Pics of folding computers / farms

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2007
    Sure it's not your comp, without the Team # set up in config????
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Might want to check that :)
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited March 2007
    This one quit on me - I'm analyzing the situation now. Maybe I can get it back up and running. :rolleyes: Jack
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2007
    witenoiz wrote:
    This one quit on me - I'm analyzing the situation now. Maybe I can get it back up and running. :rolleyes: Jack

"Fuzzy logic" problem, me thinks.:)
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited March 2007
    dragonV8 wrote:
    Sure it's not your comp, without the Team # set up in config????

Already checked defiantly not me.

edit: Heres some of my machines that fold. The silver lian-li machine is dead (Either a bad VRM on the dual p3 board or a bad motherboard).

serversrs3.th.jpg
    workspacefrontfg8.th.jpg

edit: Both the black ibm and the dell tower are ipcop routers. Everything else but the workstation (REX) Folds.

edit: Btw anyone here play dawn of war warhammer 40k ?. Greatest RTS ever I cant get enough of it (Hence why im in windows).
    edited May 2007
    GrayFox wrote:
    edit: Btw anyone here play dawn of war warhammer 40k ?. Greatest RTS ever I cant get enough of it (Hence why im in windows).

http://www.dowtournaments.com :)

amy other folding rigs :) I know we have tons of new folders on team #93....
  • wthwwwthww Terre Haute, Indiana
    edited June 2007
    I'm setting up my own make shift farm. I'll tell you its soon to be siblings, and its current members.

Sempron 3000+ 512mb Ultra PC3200 2x 80gb drives. Its the main machine, and fold constantly, even while in use.

Dell Optiplex thing. 933mhz 256mb RAM 2x 20gb WD drives

iMac DV SE 400mhz G3 512 mb RAM 40gb drive

Beige G3 w/ G4 400 upgrade, 512mb RAM, and a big enough HD to run OS X and Folding

My trusty K6-2 500 w. 256mb RAM and some drive I found on my work bench (aka, dresser table thingy)

and for a little satire, I am thinking about bringing my am5x86 back into service :o. I love its host name. clock-stopper ;). 133mhz, 128mb Edo RAM, and all processor. :D

Ya I know, these machines mostly suck, But I'll get better ones shortly :)

//wthww
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    You'd be surprised how much a group of machines that "suck" can actually produce :rarr: good on ya, wthww... your contributions are appreciated :)
    edited June 2007
    wthww welcome to the team :) can't wait to see you rise in points :)
  • wthwwwthww Terre Haute, Indiana
    edited June 2007
    Ya. primesuspect, I was surprised. its only been a couple hours and the iMac has completed 304937 out of 5000000 steps. It really amazed me. It may get its WU done before the big bad sempron does. I've yet to get anything but the iMac sempron and PIII online yet, beacuse my 3com superstack decided to has its fans fail during mini lan party. ah, the smell of burning plastic.

//wthww
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Welcome to the Team wthww!!! Every point counts and brings us closer to a cure!!! :thumbsup:
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    My rigs. That will soon be folding - once I have learned how to "farm"
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Nice pictures!!!
    edited July 2007
    good stuff :) if you need help feel free to ask.. we will get you folding in no time....
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    I am slowly getting the parts I need and the knowledge required to network and "farm" them to create a little army.

I need HDs for the servers as when I got them all the originals save a backup had been destroyed(got them from an Internet Service Provider) - even have full replacement parts, enough to rebuild one if necessary.

Thanks for the offer to help - I am sure to ask for it in the near future:bigggrin:

When fall comes I should be ready and it will be cool enough here to run them 24/7
    and the servers will probably be used to host a small website and at least one completely dedicated to Folding! This combined with my P4 3.GHz/P3 933MHz/P2 400 MHz and Celery 2.4 Ghz should to ok.
    Interests me since several relatives have succumbed to cancer and I also have a very good chance of passing the same way:eek3::zombie:
    edited August 2007
    Any more images of sweet folding rig's or even rig? :)
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    My desk is a complete mess in this pic...

My main folding/gaming/music rig is on the left in the black Antec P180.

There are two Dells and an old IBM rig that is tucked behind them that also fold, plus my file server is behind the plastic drawers and it folds as well. The PC front and center is just a footrest right now until i get a new PSU for it, will get it folding again soon...

Folding is a nice complimentary addiction to my overclocking addiction. The two feed off of each other. :rarr:
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited August 2007
    Do I espy a Numark turntable or two and vinyls? Haven't seen any of that since I gave up my Thorens. Dang, you're giving away your age, mas0n :D . Looks like you tickle some keys too. Add that up with Folding- all I can say is: Rock on, man.
    edited September 2007
    dscn0579pt0.jpg

One of these folds... I forgot what one but one of them does.

edit: Btw thats the new setup.
    edited September 2007
    I know a few of you have some new Quad core rigs... lets see those puppies
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    I know a few of you have some new Quad core rigs... lets see those puppies

Here is one. This setup used to house an NF7 with Mobile barton. Recently upgraded to
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6
    Q6600 running 3.2ghz
    2x1gig OCZ reaper 1066
    OCZ PSU
    Nvidia 8800GTS
    SATA hard drive and Optical drive
    Swiftec pump , Black Ice rad and custom waterblock
    Just about 3000 PPD with SMP

attachment.php?attachmentid=23862&d=1189182209

Scott
    edited September 2007
    Nice system, and nice boost in PPD :)
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited September 2007
    Scott- what model of the OCZ power supply did you use?

I have to be careful here because Leo is a SuperMod and Sexy ThermalTakes drive him wild ... :vimp:

Q6600 currently @2.7GHz
    TT V1 HSF
    2GB Corsair PC1066
    GA-P35-PQ6 (same as Scotts'
    Seasonic 650W PSU
    EVGA 320 8800GTS
    Raptor 150

This is actually my son's rig.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23863&stc=1&d=1189214954

attachment.php?attachmentid=23864&stc=1&d=1189214972

attachment.php?attachmentid=23865&stc=1&d=1189214972
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Qeldroma wrote:
    Scott- what model of the OCZ power supply did you use?

Evostream 720W

I have to be careful here because Leo is a SuperMod and Sexy ThermalTakes drive him wild ...

That otta do it for him...

Need some Kleenex Leo ?

Scott
    edited October 2007
    I just upgraded to a p182 and wow this is a big upgrade from the p180B.
    edited November 2007
    Heres a more updated picture of the network and server equipment.

Heres everything from top to bottom

Cisco 2610 16MB of Flash, 64MB of ram
    2x Cisco catalyst 1900 24X10mb 2x100MB
    Cisco 2610 16MB of Flash, 64MB of ram
    Asus GIGAX switch 24 ports 100mb, 2 ports 1000mb.
    Lucent cat5e 48 port patch panel (missing one 6 port unit)
    (ICARUS) NETGEAR 7212GSM Pro 12 port layer 2 managed switch. (Runs a IOS knock off for the os)
    (ODIN) DELL POWEREDGE 1650, 512MB of ram , 73GB 10000RPM SCSI drive, 2X1.2ghz
    (SHIVA) Homemade, 2X 2.8GHZ Xeon, 2GB of ram, 2X 500GB Seagate's in raid 1,Tyan motherboard.
    (Aquinas) Dell PowerEdge single 933MHZ p3, 256MB of ram and SCSI 9.1GB drive.
    (OSIRIS) SUN enterprise 220R, 1.5GB of ram, 2X450MHZ ultrasparc2, 2X18GB SCSI drives.

All of the old cisco equipment is just for learning on.

The Asus switch is just the switch on my DMZ (Where I run OSIRIS and occasionally Odin)

Odin dual boots debian and windows server 2003, I sometimes host game servers off of it in windows I mainly use it for backup storage and foldign but it is too loud and uses too much power so its currently off.

SHIVA is the local content server (NFS and SMB) and it also runs CUPS for the print server I store everything there.

ICARUS is the core switch all of the servers hook directly up to it as well as my workstation and all of the other swtiches, Everything else runs off one of the other 3 switches (Netgear 8 port gigabit/Linksys 8 port gigabit/5 port linksys 10/100).

Aquinas is my Router,IDS, DHCP,DNS & Firewall its powered by ipcop. The DMZ cant directly communicate to the Public lan without me forwarding ports from the dmz to the lan but public can see the dmz without issues. This way if one of my servers gets compromised the public lan will be fine.

Osiris hosts both GrayNetwork.org (Currently down) and the Netpointfocus forum.

On a side note can one of the admins please increase the maximum file size for jpg attachments ... I had to crank compression and replace part of the picture with blackness to make it fit in 488KB.. This image looks horrible with all those jpeg artifacts...
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Awesome poster :D
    edited November 2007
    Yah its a old one tho :/. (PC4400 enhanced latency was the highest end back then)

OCZ has been great in my personal experience and at work. It preforms great and is very reliable. (However we did get 7 bad packages of DDR dual channel kits in are last shipment with all sticks dead and a good deal of dead DDR2 Intel optimized DDR800. But im sure it was just damaged in shipping (Probably too much gamma radiation at customs.)) Ocz is still the best memory manufacturer out there and I strongly recommend them to anyone looking for high performance ram.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    GrayFox wrote:
    On a side note can one of the admins please increase the maximum file size for jpg attachments ... I had to crank compression and replace part of the picture with blackness to make it fit in 488KB.. This image looks horrible with all those jpeg artifacts...

Hey, with all that hosting power, why don't you just host the images up on one of those machines ;);D

Realistically, with the size of our site the way it is, we need to conserve where we can, and file attachments are one place. 488K should definitely be large enough for a super high quality jpg. I'm not sure why you had to do so much to your image to make it 488K....

//edit: ... 2288x1712 is a bit excessive, don't you think? :wtf: you could have shrunk the image to, say 1000px wide and it would have been a lot smaller :nudge:
    edited November 2007
    Fair enough I didn't look at the resolution I just cranked compression and make part of the image black. And im not hosting it off my server becuase I only have a meg of upload :(. (ADSL FTL... I need a leased line)