short-media.com presents a grand opening door prize

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Community
Well, it's been 2 months since we've opened our doors, so we figured its time to thank all of you who have made this such a great place to hang out.

As such, we are going to be offering a grand opening door prize to our charter members. We will randomly select a winner from the ranks of the membership as of today, excluding those who are staff members or members who have experienced a temporary (or permenant) ban. So if you're signing up today, thanks and welcome aboard, but unfortunately you won't qualify for the prize :)

Now to the bit you care about: What's the prize?

A bundle that includes:

Abit NF7-S v2.0 motherboard
AMD XP 2500+ "Barton"
256mb PC2700 DDR SDRAM :mullet:

The drawing will be held on August 1st, 2003 to celebrate the 2 month anniversary of short-media.com

Best of luck! :)

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Wow! That would make a nice addition to my folding stable... ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Hot damn. :eek2:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I'm quitting the staff just long enough to win this prize.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited July 2003
    TD_Isles said

Not before I do :p
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    Oh, this would come in so handy...

If you do this like the NBA draft lottery, and give people with the worst gear a better chance, I ought to have it made!:p

Prof
    (KT7A-Raid, T-Bird 1200@1333, 512MB PC-133, etc. - I hear the Smithsonian is interested in my current rig for their new exhibit on primitive computers):vimp:
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Sweet! You guys rock!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    TD_Isles said

I'm right behind you.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Oh suhweet Jesus!! My current rig would be retired promptly if I got that hella upgrade!

Nice gesture guys, what a cool thing to do! :thumbsup:
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited July 2003
    Oh man, that sounds so similar to the parts I was already planning on buying next month for a new rig

/me crosses his fingers and hopes
  • SpinnerSpinner
    follows suit and quits
    Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    follows suit and quits
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Actually this is an elaborate hoax to get rid of disloyal staff.... :)
  • Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited July 2003
    primesuspect said

;D
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    hmm...i think we should start a new staff category called "Everyone but shwaip" These people decide who's going to win the contest.
  • mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited July 2003
    Hmm....the first draw I ever entered. I could use a boost in my folding production.

/me Crosses fingers
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    primesuspect said

:banghead: DOH!
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited July 2003
    To help save on shipping, I'll just take ca$h! :D
    edited July 2003
    a2jfreak said
    To help save on shipping, I'll just take ca$h! :D

Good old a2jfreak, always thinking of others.:tongue:

Prof
    (Good luck, a2j :wave: )
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited July 2003
    Wow u guys rock.

/me crosses his fingers and hopes for the best
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited July 2003
    profdlp said

If you do this like the NBA draft lottery, and give people with the worst gear a better chance, I ought to have it made!:p

Prof
    (KT7A-Raid, T-Bird 1200@1333, 512MB PC-133, etc. - I hear the Smithsonian is interested in my current rig for their new exhibit on primitive computers):vimp:

Ha, not even close Prof. My home computer is a 4 year old E-machines Celeron 400 Mhz with 96 MB RAM running Windows 98 (not enough RAM to bother upgrading it, you know?)

My 12 yr old son was banging his head last night doing 60 MB+ scans of Yugioh cards and Photoshopping them with his own artwork. He had to reboot every 20 mins or so to flush the RAM.

So, a vote for me is a vote to encourage my kid's creativity :)

Dexter...
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited July 2003
    What kind of man is so sick that he wishes luck to others in a contest that he's entered in. You disgust me profdlp. * shivers *

Anyways, I guess i wont enter to give you all a good chance, seeing as i have all the sweet gear you speak of.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited July 2003
    It's entirely altruistic! I was only thinking of saving them a few extra dollars, honest. :D:D:D
    profdlp said

Good old a2jfreak, always thinking of others.:tongue:

You too! I can only think of 1 person I'd rather win it--me! :D
    profdlp said

Prof
    (Good luck, a2j :wave: )
    edited July 2003
    Dexter said
    Ha, not even close Prof. My home computer is a 4 year old E-machines Celeron 400 Mhz with 96 MB RAM running Windows 98 (not enough RAM to bother upgrading it, you know?)

My 12 yr old son was banging his head last night doing 60 MB+ scans of Yugioh cards and Photoshopping them with his own artwork. He had to reboot every 20 mins or so to flush the RAM.

Dexter...

In that case, I hope you win.:thumbsup:

But if I win, I'm still keeping the cool loot.:p

Prof
    (Altruistic in theory, but not in practice...)
    edited July 2003
    Al_Capown said
    What kind of man is so sick that he wishes luck to others in a contest that he's entered in. You disgust me profdlp. * shivers *

Anyways, I guess i wont enter to give you all a good chance, seeing as i have all the sweet gear you speak of.

Well, wishing someone else luck isn't going to alter the odds of me winning. And now, win or lose, Dexter thinks I'm a swell guy.

I view it as a Win/Win thing.:thumbup

prof
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited July 2003
    Dexter said
    profdlp said

Prof

Dexter...

Ha i got that beat, my machine is a 7yr old custom build 200mhz 96MB ram - the Smithsonian can have my machine if they're interested, i'll even pay shipping :)
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited July 2003
    Red Dawn said
    Dexter said
    profdlp said

Prof

Dexter...

Ha i got that beat, my machine is a 7yr old custom build 200mhz 96MB ram - the Smithsonian can have my machine if they're interested, i'll even pay shipping :)

LIES! What you forgot to mention was the p3 laptop you have. Shame on you dawn, shame shame shame.
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn
    bows his head in shame

kinda ironic too cause i'm postin from the laptop too
    Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited July 2003
    bows his head in shame

kinda ironic too cause i'm postin from the laptop too
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    primesuspect said
    excluding those who are staff members
    :shakehead :grumble:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Awesome!..way to show your appreciation to the members of this forum and their advice they willingly give to others. You guys @ Short-Media rock!.

Good luck to all who qualify. Just dont forget to pick me ;)

fc
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited July 2003
    Oh how cool is THIS??? PICK ME PICK ME!!! I need that board to, uh, feed my kids? Yeah, that's it....come on, baby needs to eat this week!!!!! :)

Actually, the board would find a home inside my soon to be built gaming rig, and my current machine could be dedicated to the folding effort! :)

Again, just to reiterate...PICK ME!!!!!

Very cool Prime and S-M staff, very very cool.
  • SputnikSputnik Worcester, MA
    edited July 2003
    and i's about to order that exact stuff..... gonna wait a few more days, just in case