AquaMark3 - Post Your Score & Comment

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    See sig. Compared to Dogsoldier's GPU results, you can see how much GPU overclocking influences the result of this test. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=24798&d=1202816521
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2008
    You're right Thrax, I hadn't really considered the video card being an SC. I ran yesterdays test with one 1GB stick of Mushkin (I borked the other stick a couple of days ago installing the new motherboard) and with the CPU overclocked to 3.6. Today I ran the test again with my new ram.. G.skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ 2x2GB: screenie_aquamark3.jpg

You can see the dual channel makes a difference. I wish I could stay at 3.6Ghz but it won't Fold and it won't run Orthos. But It will run those apps at 3.28ghz and so, I'll just increase the FSB incrementally until i find the wall.
    edited February 2008
    What is the core/mem of your GPU?

Obviously this is not a very CPU-heavy test. ;D
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited February 2008
    i just ran the test and got 63,367, i dont know how to upload images...

that score was on a

459mhz core
    400mhz memory
    ill up them a bit and test again
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited February 2008
    well after some tweaking i got these results...

Core: 615mhz
    Mem:400mhz
    result 75,394

Core:415mhz
    Mem:472mhz
    Result:65,011

so clearly the best way to go for my 8500GT is overclocking the core...?
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    141,000, but I was running alot of stuff at the same time :P I'll do a proper one before I go to bed

(Core: 800MHz, Mem: 1GHz)
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    @ Dog and Thrax:

Am I correct in assuming that the 320MB difference between you two doesn't come into play since testing was done at 1024*768?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    DogSoldier wrote:
    You're right Thrax, I hadn't really considered the video card being an SC. I ran yesterdays test with one 1GB stick of Mushkin (I borked the other stick a couple of days ago installing the new motherboard) and with the CPU overclocked to 3.6. Today I ran the test again with my new ram.. G.skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ 2x2GB: screenie_aquamark3.jpg

You can see the dual channel makes a difference. I wish I could stay at 3.6Ghz but it won't Fold and it won't run Orthos. But It will run those apps at 3.28ghz and so, I'll just increase the FSB incrementally until i find the wall.

Now see I should atleast get close but i score a 120K ith my setup BUT my mobo volatages are wrong and I am awaiting asus to send me a new mobo, I cant oc it and really hate to mess with it or else it will crash for a while and takes me 2 hrs to get it back up then it corrupts my windows and I gotta reinstall. SO for 1 more week i am stuck with CRAPPY scores
    edited February 2008
    NiGHTS wrote:
    @ Dog and Thrax:

Am I correct in assuming that the 320MB difference between you two doesn't come into play since testing was done at 1024*768?

Correct.
    edited February 2008
    Whats should this score be with my system?
    edited February 2008
    Did a restart etc.... WTB QUAD ¬_¬

EDIT: Goodnight IC! :tongue:
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    My score confuses me as well- I don't know a whole lot about computers, but I thought I might do better than this-

aquamarkresults.jpg?t=1202864043

I have a AMD 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (overclocked)
    A NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO
    And 2 gb of Kingston Hyperex Ram

It's not quad cores, but I think it's still pretty spiffy. :D

Though my comp does need to be cleaned out, I don't know how much of a different the dust bunnies will make.

edit

My BF says that my computer compares to yours a lot worse than I thought, so I guess mah score does make sense.
    edited February 2008
    Yea I gotta get teh new motehrboard in by the middle of next week and Ill OC my E6600 to around 3ghz, so that will help alittle, I know my 3850 is not 8800GT BUt i should get around a 140 to 160K range out of my system

ALSO vista prolly is holding it back alittle
    edited February 2008
    OK! I had to install nTune to see what the clock was, it's Core/Mem 576/850. I have the CPU folding at 3.4Ghz and Orthos runs without any problems.. seems thats as far as I can take it with any stability. Still a great deal better than the 3.17Ghz I got with the P5B Deluxe. I updated my sig to indicate all my new hardware and speeds. Gnome, I'll help you as much as I'm able, but have to admit, I'm no longer a fan of Asus. I'll be RMAing my P5B tomorrow. Now, lets see how much I can overclock the video with nTune....
    edited February 2008
    I want to OC higher, But I have an unlucky combination of a bad OC'ing chip and an unlucky one.
  • edited February 2008
    Here's a couple of Aquamark runs I made. The first is my laptop that I ran last year when I got it. The second is with a Seti cruncher I cobbled together with an old 6800GT I bought from the OC Forums classifieds for $50.

Laptop:
    aquamark3xpim5.jpg

Seti cruncher:
    aquamarkrun2withcpuzyp3.jpg
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited February 2008
  • edited February 2008
    Here's a run I made with the same Seti cruncher, but this time with my 8800GTS (G92) installed on it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24889&stc=1&d=1203827955
    edited February 2008
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2008
    oooh, I'll have a go when I get home! Will post later on! :)
    edited March 2008
    Did some ocing ( i still have more room ) and this is what i got
    edited April 2008
    Switched to XP and NO oc on the vid card
  • edited April 2008
    I was playing around with my QX yesterday, seeing how well it would overclock while on air. I didn't run any benchmarks that stressed things for long periods of time (worried about heat) but I did run some quick benches with it, including AM3. Here's what I got with it at 4305 and using my old 7900GTX vid card. Seeing this makes me wonder how much better I'll see with my 8800GTS installed.

qx96004305aquamrkrun5mm8.jpg
    edited April 2008
    New Q9450 at 3.482 Ghz

new_aquamark.jpg
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited April 2008
    Hrmm, 69000 and some change.

Something is wrong. I have a 3600x2 oced to 2.5ghz, a 8800gt and 2 gigs of memory but my aquamark score was only 69000. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should look into?

I think I should be getting around or over a 100k is my cpu limiting me that much?

Full specs
    Asrock sataII
    3600x2 @2500
    8800gt useing one of the later beta drivers for a freezing problem I was having in ut3
    2gigs pc 3500 @ 408
    Audigy 1
    2 raptors in raid 0, os
    1 300gig sata2 hd for storage
    edited August 2008
    170 No oc on anything in sig Id break 180 easily IF i wasnt in vista
    edited November 2008
    wahoo Vid card is at stock and I am at 3.6 on my Oc
  • CallredCallred Maryville, tn
    edited April 2009
    OK, just for fun and old time's sake: (Can someone explain the thumbnail view?)
    am3.jpg
  • MochanMochan Philippines
    edited April 2009
    Man, I still remember the days when I was just scoring like 30k on that.

Now I'm doing like 150k with my 4-year old rig. No JPG unfortunately I don't know where I put it.
  • CallredCallred Maryville, tn
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I know what you mean. To this day when I build a new machine I rerun 3dMark 03 and 05 because I used those in so many previous builds that I have a running timeline of the increases I got though the years.