short-media.com presents a grand opening door prize

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    :eek: OMFG...

We had staff until last nite.. now they have all quit :bawling:

Good luck everyone! :D
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Don't tempt me... devil2.gif
  • edited July 2003
    I sure could use a Barton. Give my dad a better gaming machine.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2003
    Just to double-check, we're all (all eligible members, that is) entered automatically, right?
  • mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited July 2003
    Heh, I need to retire one my folding machines. The K6-2 isn't cutting it. Takes more than two weeks for 1 WU!
  • khankhan
    prays to god, allah, yahweh, budda, etc. etc.
    New
    edited July 2003
    prays to god, allah, yahweh, budda, etc. etc.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Too late, khan. I've already conducted a Denial Of Service attack on God/Yahweh/Buddha/Allah/etc's prayer line. I'm the only one who can get in.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Shorty said
    :eek: OMFG...

We had staff until last nite.. now they have all quit :bawling:

Good luck everyone! :D

I am still here, I aint going anywhere. I am upgrading in a few weeks to the same spec anyway so I will let someone else have it ;)
    edited July 2003
    Black Hawk said
    Don't tempt me... devil2.gif

You are fired :D
    Geeky1 said
    Just to double-check, we're all (all eligible members, that is) entered automatically, right?

Yep. Indeedly dee ;)
    khan said
    /me prays to god, allah, yahweh, budda, etc. etc.

;D Keep trying.
    Preacher said
    Too late, khan. I've already conducted a Denial Of Service attack on God/Yahweh/Buddha/Allah/etc's prayer line. I'm the only one who can get in.

Could that be considered as "abusing your position" .. as you are a man of the cloth with a hotline to the big guys? ;D
    Necropolis_uk said

I am still here, I aint going anywhere. I am upgrading in a few weeks to the same spec anyway so I will let someone else have it ;)

Ok.. we got one staff member left. Knew I could count on a UK moderator to do the right thing ;)
    edited July 2003
    Shorty said
    Ok.. we got one staff member left. Knew I could count on a UK moderator to do the right thing ;)

:D:thumbsup:

:ukflag: :ukflag: :ukflag: :ukflag: :ukflag: :ukflag: :ukflag:
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited July 2003
    GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME!
    edited July 2003
    Slick said
    GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME!

Dont be greedy, good things come to those who wait ;)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Good luck to you all!!!:thumbup
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: i want it so bad.... :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    After reading all 4 pages of this thread, I've come to the simple conclusion that the fine members of S-M are nothing but greedy suckups. You make me proud. ;D
    edited July 2003
    kanezfan said
    :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: i want it so bad.... :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    You have just as much a chance as everyone else :D
    TD_Isles said
    After reading all 4 pages of this thread, I've come to the simple conclusion that the fine members of S-M are nothing but greedy suckups. You make me proud. ;D

We have trained them well :thumbsup:;D;D;D
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    This seems like an excellent idea. Congrats to whoever wins.

One thing I can't understand is why are people "asking" to win? I thought it was random .
    edited July 2003
    Nixxer said
    This seems like an excellent idea. Congrats to whoever wins.

One thing I can't understand is why are people "asking" to win? I thought it was random .

Oh it is, its going to be very random :scratch::scratch::tongue:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    It is random. They just want it badly.:)
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2003
    Feel free to take me out of the running and give it to someone who needs it much more than me - I'm currently well stocked in new hardware :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    T-BirD said
    Feel free to take me out of the running and give it to someone who needs it much more than me - I'm currently well stocked in new hardware :)
    So if you win then you're free to make a contribution to your favorite supermod :cool:
    edited July 2003
    T-BirD said

Thats kind of you. If you want to be removed from the draw I dont see why not. Everyone thank T-bird, you chances of winning just went up.

And Keebs, dont even think about it. We know where you live, all equipment will be tagged and if you end up with it, expect a knock on your door from the feds :D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I believe Shorty installed a tracking device on the board.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    It's not random.... The staff have devised a complex algorithm that take the number of post from the individual divided by the number of minutes since the website was created then round up to the nearest whole number. That determines the number of entries you have.

For example... Me.... I have 139 posts so I would be entitled to 0.0016087962962962962962962962962963 entries. Round that up to the nearest whole number is .....

:usflag:
    1 entry.
    :usflag:
    edited July 2003
    TD_Isles said

It has an embedded detection BIOS. Im well organised :cool:
    edited July 2003
    Shorty said
    TD_Isles said

It has an embedded detection BIOS. Im well organised :cool:

We have also managed to incorporate the old PIII Serial number code onto an Barton chip. Connect to the internet and we will find you (only turned on if it gets near Keebs, so the winner need not worry :D)
  • redoulentredoulent Michigan
    edited July 2003
    must get post count up :thumbsup::respect::thumbsup::respect:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Is there an official time frame for this give away?
    I can't remember what it said on page 1.

This would be very cool, and it would help the folding cause very much. And keep my basement from getting too warm.
    edited July 2003
    edcentric said
    Is there an official time frame for this give away?
    I can't remember what it said on page 1.

This would be very cool, and it would help the folding cause very much. And keep my basement from getting too warm.

:thumbsup:
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited July 2003
    This act of altruism is absolutely heart-warming. It has spread like wildfiire too because I have received PMs from Thrax, MGK, Preacher, GHoosdum, Ageek, Al_Capown, Aranyic, bitwise, bothered, brilt, Citrixmeta, Clutch, Coaster, Cool_Canuck, csimon, CyrixInstead, danball1976, DOSMAN, drowd, edcentric, and umm, anyone else I did not list. :D

Thanks everyone for stepping aside so I can win! You guys truly rock! :D:D:D

:celebrate
    T-BirD said