The FINAL final Short-Media LAN #1 Thread

1235»

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Shorty wrote:
    Sorry guys, but It's a no-go for me. I simply have too much life stuff going on for the next few months. It's not money related (before prime starts fishing), it's a time factor. I just don't have enough time. :(

When Prime said:
    PrimeGuy wrote:
    Hey Shorty, You really need to get a life... Your love for me is way to confining and I am getting creep'ed out.... besides, long distance relationships hardly ever work... So please... GET A LIFE. <font color=red size=1>restraining order pending</font>

I'm sure he didn't mean it like that..... :D

<font color=blue size=1>Events may or may not have actually occured. People, dates, and facts may have been altered for artistic reasons. Thank you...</font>
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Bump. Sign up!
    edited April 2004
    I will probably be coming and may be bringing 3 friends... Not for sure but I'm working the details with them...
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2004
    What a surprise!

Who'd have thought you had three friends... :p

Sorry! Couldn't resist. :cheers:

I wish I could figure out a way to be there. :(
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited April 2004
    profdlp wrote:
    What a surprise!

Who'd have thought you had three friends... :p

hahah, that was so wrong but funny ;D
    edited April 2004
    Not funny Prof... I paid good money for them to be my friends :rant:

heeee.... I actually have several friends, just not many that are geeks. That's why I'm their friend, they need PC help all the time. :p
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited April 2004
    I don't suppose we could take one night out to watch the playoffs? I'm a Leafs fan, but any bar with a TV, suds and a good playoff game would be ace. Even if it is the Red Wings.
    edited April 2004
    Well, as you can imagine, there are plenty of places that fit THAT description here in "hockeytown" ;D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2004
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Not funny Prof... I paid good money for them to be my friends...
    I'm jealous.

I bought some friends for myself, but they all quit after two days saying that there wasn't enough money in the world for that job. :-/
    edited April 2004
    It not just the money, it's the benefit package... Vac, Medical, Dental, Company Car, Bonuses, etc... I only pay minumum wage.

Also... look into "vertual friends" Fake emails, fake cell calls, imaginary parties.... That's how I got my paid friends to become employees... they thought the job would be eash since I already had so many friends....

Oh... big thing... Have them sign a long-term contract. I start with 2 years then renew for 5 if I like them.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Oh man I wish i could come but i simply cant make it to detroit 2 times in a month from south florida. I will be up there from the 27th-June 2nd ( my b-day ) yea i gotta drive home from michigan on my 21st birthday! that blows
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    i skimmed through this thread and didnt pick up anything about desks of some kind of tables for computers. do we bring are own or is there some places to setup on?
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited April 2004
    We be setting this up on the flo'
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Oh man I wish i could come but i simply cant make it to detroit 2 times in a month from south florida. I will be up there from the 27th-June 2nd ( my b-day ) yea i gotta drive home from michigan on my 21st birthday! that blows

Gnome, just think about touring the country for a Birthday Present, and enjoying the wide variety of tunes on Christian Radio-- Motown Christian radio is different than down here, Kentucky and Tennessee Christian RADIOS are different yet again. SING your way home.... :D Make Sonshine out of gloom, ok??? I know, I would like to be two places at once sometimes also.... SIGH.

John D.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    true true but its all good it my vaction time and i get to spend it in michigan visiting my g/f's family and hoping they except me. Since i agreed to go I made it very clear that if it ends up being a disaster she owes me BIG time. Its not that i dont get to party on my 21st b-day party its that i cant have the LAN party i wanted to have for my 21st b-day party oh well i will post pone it a week :rockon:
    edited April 2004
    Tables and chairs are provided. Just bring your computer and monitor and headphones.
  • oCoMiKoCoMiK Oswego, IL
    edited April 2004
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Not funny Prof... I paid good money for them to be my friends :rant:

heeee.... I actually have several friends, just not many that are geeks. That's why I'm their friend, they need PC help all the time. :p

Now I feel almost obligated to show up. If I don't then they'll all think your dillusional. Come to think of it, I'm not sure my attendance would change that perception.

Respectfuly submitted
    One of Q's many friends

www.ocomik.net
    www.ocomik.net/blog/index.html
  • ze_merovingianze_merovingian de+roi+, via highland park, via MTL
    edited May 2004
    are Apple's welcome?
    edited May 2004
    There are games on Macs?
    edited May 2004
    are Apple's welcome?

I like Granny Smith or Gala or fuji.... Caramel apples are really good too, just no peanuts please.

-qch
  • ze_merovingianze_merovingian de+roi+, via highland park, via MTL
    edited May 2004
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I like Granny Smith or Gala or fuji.... Caramel apples are really good too, just no peanuts please.

-qch

games... on a mac? are there mullets, pick-up trucks, and American flags in Warren, MI. and as far the types of "apples" u like guy, the kinds of "apples" YOU like and the kinky stuff you do with them is yo' biz...
    :eek2: