SM Team AMD vs Intel

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Is it just me or is 3 AMD proc's just wooping on 5 Intel proc's?

Such is the scheme of things :D
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited November 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Such is the scheme of things :D

not really. All depends on WU. I have one that is scheduled for completion on January. Ill probably get 3 points for it
    :D
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited November 2005
    I think the single 733MHz PeeThree I contributed isn't pulling much weight compared to the AMD procs :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2005
    Sledge, looking through the threads is appears like you are keeping track of the number of members Folding with each type of computer. (AMD, Intel, & Mac)

How about an AMD vs. Intel vs. Mac breakdown where you divide the points scored by the number of active users? We could have a dual duel (!) where we track not only total points, but the point-per-week average of the machines of each type. That way we could get a feel for which outfit is packing the most punch, even if they have a smaller number of computers than one of the other groups. :)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I could do that! in the Stats threads I started.... I don't know how to find out which each comp is putting up for each team but I do have the daily and weekly totals from:
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=93

any ideas on how to make this work in a better way?
    edited November 2005
    I also do not have all the users for each team! I need to get everyone to let me know how many procs they have for each team :) I figured they would have told me...but they haven't. I am trying to get this much more organized than it is :)
    edited November 2005
    Stanford will tell you the number of active users for each username within both a seven and fifty day period. You could look at EOC's stats for a weekly point total per team, then divide it by the active processors within seven days figure. :)
    edited November 2005
    Working on something you will like :)
    edited November 2005
    well the wheels are rolling on this new projects and we need all the 1 and 2 CPU guys we can get! so Join Team AMD, or Team Intel, or if you own a Mac Team PowerPC
  • AtticusAtticus Dryden, Ontario, Canada.
    edited November 2005
    Ha. I'm on dialup with a piece of . intel machine. Im not too sure if i did this right though. I entered the Team Intel info and the team # of 93, then it said "User name not found locally" It requested ID from server and my machine ID is now 1. Am i under Team Intel or no? How do i find out?
    edited November 2005
    Your log file should look like this :) The guy who started Team Intel was nice enought not to enter the name like I asked :( he put in SM_TEAM_INTEL instead of SM_Team_Intel. I don't knwo if caps matter in a name but try to make them caps and you should be good.
    edited November 2005
    Did that help at all?
  • AtticusAtticus Dryden, Ontario, Canada.
    edited November 2005
    I think so. What i have for the most part looks the same as what i see from your screenie. Its running in any case, i'm on the 97th step as i type this. If i'm not i'm the team i'm not gonna lose sleep over it you know? I appreciate the fast reply tho. <3
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2005
    Good onya for joining the Intel team Atticus. Give those AMD/PowerPC folk something to worry about. :D

The fact you are on dial-up does not matter, as long as you are online to up/download WU's. That is what i do on my notebook whilst i'm at work. Works a treat. :thumbsup:
    edited December 2005
    I guess the guys form Team Intel could not hang.... Team Intel has fallen off the grid with just over 10K points. With Team_AMD power the same 2 CPU's from day 1 stays steady at 17K. and Power PC seems to have lost its Luster as it's whopping 9 CPU's dropped to 5 than to 2 :) and we all know Power_ PC can not hold the lead with 2 CPU's it is only a matter of time until TEAM_AMD catches up.

R.I.P.
    May SM_Team_Intel rest in peace, in hopes of someone coming along and bringing her back to life...
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    People with any processing muscle will be folding for themselves anyway.

But yes, afaik the names ARE case sensitive.
    edited December 2005
    the point of this SM_project isn't for a few guys with 1000 CPU's... it is for the guys who have 1 or 2 CPU's... so they they may have a chnage to get into the top 100 or even compete with the top 10 Folders for Team SM
  • MacaholicMacaholic 1 Infinite Loop
    edited December 2005
    Power PC seems to have lost its Luster as it's whopping 9 CPU's dropped to 5 than to 2 :) and we all know Power_ PC can not hold the lead with 2 CPU's it is only a matter of time until TEAM_AMD catches up.

Sounds somewhat presumptuous to me. Or perhaps deluded?! ;D

Delusions.jpg
    edited December 2005
    the point of this SM_project isn't for a few guys with 1000 CPU's... it is for the guys who have 1 or 2 CPU's... so they they may have a chnage to get into the top 100 or even compete with the top 10 Folders for Team SM

But they won't really be in the top 100 will they, the TEAM will. Sure, they are a member of that team, but it isn't really that person themself that is in the top 100. Hell, it just screws those that may be working on their own and have just enough power to get there, but then get shoved out by other groups of collective machines that aren't one person in particular.

Kinda like the Google team was to the other F@H teams, I'm sure you'll all remember how much of a stink that kicked up... although you hadn't heard of folding back then so I'd look it up instead.
    edited December 2005
    well the idea is to make it fun foe everyone, and 3 teams of so many members are not going to take all the top spots. I find the idea fun , and it seems to have stirred some intrest over the last month or so. it seems your the only person to really object....at this point!
    edited December 2005
    3 are enough to double Bothered's gap from the top 100, they also push the rest of us back. Although, normally everyone here disagrees with me so I doubt this will be any different.
    edited December 2005
    I don't know if anyone is Bothered by that! maybe I will break up my farms just enought to get Bothered down 6 spots.....

also adding more folders like myself to the site would do the same thing.

Im just trying to prove a pointless point. :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    But they won't really be in the top 100 will they, the TEAM will. Sure, they are a member of that team, but it isn't really that person themself that is in the top 100. Hell, it just screws those that may be working on their own and have just enough power to get there, but then get shoved out by other groups of collective machines that aren't one person in particular.

Kinda like the Google team was to the other F@H teams, I'm sure you'll all remember how much of a stink that kicked up... although you hadn't heard of folding back then so I'd look it up instead.

The sub-teams thing has been kicked around before, and usually everyone tended to have the same kind of idea you're saying here, Enverex. This particular project, I think, got some extra buy-in because it was deemed as beneficial to Team 93 as a whole, but I think sub-teams are frowned upon in general, for the same reasons you describe.
    edited April 2006
    Here we go again! We need Mac, Intel and AMD guys to jump on the train of happiness to get Short-Media back to the top 10... We don't care how old the CPU is just set it up for one of the above teams and get folding!!! woot! :)
  • MacaholicMacaholic 1 Infinite Loop
    edited April 2006
    So, let us say that a body might have an iMac, Mac mini, or MacBook Pro Core Duo. Is that silicon for the Mac team, or the Intel team? I suppose one core could be Mac and one Intel. Interesting. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2006
    To be honest it is more pick a team... I don't care what CPU you have! but as it sat you would fold for the team your CPU is. So if it is a new Mac with a intel chip you would be Intel.... if it is a Mac with a Mac chip than it is power PC :)
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited April 2006
    How are "teams" helping us get back into the top 10 anymore than individual people are!?
    edited April 2006
    When it started people where pulling older systems out of the wood works to fold. before the teams were placed these rigs were buried in dust. It mainly gets people to pull in more PC's for the folding :)
    edited April 2006
    Nightwolf wrote:
    How are "teams" helping us get back into the top 10 anymore than individual people are!?
    If it builds some excitement and gets a few more people involved it will help. Another thing is that this site tends to lean towards x86 type machines. It would be nice to bring a few Mac people out of the woodwork, too. :clap::fold: