*NEW* SiI3x12: SATA RAID/IDE BIOS v4x76 Released

Comments

• edited July 2006
    Hi

New here - the Si3112A BIOS v4.2.79 is also out.

If anyone has an ABiT AN7 then here is the r19 BIOS with the RAID BIOS integrated
  • edited July 2006
    winactive wrote:
    Hi

If anyone has an ABiT AN7 then here is the r19 BIOS with the RAID BIOS integrated

you have a the Si3112A BIOS v4.2.79
    for A7N8X-E DELUXE?
  • edited August 2006
    Here's the A7N8X-E release 1013 with the v4.2.79 RAID BIOS.

You'll need to image your SATA drive and then re-transfer with the new BIOS installed or you will suffer data loss. Make sure you are already using the v1.00.56.1 driver for the Sil3112A.

If you do NOT do this you will lose the SATA data - IDE drives are unaffected.
  • edited August 2006
    winactive wrote:

You'll need to image your SATA drive and then re-transfer with the new BIOS installed or you will suffer data loss. Make sure you are already using the v1.00.56.1 driver for the Sil3112A.

Thanks a lot! It was looking sufficient the time, same debtor!
  • edited August 2006
    winactive wrote:

I do not know what I make, my A7N8X-E does not detect my HD sata 2 ST3300622AS SEagate, it already this chosen team for sata 1 1.5
  • edited August 2006
    luciano-r wrote:
    I do not know what I make, my A7N8X-E does not detect my HD sata 2 ST3300622AS SEagate, it already this chosen team for sata 1 1.5

Does it not pick up in RAID BIOS or just not boot into Windows?

If it's not detected in BIOS check SATA cables - did it detect before? I'm assuming any SATA mode jumpers are set correctly.

If it's not booting into Windows but detecting in BIOS, please reformat the drive using the RAID tool and re-install Windows if system drive, otherwise manage in Disk Administrator in XP once formatted in RAID BIOS. RAID driver must be version 1.00.56.1. Update device driver before proceeding.
  • edited August 2006
    winactive wrote:
    Does it not pick up in RAID BIOS or just not boot into Windows?

If it's not detected in BIOS check SATA cables - did it detect before? I'm assuming any SATA mode jumpers are set correctly.

If it's not booting into Windows but detecting in BIOS, please reformat the drive using the RAID tool and re-install Windows if system drive, otherwise manage in Disk Administrator in XP once formatted in RAID BIOS. RAID driver must be version 1.00.56.1. Update device driver before proceeding.

It does not detect in the BIOS. E also does not detect in windows.
  • edited August 2006
    http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/sata/st3300622as.html

Unless anyone else here can shed any light as to why this drive might not work?
  • edited August 2006
    I obtained to detect with bios 4.2.79, was a simple thing that I had forgotten to qualify sata in motherboard, thanks a lot!
    :thumbsup::wink:
  • edited August 2006
    :range: Last question. Somebody knows which the best version of driver and bios for SATA 3112 of the silicone. To only use a HD? Without being in raid. Version with better performance for only 1 HD. I am with the 4.2.79 and Driver 1.0.56.1
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Hi Guys,
    I was wondering if I should update my mobo bios/SATA drivers, etc.
    If so, Which should I do/ or use.
    I'm running main drive WD SATA 36G 10,000 rpm Raptor / WD SATA 360 Caviar backup.
    I'm finishing the build today and it's an older discontinued mobo.
    Abit Guru zAN7. Seems Abit doesn't have that exact model # for it. No (z) when searched at their site.
    Didn't know if the AN7 is what they refer too is the one.
    They also seem to have updated Flash menu software.
    Here's the versions of CD/floppy I have with the board...
    Abit Guru Drivers/Utility Cd Ver. NV-1.26M + SATA driver disk Ver.1.33.
    This board at abit looks identical to mine.... http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/drivers.php?categories=1&model=158
    Then again who knows, looks can be deceiving.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thnx
  • edited August 2006
    Hawk wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    I was wondering if I should update my mobo bios/SATA drivers, etc.
    If so, Which should I do/ or use.
    I'm running main drive WD SATA 36G 10,000 rpm Raptor / WD SATA 360 Caviar backup.
    I'm finishing the build today and it's an older discontinued mobo.
    Abit Guru zAN7. Seems Abit doesn't have that exact model # for it. No (z) when searched at their site.
    Didn't know if the AN7 is what they refer too is the one.
    They also seem to have updated Flash menu software.
    Here's the versions of CD/floppy I have with the board...
    Abit Guru Drivers/Utility Cd Ver. NV-1.26M + SATA driver disk Ver.1.33.
    This board at abit looks identical to mine.... http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/drivers.php?categories=1&model=158
    Then again who knows, looks can be deceiving.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thnx

Well if it's any help, the board you link to looks exactly like mine - the European (UK) AN7 http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=AN7&fMTYPE=Socket+A the BIOS image & driver is earlier in the thread.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Yes winactive,
    I checked everything in the manual and that is the exact same board.
    Thank you very much. Appreciate your confirmation on it.
  • edited August 2006
    Hi everybody,

I recently installed a Silicon Image PCI 3112 Sata Raid Card into my PC. I have been trying to update the Bios. I have been trying to follow the instructions by going to the Sata Raid Icon in the Window's Control Panel.. and going tothe Flash Bios Tab.. but the browse button is just grayed out and it doesn't appear to let me click to browse for the bin file. The current Bios on the PCI card is 4.2.47. Could someone suggest a way for me to update the Bios to the card? Does a Flash Utility exist for this?

Please help.

Thanks.
  • edited August 2006
    Dear Borg Number One, Spinner and everybody,
    Nice to meet all of you here, I am using gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2(Rev 2.x). I have just bought the Maxtor S-ATA2 250Mb Harddisk. I found that I cannot install window XP into my new HD during the disc copying the file into the HD. I read some of the message that you guys posted. I also tried to install Borg Number One provided Bios Update on FK + v4x76 update. It can start up on the first time, after that; I try to start the machine with previous OS using IDE HD. I have restarted machine and try to install window again. It seems the Silicon raid controller cannot show up anymore. I have tried to reinstall the previous bios version. The chipset icon still cannot show up. As I know, Silicon has a new version of bios and driver v4x79. Is there anyone can deliver the new GA-7N400 Pro2(Rev 2.x) [Bios ver. FK]+ Silicon SATA chipset [Bios ver.4x79] bin file for solving my current situation??? I really cannot figure it out how to patch this two bios together.

Borg Number One: Do I need to pay for help me to doing that? since I have boot up with my computer, you would like to get some messages on screen about donation of your work. Please let me know how is it going on.

Hopeless Gigabytes User.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    winactive wrote:
    Hi
    BIOS: an719.exe
    BIOS ID:1.9
    1. Add AMD XP OEM processor 2800+ support.
    2. Enhance CPU compatibility with Sempron 2200+.
    3. BIOS compiled date: 06/13/2005

I was reading the info on the AN7 and it shows update to support Athlon XP 2800+. Guess they never updated it for the XP 3200+.
    So what happens when I put an XP 3200+ in it?
    Or would I be better off putting the 3200+ in my NF7 Ver.2 mobo and taking the 2800+ and put it in the AN7 Ver1?
    They both have the same bios chip too. Already got that confirmed.
    I'm going to use the NF7 to hotswap the bios chip from the AN7 and flash/update it.
    I'm reading info on exactly how the proceedure is done now.
    It just doesn't seem real clear to me, copy all to floppy/floppies etc.
    I assume it has the flash utility built right into the update program that goes onto the floppy with the drivers etc.
    But I'll get it.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited August 2006
    Hawk wrote:
    BIOS: an719.exe
    BIOS ID:1.9
    1. Add AMD XP OEM processor 2800+ support.
    2. Enhance CPU compatibility with Sempron 2200+.
    3. BIOS compiled date: 06/13/2005

I was reading the info on the AN7 and it shows update to support Athlon XP 2800+. Guess they never updated it for the XP 3200+.
    So what happens when I put an XP 3200+ in it?
    Or would I be better off putting the 3200+ in my NF7 Ver.2 mobo and taking the 2800+ and put it in the AN7 Ver1?
    They both have the same bios chip too. Already got that confirmed.
    I'm going to use the NF7 to hotswap the bios chip from the AN7 and flash/update it.
    I'm reading info on exactly how the proceedure is done now.
    It just doesn't seem real clear to me, copy all to floppy/floppies etc.
    I assume it has the flash utility built right into the update program that goes onto the floppy with the drivers etc.
    But I'll get it.
    The AN7 fully supports the XP 3200+. The AN7 is essentially the same motherboard as the NF7-S v2.

Cheers
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    Ahh, Cool.
    Thnx Spinner. I wasn't sure.
    I've been reading so much on hotswapping and other info on the 2 mobo's that my eyeballs are spinnin! hehe
  • edited August 2006
    mits wrote:
    As I know, Silicon has a new version of bios and driver v4x79. Is there anyone can deliver the new GA-7N400 Pro2(Rev 2.x) [Bios ver. FK]+ Silicon SATA chipset [Bios ver.4x79] bin file for solving my current situation??? I really cannot figure it out how to patch this two bios together.

Finally someone that has the same problem as me!
    I have the same motherboard and this chipset wont recognise my Seagate 750GB SATA drive
    have fired off emails to Silicon Images, Gigabyte and Seagate
    and all Gigabyte does it fob me off with "have you checked it is prugged in?"

If anyone is able to roll the latest SATA BIOS 4.3.79 http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=29&cid=15&ctid=2&osid=0&
    in with the latest MOBO BIOS FK http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=1756
    I would be extremely grateful

I too have tried the 'update BIOS' from within the drive config but it is greyed out
    I believe it wont work using that method if the chipset is integrated
    Thankyou for your time!

edit: found the FK with 4.3.76 BIOS here http://www.short-media.com/forum/showpost.php?p=390938&postcount=86
    it detects the drive beautifully, the only problem is that its in a computer that I use over radmin (ie, no keyboard)
    so while testing I can skip through the credits but when its in normal operation I wont be able to
    is there any possibility of having this lovely BIOS with a timer rather than a keypress switch ?
  • edited August 2006
    Moredhel wrote:
    Finally someone that has the same problem as me!
    I have the same motherboard and this chipset wont recognise my Seagate 750GB SATA drive
    have fired off emails to Silicon Images, Gigabyte and Seagate
    and all Gigabyte does it fob me off with "have you checked it is prugged in?"

If anyone is able to roll the latest SATA BIOS 4.3.79 http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=29&cid=15&ctid=2&osid=0&
    in with the latest MOBO BIOS FK http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=1756
    I would be extremely grateful

Hey Moredhel, :thumbsup:
    I have update the new bios by myself.. and there are some tricks for flash this suck bios. I have spent three nights flighting with the motherboard, silicon chipset and my new HD. Anyway, back to the topic; I have attached the lastest Gigabytes FK bios with 4.3.79 bios. I just make the new version as "FK".
    1. You just have to upgrade bios with this 7n400p2.fk file.
    2. You have to restart the computer after upgrade bios
    3. After the first time, successful scan your HD.
    4. Shut down your computer
    5. Open your case, remove the battery on your mother board and remove the electric plug of your computer around 10 secs.. let the bios really using the new configuration.
    6. install the battery back and the electric plug
    7. turn on your machine and set up your CPU and some basic setting
    8. If you install the new window, go to the silicon web site to down the lastest driver for the bios. (Dude, I guess you know where to download, if not leave a msg here.
    9. reinstall window with the lastest driver on it. Please download the proper version; otherwise, it can't detect your HD.
    10. Sit back and enjoy the new HD.
    Wish you can success. If there is any enquiry, free feel to leave me a msg. I don't know it will be same as your case,:werr: since I am using 250Gb HD only. Hope it will work for you this time.
  • edited August 2006
    Hi Mits!

Thank you your modified BIOS.

My motheboard is gigabyte 7n400Pro2 Rev2 too.

Well, I download your attached files, name is "7n400p2.zip", but the uncompressed BIOS file is binary equally with "bios_7n400p2_fk--SiI-3512-BIOS-v4376.zip".

I think your BIOS SATA verision is 4376, not latest (4379).

Please correct is possible, thank you.
  • edited August 2006
    mikk wrote:
    Hi Mits!

Thank you your modified BIOS.

My motheboard is gigabyte 7n400Pro2 Rev2 too.

Well, I download your attached files, name is "7n400p2.zip", but the uncompressed BIOS file is binary equally with "bios_7n400p2_fk--SiI-3512-BIOS-v4376.zip".

I think your BIOS SATA verision is 4376, not latest (4379).

Please correct is possible, thank you.

Sorry guys,
    I have uploaded the wrong version to the forum, please download the lastest version from this msg or the previous msg. million of sorry:hair:
  • edited August 2006
    ah excellent !!
    I was wondering why it didnt seem any different from the 4.3.76 one :)
    thanks very much, this has helped immensely !!!
  • edited August 2006
    My 7N400Pro2rev2 motheboard don't like the new sata bios.

If I'm use modded FK BIOS (from this forum)
    with Silicon 3512 version is
    - v4.3.76
    or
    - v4.3.79
    then BIOS is recognise my drive, but system don't boot...

Possible, if my reformat boot drive solve this problem, but my system is work perfectly... ;)
  • edited August 2006
    Hi,
    I've quite big problem with GA-7vaxp ultra and WD 2500JS SATA drive.I've newest bios(F7) on my mobo, but Sil3112 bios intergrated with was very old (4.1.36), so disk wasn't detected. Then, i load Spinner modified bios with 4.2.50 Sil3112 bios, and no success yet, and yesterday i integrated newest Sil bios (4.2.76) into mobo bios and load it, but still my drive isn't recognized:\. To integrate new Sil bios i used cbrom 2.15 and remove EPA logo to load it, then i loaded modified bios to mobo, and...no changes:\. I didn't reset my bios after any firmware changes.In attatchment i put newest bios to my mobo. Can somebody help mi to solve my problem?TIA, fumoffu
  • edited August 2006
    Here is the modded f7 BIOS with 4.2.79 SATA RAID ROM

7VAXPU_f7_4279_NO_ATA_RAID.zip

Please, however read Spinner's post #2 in this thread reminding you that to update the SATA BIOS the ATA RAID BIOS has been removed due to a lack of space in the binary.

Use at your own risk.

Also, don't forget to use the SATA controller in RAID mode, enable SATA Boot ROM in BIOS and it should detect drive - check also OPT 1 jumper is set - this controller is SATA150 and the drive ships configured as SATA-II (300).
  • edited August 2006
    Thx for quick reply.
    So, if i removed EPA logo only, Sil bios wasn't fully upgraded and drive have never been detected?
    "SATA Boot ROM" i haven't this option in BIOS, i think...;), I'll check again.

--
    fum
  • edited August 2006
    can you mod this:

K8nnxp f15 (unofficial)
    http://europe.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/BIOS/bios_k8nnxp_f15.exe

with s3512a v4x76 or higher?

Thank you!
  • edited August 2006
    astav wrote:
    can you mod this:

K8nnxp f15 (unofficial)
    http://europe.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/BIOS/bios_k8nnxp_f15.exe

with s3512a v4x76 or higher?

Thank you!

K8NNXPf15_4279.zip
  • edited August 2006
    Could someone help me please?

I'm using GA-8INXP with F5 (latest) bios. SiI 3112A bios is version is 4.1.36C. I'm currently using a Maxtor SATA drive in BASE configuration and the drive is working fine. I have the latest SiI 3112 BASE driver as well (version 1.3.64).

The problem i have is, the moment I enable the onboard SATA controller, I get BSOD whenever I access floppy OR connect a storage device on any USB port. and I mean any storage device from usb pen drive to iPod. Disable SATA and the problem goes away. I'm hoping updating the 3112A bios "might" resolve this issue.

if someone (Spinner?) could put together the F5 bios with the latest SiI 3112A BASE bios (I'm not sure what "BASE" is about but I'm certainly not using RAID on SATA atm), I would be very grateful.

Also, I am using RAID on the IDE channels though (RAID 1).

thanks.