Pics of folding computers / farms

Comments

• V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited March 2006
    muddocktor wrote:
    Ok, one more off topic post and then let's get back to pics of farms. ;)

SCAR, if I interpreted your first post wrong (and I evidently did), then I apologize to you for jumping down your neck so hard. And I didn't mean it to be derogative when I posted about you being a teenager and still living at home; there's nothing that can cure that except time and when you get older and see how much living really costs, you will perceive the sacrifices that Jon and Sally and all the other big time farmers make monetarily. As for the competition, I still stand behind my statement that even folks with just 1 or 2 machines can be competitive even with the big dogs like Jon's Handbrake, by forming subteams. I used to be dead set against them but my perspective has changed quite a bit about subteams in the last year or so. I've seen a couple of subteams get together since I came back to them and they have added quite a few extra computers both to the project and also to the team. A big farmer shouldn't discourage anyone from folding; just because you can't afford to run the machines they can doesn't mean you can't have fun competing. Besides subteams, you can also compete against fellow folders that are in your league, folding wise.

And I also wasn't making fun of you for splitting your DC cycles among different projects. There are many DC projects out there that are deserving of support by someone. But I think that you will find that if you try to share 1 processor between F@H and BOINC for example, 1 or the other will get the majority of the spare cpu cycles. DC projects tend to not share equally when the work is processor intensive like F@H and a lot of BOINC projects. Now assigning different computers to different projects is totally OK, but as for me my machines will stay on 1 project. But if you like doing 3 different DC projects, then more power to you, like I said earlier. ;)

Again, I apologize for misinterpreting you earlier post, but I was still seething from reading the drivel that Enervex posted and your post struck me as another attack at Jon and Sally. :)

Now we can resume the pictures of farms. :cool:

It's ok mudd. We all have misconceptions sometimes.
    Back to the pics now.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2006
    Scar, if i misinterpreted your post also, i apologise. I get annoyed at people throwing everyone into one basket and treating them all the same. Each and everyone of us is an individual.

In our case, we purchased all these computers and built them ourselves. They all live in our games room and all costs are covered by us, not some corporation. I am just a glorified labourer and my wife, Sally, looks after the "farm". We fold for medical reasons, living in the hope that cures may be found in our life time. We are oldies, so OUR life time is somewhat shortened. (fact of life).

Folding is one way we can do our bit for Humanity. Everyone is a Winner.

On a different note, hopefully, we will be able to add a few more pics here in the near future.

Jon
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited March 2006
    Here are my 2 of my 3 home machines... I just got the wired into my KVM (im lazy) :D

The black cube Storage server:
    P4 Prescott 3.0
    intel 865gbf mobo
    1gig ddr333
    4x 250gig maxtor driveline2 in a raid 5
    1x 80gig sata

Bill The Cat:
    P4 3.06 533
    Intel 845gbf mobo
    1gig ddr266
    1x 200gig IDE
    1x 80gig IDE
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    The thread of Doom is back! Post your rigs Nobbie Folders.....
  • mike047mike047 Zirconia, NC
    edited April 2006
    HI,

Some very impressive farmers here...big AND small. You have a tight knit powerful team here and look forward in the future to possibly joining you[2008].
    Prior commitments preclude an earlier date.

I have a thread at another site with my farm, but don't know if it is OK to link to it in this thread or not.

Moderator OK and I will.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    sure, go for it. We all fold for the same goal :)

Welcome to short-media :thumbsup:
  • mike047mike047 Zirconia, NC
    edited April 2006
    Thanks Prime:D

We are ALL working for the same goal.

Here's my rigs and particulars;

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=203839
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Mike, many of us are well acquainted with Extreme Overclocking. You guys have the best teams and individual production tracking apparaturs for Folding on the Web.
  • Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited April 2006
    Guess I could add these pictures.

The first is of the rack holding all my money and the 2nd is a picture inside the case while in the rack (note the switch covering up the drive bays in the picture ;))

Dual AMD Opteron 246s :fold:

* Right now it's out of commission because of a broken HSF assembly cage :-/ Replacement coming in a few days.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited June 2006
    I just got this one in.

500MHz Celeron, 128MB RAM, 8.4GB HDD, running WinME. It only runs stable up to 16 Color and currently has no working CD drive or sound card.
    edited June 2006
    I know there has to be more out there soemwhere!
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2006
    Here's 2 of mine and Icrontic6,
    MVC-002F.JPG

IC6 is on the left( Dual 242 Optys), My dual core 805D, and my dual Xeon.
    Ignore the wreckage, this room is primarily my junk.
    edited August 2006
    Okay Boys and Girls Sledgehammer70 has a new layout :)

New_Office.jpg
    the new desk layout! I made sure to sport SM pride on all 4 screens :)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Im so jealous, that looks like a sweet setup!
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited August 2006
    Im so jealous, that looks like a sweet setup!

You can't be talking about mine.

Sledgehammer, you've got more gpu power in your rigs than I have cpu power!
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    :rockon::rockon: here is my little farm,

all diskless, running off 1 hdd on the master.
    we got 7 rigs here.

amd xp's, a p4 1.4ghz and 1ghz duron :)
    farm.jpg 109.3K
    edited August 2006
    wow... hard core right there :)
    edited October 2006
    Thread bump... lets get some more rigs posted :)
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Thread bump... lets get some more rigs posted :)

mine's not much to look at... :\

Just looks like a couple library computer labs...because they are...:wink:
  • ThermalfishThermalfish Melbourne, Australia
    edited October 2006
    mine's not much to look at... :\

Just looks like a couple library computer labs...because they are...:wink:

Ditto to that. Classrooms with computers in them do not a pretty picture make.

Here are my home/home office computers;
    1. Office, both Athlon 64s folding 24/7
    2. Home 'studio' corner. Athlon X2 folding 24/7, when Im not working on a mix.
  • edited October 2006
    This is my corner at the basement where I build and keep the rigs. There are three more computers upstairs and two in the office. I build my computers with a very limited budget so there are no fancy cases; I have modified most of them for better air flow. The Dell case on the bench is actually from the junk pile in the university. I have just completed modifying its front panel connectors for a generic MB.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    OK here is the closet they lock us in at work, plus my desk, 4 Dell's with 2.8GHz P4's Foldingf or the team while I do overnights... plus the laptop whose built in camera is taking these shots...
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    RWB wrote:
    OK here is the closet they lock us in at work...

oh, that sucks.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    RWB wrote:
    OK here is the closet they lock us in at work, plus my desk, 4 Dell's with 2.8GHz P4's Foldingf or the team while I do overnights... plus the laptop whose built in camera is taking these shots...

I'm picturing you holding the laptop up to eye level while taking these shots... :D
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I'm picturing you holding the laptop up to eye level while taking these shots... :D

Then you would be telepathic????!! How'd you know!!?:wow:

tehehe, you can see my shoulder in one of the pictures... ever try guiding a camera built in on a 17" widescreen laptop? It ain't easy.:tongue:
  • ThermalfishThermalfish Melbourne, Australia
    edited October 2006
    RWB wrote:

Rather 'Dylbert-esque'.
    edited November 2006
    Any Others?
    edited December 2006
    Wow! I know we have new folders for team 93... bust out those Cameras and snap snap some images :)
    edited March 2007
    3 months since a new comer? I don't believe it...
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited March 2007
    I would post a picture of mine ... but untill all the machines work again and are folding im not going to.

edit: WTF someone is folding as me but without a team ...