...so what do I do? :confused:

Message him and state this.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    How do I join the {IC} alliance? :D
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    The Trickster
    TrickyTown
    edited February 2008
    You've both got invites winging their way to you :)