The FINAL final Short-Media LAN #1 Thread

Comments

• edited March 2004
    DogSoldier wrote:
    You're right Al, name tags would be cool. I'll design some SM Lan name tags. Ideally, they should be laminated so we could keep them as mementos.

We were planning on doing this originally. The nametags would contain your REAL name, your SM name, and your avatar.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Every attendee will get a t-shirt.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    grrrr...... I wonder if I can "slip out" for a few hours (24 to 36 hr) and not be missed??? Why, oh, why must this world be soooo cruel.
  • Omatic810Omatic810 Gainesville, FL
    edited March 2004
    I don't want to fly out to Michigan to meet some guys I don't know for 2 days of endless lan play (even though it sounds great), so I'll happily participate if you gimmie the games ur playing and on what servers. I'll be available to administer cans of whoop-ass to anyone willing, I've got plenty.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited March 2004
    I regret to inform you that the coffee shop is indeed a coca-cola shop, and thus does not carry Mountain Dew.

I'll talk to him about this. Basically, he's a businessman through and through - any compromise will have to come with the fact that he's interested in making as much money as possible from coffee/coke/food purchases. I'm about 90% sure that if I told him there would be a huge demand for mountain dew, he might figure out some scam to all the sudden be able to provide mt. dew for us, as long as he's still making money. Like I said, us being there is a source of revenue for him, and he's gotta make sure that it's gonna be worth it for him to keep the place open 24/7 for a weekend, and make up for the fee he normally gets from the bible study group that he's going to boot for us. I think pop sales are going to be a significant portion of that income for him, and if we ask him to let us bring our own Dew, that might cut into his potential quite a bit.

I'll see if he can get it.

Yeah, I understand he's a business man and that he's doing us a favor. I've got NO problems with this whatsoever. Just saying he might make MORE money if he bought roughly 10 cases of mt. dew. :vimp:
  • MizugoriMizugori NYC
    edited March 2004
    and then there's those of us who live in Connecticut...lol I get the impression I won't be going lmao; hf though
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited March 2004
    You pick the weekend and I will be there prime. I can't wait to meet everyone, yah!!!!
    edited March 2004
    Clutch, can you re-confirm via PM? Thanks :)
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited March 2004
    Every attendee will get a t-shirt.

w00t a t-shirt! That is teh pwn!
    McBain wrote:
    Yeah, I understand he's a business man and that he's doing us a favor. I've got NO problems with this whatsoever. Just saying he might make MORE money if he bought roughly 10 cases of mt. dew.

Only 10 cases? Some how I don't see that lasting us more than 15 minutes. Lets just hire a Mountain Dew tanker truck to park out front. Then I can use an IV to hook it straight into my veins. After that let the good times roll!

Norge
  • MizugoriMizugori NYC
    edited March 2004
    hmmm or bawls perhaps?
    edited March 2004
    I don't think Bawls is a michigan thing. I could be wrong, but I have never, ever seen it anywhere....
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I would go with Mt. Dew. It's more for the money.
    edited March 2004
    So, nobody's excited about the espresso/coffee availability? That's my caffeine fix.. Maybe I'm just an old fart :-/
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2004
    Not a coffee drinker here. I think some of us are a little young to be hardcore coffee drinkers.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    May 28th-30th

I'm not a coffee guy myself... hot chocolate with whip cream is my usual in coffee houses :cool:

May 28th-30th

I'd imagine it will be hard for many to confirm before the weekend is set...

May 28th-30th

/me continues subliminal messages
    May 28th-30th
    May 28th-30th
    May 28th-30th

:ninja:
    edited March 2004
    i don't get it, keebs... What are you trying to say?
    edited March 2004

I'm not a coffee guy myself... hot chocolate with whip cream is my usual in coffee houses :cool:

We should get along just fine bro, One more for the hot chocolate guys :celebrate
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited March 2004
    I will be going
    edited March 2004
    PLUS.. how friggin' cool would it be to have it May 28-30 because that would mark the 1 year anniversary of all those late nights! :bigggrin:
    edited March 2004
    omg you're right.. May 30th is the 1 year anniversary of this site.

oh what a freaking party.
    edited March 2004
    w00t for the May 30 week. So is this the official date? I need to let the boss know that I will be gone. Also I got to get stuff ordered for the stang for the long trip :vimp:
    edited March 2004
    It's not official yet - the vote closes on friday, the 12th
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited March 2004
    Where is the damn thread to vote?

//edit: Nm....found it.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    i can probably go, i just gotta check a few things
    edited March 2004
    BUMP: The votes are in, it's official... The date of the LAN is May 14th-16th.

We will consider this the official Short-Media One Year Anniversary party/SM LAN :) I mean, it's close enough.

May 14th-16th was probably right around the time that icrontic got destroyed.... :(
    edited March 2004
    So now that we have an official date, can everybody who was waiting on the vote please PM me with their confirmation?
    edited March 2004
    Looks like no t-shirt for me. :( Prime, you can either use the money for the LAN if you need it or send it to Marc for the team fund. Let me know either way.
  • edited March 2004
    Did your other one come in yet?

KingFish
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I regret to inform you that the coffee shop is indeed a coca-cola shop, and thus does not carry Mountain Dew.

I'll talk to him about this. Basically, he's a businessman through and through - any compromise will have to come with the fact that he's interested in making as much money as possible from coffee/coke/food purchases. I'm about 90% sure that if I told him there would be a huge demand for mountain dew, he might figure out some scam to all the sudden be able to provide mt. dew for us, as long as he's still making money. Like I said, us being there is a source of revenue for him, and he's gotta make sure that it's gonna be worth it for him to keep the place open 24/7 for a weekend, and make up for the fee he normally gets from the bible study group that he's going to boot for us. I think pop sales are going to be a significant portion of that income for him, and if we ask him to let us bring our own Dew, that might cut into his potential quite a bit.

I'll see if he can get it.

Talk to him about catering some mountain dew, as a side thing... :D Been known to happen....

John D.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited March 2004
    Just confirming that I won't be going anymore :(