Pics of folding computers / farms

Comments

• edited September 2005
    mmm cool, you do have them running the folding program at 100% process speed with high priority right? :thumbsup:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    of course why do you think I have 20,000 plus points after 2 weeks:)
  • edited September 2005
    sweet :thumbsup:

I wish I had enough resources to fold for a cure. If I did I would overdue it and have about 50 servers running with Quad 3.6 Zeon Processesors, 32GB ECC DDR2 RAM, all hooked up to a OC-192 connection. and the only thing that would be loaded on there is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and the folding program. Everything folding at 100% processor power and High Priority.

Now if that's not a great way to help for a good cause I don't know what is. :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2005
    ...I wish I had enough resources to fold for a cure...
    The rig in your signature looks pretty hefty - why not get on The Team? :D
  • edited September 2005
    alright I will where do I download the stuff. and register
    edited September 2005
    alright I will where do I download the stuff. and register
    Go here. It will tell you everything you need to get started.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in the Notable Milestones Forum. :thumbsup::fold:
  • edited September 2005
    Alright I downloaded it and I am up and running
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Mr. Pain, thank you! The majority of the your fellow team members Fold with only on CPU. Don't feel intimidated if you've only got one machine. What's your rig? If you have a P4 in hyperthreading, you can run two nstances of Folding@Home simultaneously. Hmm, just noticed you have 1512MB of RAM. Can you run hyperthreading with unmatched sticks? I haven't tried that.
  • edited September 2005
    Yes you can run HT without the same amount of sticks. But be warned maybe its just my pc acting funny but when I added the gig stick on my windows went crazy.

Boot Memory has changed or something like that. then windows booted but did not see the stick so I took the stick out then just left the gig in then it saw one gig then I put both of them in there then it wouldn't boot. then i put the 512ddr2 back in there and it wouldn't boot, etc...

so with no way to fix the problem I had to reformat my 40GB but this time I made a partition for windows and another for my files smart huh :cool: Now everything is working fine after I reinstalled all the data I had for my E drive the new format and c: windows.

But I was happy that most of my files where on D the 160gb and had DVD backups for the programs on c so everything is working fine now.
  • edited September 2005
    Welcome to the team :]
    edited September 2005
    hm mm....
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Yes, you're right. We need to get back on topic. We're sorry.

OK, next picture, please! :D
    edited September 2005
    Yes some more pictures, Im dying to see an image of JonsHandbrake's farm...or how in the heck he is getting those numbers :)
    edited September 2005
    ...Im dying to see an image of JonsHandbrake's farm...or how in the heck he is getting those numbers :)
    JonsHandbrake is a she, and oversees one of the biggest private Folding Farms around. Along with DragonV8 (he's the "Jon" in JonsHandbrake) they also host SM27. When they posted pictures of SM27 they also gave us a glimpse of their mighty arsenal. :)
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Yes soe more pictures, Im dying to see an image of JonsHandbrake's farm...or how in the heck he is getting those numbers :)

she
    edited September 2005
    Sorry for the Gender confussion, and good god I bet that room is hot :) I wonder what they use them all for?
    edited September 2005
    ...I bet that room is hot :) I wonder what they use them all for?
    I believe they had to add a window A/C unit to keep the temp manageable.

And - they are all dedicated 24/7 Folding rigs. :wow2:
    edited September 2005
    That is awesome :)
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited September 2005
    That is awesome :)

Awesome is an overused word in the general venacular of these forums, but when it comes to describing Jon and Sally it's spot on.

These guys are what team 93 is all about. DragonV8 came in early, followed by Jons'handbrake with lots of questions and we all followed their trials and tribulations as they brought on succsessive PCs in to folding.
    They are a credit to Team 93 and are now some of our most prestigious folders.

......There are loads of others.....

:):):):)

That's why I log on every day to keep in touch.

Fold on chaps, especially the new ones, maybe you also will deserve the accolade of awesome. :D:D:D

Cheers

Crypto :D
    edited September 2005
    Crypto wrote:
    Awesome is an overused word in the general venacular of these forums, but when it comes to describing Jon and Sally it's spot on...
    Absolutely. :)

At their current pace, sometime within the next 24 hours they will become Team 93's third member to cross 2,000,000 points. They are also the top producers on the team right now by a substantial margin.

:respect:attachment.php?attachmentid=15511&stc=1
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    As #2 Producer.... ah, yep, vast difference between #1 and #2. Closer race is #2 & #3.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited October 2005
    Yes soe more pictures, Im dying to see an image of JonsHandbrake's farm...or how in the heck he is getting those numbers :)
    profdlp wrote:
    JonsHandbrake is a she, and oversees one of the biggest private Folding Farms around. Along with DragonV8 (he's the "Jon" in JonsHandbrake) they also host SM27. When they posted pictures of SM27 they also gave us a glimpse of their mighty arsenal. :)

Sorry it took so long, but here we go...............
    1 Sally's desk
    2 My desk
    3 Sally's work/test bench.
    edited October 2005
    Few shots of "The Farm".
    edited October 2005
    Few more for a different perspective.
    edited October 2005
    The last 2.

Last pic is of Sally's babies. :D
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    Mr. Pain, thank you! The majority of the your fellow team members Fold with only on CPU. Don't feel intimidated if you've only got one machine.

I think thats one of the reasons most people don't bother folding though. All the time you see people bragging about their clusters, how many more hundreds of machines they just added or how they are raining in 5000 points a week and it makes the average Joe just think... "meh". Sure, it's easy enough saying "every machine counts!" but we all know this is a point competition, why else would everyone obsess over it so much, hell, I even remember reading a few posts on here recently saying without the points they wouldn't bother folding. In short, if you're someone that works somewhere where you can leech all the work PCs to fold for you then you're going to get praised for your output, get to be in the top 100 and get "awed" by people, if you're just average Joe with his one (maybe 2) PC's then nobody's going to care.
    edited October 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    ...if you're just average Joe with his one (maybe 2) PC's then nobody's going to care.
    Enverex, you are only a click away from seeing how truly wrong you are. :cool:
    edited October 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    I think thats one of the reasons most people don't bother folding though. All the time you see people bragging about their clusters, how many more hundreds of machines they just added or how they are raining in 5000 points a week and it makes the average Joe just think... "meh". Sure, it's easy enough saying "every machine counts!" but we all know this is a point competition, why else would everyone obsess over it so much, hell, I even remember reading a few posts on here recently saying without the points they wouldn't bother folding. In short, if you're someone that works somewhere where you can leech all the work PCs to fold for you then you're going to get praised for your output, get to be in the top 100 and get "awed" by people, if you're just average Joe with his one (maybe 2) PC's then nobody's going to care.

I think you need to get out of your shell and have a good look around. We for one worked hard for every cent spent on these computers. We don't ride on the back of corporate computer power.

We fold with this many machines for 2 reasons. Research to benefit humanity and for TEAM #93. There have been calls for trying to get the Team back into the top 10. We answered quietly by adding more computers at OUR expense, not looking for kudo's of any kind.

I personally, along with other members, welcome all newcomers with open arms and depending on work commitments add my voice in the "Milestones" threads.The pics were added to this thread as they were asked for, not to brag about what we have. (Please refer to the title of the thread).

I may be wrong by taking your reply personally, but i felt it was directed at me. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Jon
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Enverex, you are only a click away from seeing how truly wrong you are. :cool:

The notable milestones is about as personal as those automated emails that forums send you on your birthday. Everyone gets one regardless of how active or inactive they are, most people reply and say "yay, congrats!!!11" for the sake of it with no actual feeling or anything that makes it worthwhile.

And no dragonV8, my reply wasn't aimed at you.
    edited October 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    The notable milestones is about as personal as those automated emails that forums send you on your birthday.
    Thanks. My training as a Protocol Droid prohibits further discussion of this subject on my part.
    Everyone gets one regardless of how active or inactive they are, most people reply and say "yay, congrats!!!11" for the sake of it with no actual feeling or anything that makes it worthwhile.
    No, not everyone. YOU haven't had any in recent memory. I guess it's easier to sit on the sidelines and whinge than it is to actually do something. Every thread in the Milestone Forum acknowledges someone who has actually done something. You need look no farther than this thread to see why it is that people care about the subject.
    And no dragonV8, my reply wasn't aimed at you.
    This thread has been around for nearly seven months, yet you chose to comment now. Perhaps it's time to face the fact that you're merely jealous of those who are making a positive difference in the world.

It's easy to be negative - any fool can do that. Doing something positive often involves hard work. Are you ready to roll your sleeves up and get busy?

It's hard for me not to take this personally. If you really want to get at me, why not try making a positive comment somewhere in these forums - I'd probably have a heart attack the moment I read it. There is precious little evidence to suggest that I need worry about that, though.