LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited November 2004 in Folding@Home
SM15 - reelbigfish
last unit: April 22, 2004

SM7 - Wahoogie
last unit: February 12, 2004

SM12 - Film
last unit: October 25, 2003

If any member has a way of contacting (a.k.a. yelling at) any of the above members, please do so and leave the results here. This has gone on entirely too long. These rigs are to be returned to the team immediately for reassignment if any are recovered. Shipping costs will be covered to increase the likelihood of getting them back, since contracts were never signed by any of them.

Go get 'em. :mean:

EDIT:Corrected last wu date on SM7 from 4/2/04--mudd

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    WTF thats wrong!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    *sigh*
    edited July 2004
    i got the pitchforks and the torches who else is gonna join the mob?
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited July 2004
    i join Gnomewizardd Im lighting my tourch now
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2004
    we've been over this before gnome. calm down, unless you know where they are, in which case proceed to stab them vigorously with said pitchfork
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited July 2004
    Does stabbing work with shovels? ;D

That really sucks. I hope you get them back. :(
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd
    apologizes

I tell yas I fold for IC ( due to the fact I kinda work there ) but the passion to help out SM is still there!

But if we do contact them and I get a chance can I stab them with said pitchfork then light them onfire?
    Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    apologizes

I tell yas I fold for IC ( due to the fact I kinda work there ) but the passion to help out SM is still there!

But if we do contact them and I get a chance can I stab them with said pitchfork then light them onfire?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Bud wrote:
    i join Gnomewizardd Im lighting my tourch now

<font size =5 color=red><b>OUCH</b></font> :bawling: Damn that burning pitch... dripped on my hand... again. I cannot even get onto my horse without a burn.... crap!!! :rant: That's gonna leave a mark... and make swinging the sword a b!tch... Oh well... all for God (or Allah, or Stanford... all the same) :rarr:

I hope we get them back or find that they were mistakenly turned off.... we'll see.....
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I'll be around with the boiling tar in a few minutes.
    edited July 2004
    ok and i have the bamboo sheeths to shove up thier finger nails before we burn em
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I hope we get them back or find that they were mistakenly turned off.... we'll see.....
    They are no accident. Film and Wahoogie have given a litany of excuses for months, promising to return the rigs... and nothing. reelbigfish has simply stopped communicating with us.

Look at the dates. IC12 has been offline for over 8 months. The other two have been off for about three.
    edited July 2004
    BTW Gen. Keebler... I though of changing my "user name" to "Captain QCH" or "Sergeant QCH"... what do you think????

Things have been to quite lately with name changes....

How about "Lord QCH"... "King QCH".... "Mighty QCH"
    edited July 2004
    QCH the mighty
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    How about you leave it at QCH2002 so you don't have an ... "Accident."
  • EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
    edited July 2004
    This is depressing, I got a couple buckets of battery acid. This is something that is just plain sad. It hurts the team, it hurts their reputation. I don't understand how people can take something that is not theirs that is suppose to be bettering the team. Hell it is bettering mankind. Thats it now I'm angry, where do they live, angry mob is forming...
    edited July 2004
    ....since contracts were never signed by any of them.

Go get 'em. :mean:

Why weren't the contracts ever signed? I do hope you get those rigs back.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited July 2004
    I don't believe the contracts were created when they were originally given their rigs. If they're already keeping the rigs its unlikely they'd sign a contract :/
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2004
    qparadox wrote:
    I don't believe the contracts were created when they were originally given their rigs. If they're already keeping the rigs its unlikely they'd sign a contract :/

the contracting system was created BECAUSE of the awful behavior of these people who are supposed to be helping out the team
  • Jolyon33Jolyon33 Kalamazoo, MI
    edited July 2004
    You guys got any contact info on these bums?
  • edited July 2004
    I'm presently trying to get in touch again with reelbigfish. I'm about ready to go to Trollhunters on the rest of those sorry-ass thieves. :mean::rarr:

I can't abide a ****ing liar or a ****ing thief! I'm not sure what, if anything, Trollhunters can do about them but at least it will get the word out that these ****suckers can't be trusted! :rant::rarr: They're lucky I've slowed down in my old age and no longer follow the old axiom "Don't get mad, get even" any more.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Hehe this really lights a fire under mudd's ass.

We have been trying to get ahold of these guys for months. Pretty much the contacts we have/had on these guys have changed over the years.

rbf old us in advance that he was going to move and would be giving up the machine to another host several months iun advance. But when it came near he was gone, never to be seen again. His roommate (maybe former roommate) tycho might have information on him if anyone knows him talk to them if you can.

Film: aka Andy Holt of Florida just disappreared on us.

I have no idea what happened to Wahoogie. His so called little brother gave us tons of excuses. You guys should see of the ones he game us.

And dont forget Shenlong who STOLE IC10 and openly said he did. Some people get mixed in with the wrong crowd. I had pretty much set up an alternative host for him (which also turned out to be a horrble choise as well) for when he went to boot camp. Well he didnt quite make it after boot camp if even that, I am not sure anymore. When he did leave, he told NOT ONE OF US.

This is why there are contracts. This is why we dont give out many machines anymore. Pretty much anyone under 18 is out of the question. Not saying some of you guys would do these things but there have been too many bad experiences with hosts under 18.

This is why we REALLY do like it when hosts report in and say the machine will be down for vacation or a move. Thats ok. Some people put a lot of time/effort/MONEY into this project and it really gets the blood flowing in some of us when the people mentioned above take it for granted and steal a DONATION. How low can that be.

I dont know how many of you guys know this but there are teams all over started projects like OURS! As far as we know, we are the first ones to do this. I know there are at least 3 or 4 other teams with a VERY similar project modeled off of our rules. And each time I see a team start something like this I warn them about fscks like the ones mentioned above.

[/rant];)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Point of information, Marc- Wahoogie's brother is the one who came up with all the excuses. I try calling Andy Holt's mother at least once a week and she has yet to return my calls. I'm thinking of writing her a certified letter explaining the situation.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Edited: Too many damn missing machines I got them mixed up.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2004
    I don't personally believe in mobs. Me thinks they will get what they deserve eventually.

For their sake, i hope it's not what we are folding for. Not saying they don't deserve it.

Sure hope those puters will come back to the rightful owners..... SM Team 93.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Short comments:

Reason for the contracts -- as Ronald Reagan said concerning dealing with the Soviets, "Trust, but verify".

It's sad to me that some team members value thievery more than loyalty. Low character will manifest itself in them again in life. Eventually there will be consequences.

The SMX project is alive and well and will continue to thrive!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2004
    The upside is that at least we are going to restore the good names of these noble rigs. What happened to SM10 under old what's-his-name was merely a temporary setback - look at her now. (Thanks again, MrBill! :) )

To continue the good thoughts, we have NINETEEN SMx hosts who are doing a great job. Show me another team that even comes close. :thumbsup:

BTW: The SMx project has contributed over 375,000 points to this great project.
    :celebrate
  • edited July 2004
    To hell with tar, pitchforks, shovels, and fire.
    /me grabs Mossberg 12 gauge with slugs, glock .40, glock 9mm, and Ruger 9mm and prepares to load 'em up
    edited July 2004
    profdlp wrote:
    The upside is that at least we are going to restore the good names of these noble rigs. What happened to SM10 under old what's-his-name was merely a temporary setback - look at her now. (Thanks again, MrBill! :) )

To continue the good thoughts, we have NINETEEN SMx hosts who are doing a great job. Show me another team that even comes close. :thumbsup:

BTW: The SMx project has contributed over 375,000 points to this great project.
    :celebrate
    That's great! I had no idea The SMx Project contributed so much. :)

No to get those computers back so it can be even better! :rarr:

EDIT: Nineteen out of how many, prof?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    To hell with tar, pitchforks, shovels, and fire.
    ....Why don't we register them at Pixyland
    :eek2::eek2:
    edited July 2004
    19 out of 22... Well 18 out of 22 but a new IC10 was donated... So, SM22 down to SM01 (IC1)...